Gamethread... M's v Padres.... Dipoto showcases trade chip

AT Funchal-Madeira

Gamethread... M's v Padres.... Dipoto showcases trade chip

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:24 pm

It's a busy day around the league as teams in contention prepare for the final run to the barn. The M's are looking for a five-spot in the win column but they are also looking to develop some trade leverage. Tonight's game is a final showcase game for TaiJuan Walker.... He's going up a monster with a hundred mile per hour fastball, a filthy slider and and a dominating 1.92 era who shutout the M's on 2 hits and a dozen strikeouts last August.

Taijuan has been good, teams are interested in adding him to their roster for the last half this year.... Yankees, Blue Jays, Rays, Braves, and a few others. If he does well today against San Diego's Dinelson Lamet as he did against the Dodgers last week, his trade value will spike even more. This is a trade audition for TaiJuan and Jerry Dipoto... and quite possibly the last game for TaiJuan in a Mariner uniform. Here's hoping he produces a quality start.... Jerry loves to deal, especially when he has leverage on his side. There will be a lot of teams watching this start.

I have a lot of work to do before game time today, so here is the "expected lineup" for each team from RotoWire. I'll replace it with the confirmed line ups before game time if all goes well and I am back before game time. Sorry to "bend the rules", but I already had this business scheduled last week and I did not expect to be still starting game threads five days later. In the meantime, let's turn around some century fast balls tonight and bring home a stunning win! Go M's!

The Seattle Mariners

Taijuan Walker R
2-2 4.00 ERA

1. J.P. Crawford (L) SS (The lineup for the Mariners was confirmed at 4:30 PM)
2. Sam Haggerty (S) LF
3. Kyle Lewis (R) CF
4. Kyle Seager (L) 3B
5. Austin Nola (R) C
6. Evan White (R) 1B
7. Jake Fraley (L) RF
8. Tim Lopes (R) DH
9. Shed Long Jr. (L) 2B

The San Diego Padres

Dinelson Lamet R
2-1 1.89 ERA

CF T. Grisham L
SS F. Tatis R
3B M. Machado R
1B Eric Hosmer L
RF Wil Myers R
2B J. Cronenworth L
DH Josh Naylor L
LF J. Profar S
C A. Hedges R
Last edited by AT Funchal-Madeira on Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AT Funchal-Madeira

Re: Gamethread... M's v Padres.... Dipoto showcases trade chip

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:35 pm

Dinelson Lamet... a big, mean and nasty looking Dominican, six foot three and 230 lbs, very intimidating on the mound. Has 45 strikeouts in his last 33 innings..
https://www.mlb.com/player/dinelson-lamet-659275

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:03 pm

AT Fresno wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:24 pm
It's a busy day around the league as teams in contention prepare for the final run to the barn. The M's are looking for a five-spot in the win column but they are also looking to develop some trade leverage. Tonight's game is a final showcase game for TaiJuan Walker.... He's going up a monster with a hundred mile per hour fastball, a filthy slider and and a dominating 1.92 era who shutout the M's on 2 hits and a dozen strikeouts last August.

Taijuan has been good, teams are interested in adding him to their roster for the last half this year.... Yankees, Blue Jays, Rays, Braves, and a few others. If he does well today against San Diego's Dinelson Lamet as he did against the Dodgers last week, his trade value will spike even more. This is a trade audition for TaiJuan and Jerry Dipoto... and quite possibly the last game for TaiJuan in a Mariner uniform. Here's hoping he produces a quality start.... Jerry loves to deal, especially when he has leverage on his side. There will be a lot of teams watching this start.

I have a lot of work to do before game time today, so here is the "expected lineup" for each team from RotoWire. I'll replace it with the confirmed line ups before game time if all goes well and I am back before game time. Sorry to "bend the rules", but I already had this business scheduled last week and I did not expect to be still starting game threads five days later. In the meantime, let's turn around some century fast balls tonight and bring home a stunning win! Go M's!

The Seattle Mariners

Taijuan Walker R
2-2 4.00 ERA

SS J. Crawford L
LF Sam Haggerty S
CF Kyle Lewis R
3B Kyle Seager L
C Austin Nola R
1B Evan White R
RF Jake Fraley L
DH Tim Lopes R
2B Shed Long L

The San Diego Padres

Dinelson Lamet R
2-1 1.89 ERA

CF T. Grisham L
SS F. Tatis R
3B M. Machado R
1B Eric Hosmer L
RF Wil Myers R
2B J. Cronenworth L
DH Josh Naylor L
LF J. Profar S
C A. Hedges R
Go M's! btw the owner of the game thread following a win can start the GT any time of day without lineups and add them later in the day.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:10 pm

Looking like the game will be cancelled cause RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:10 pm

How do you like dem Apples Harold?
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:23 pm

Anyone who thinks they can prevent someone from killing an innocent person by not playing a game thinks WAY too highly of themselves.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:25 pm

I don't get angry often but I can not express how furious I am. I despise mindless idiots and they are fucking up my night.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:28 pm

Here we are. I guess you guys are all still oblivious.

https://twitter.com/710ESPNSeattle/stat ... 9389418496
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:36 pm

What in the FUCK is wrong with your phone Terry. I feel like I am trying to get hold of my Parents.
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:40 pm

Game postponed.....SAN DIEGO — The San Diego Padres game against the Seattle Mariners was postponed Wednesday, according to ESPN's Jeff Passan, after several other sports teams chose to boycott their games over the police shooting of a Black man over the weekend in Kenosha, Wisconsin..... Dipoto explained, "If it would have been a white kid or a cop that was shot, well, that would have just been fine..... but Black Lives Matter.... we just have to do the right thing."