JRod

AZOldDawg

JRod

Post by AZOldDawg » Fri May 03, 2019 2:24 pm

Does anyone know how close young Julio is to returning to action? I see where Tui is out on rehab.

D-train

Re: JRod

Post by D-train » Fri May 03, 2019 2:44 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:24 pm
Does anyone know how close young Julio is to returning to action? I see where Tui is out on rehab.
I believe 6 weeks out so probably by the end of the month.

dt
dt

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Mon May 06, 2019 2:59 am

And when he does he better not get hit by another pitch or he'll be held out for another 2 months. smh. This organization really likes to handle prospects with kids gloves. I saw that Dunn hasn't topped 90 pitches in any of his starts... barely going 5 innings

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Mon May 06, 2019 3:34 am

Vogelbomb wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:59 am
And when he does he better not get hit by another pitch or he'll be held out for another 2 months. smh. This organization really likes to handle prospects with kids gloves. I saw that Dunn hasn't topped 90 pitches in any of his starts... barely going 5 innings
Growth. Observation. Acclimation. Mariners are handling Dunn as they should.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon May 06, 2019 4:09 am

Vogelbomb wrote:
He broke his hand. Bones take 6 weeks to heel. Are you mad that the Mariners can't circumvent human physiology?
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Mon May 06, 2019 5:32 am

Lots to moan at the organisation for but not resting a bone break for the required time isn't one of them.
Last edited by Dr Naysay on Mon May 06, 2019 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Mon May 06, 2019 5:56 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 4:09 am
Vogelbomb wrote:
He broke his hand. Bones take 6 weeks to heel. Are you mad that the Mariners can't circumvent human physiology?
It's actually a hairline fracture which doesn't require 8 weeks off.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon May 06, 2019 6:15 am

Vogelbomb wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:56 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 4:09 am
Vogelbomb wrote:
It's actually a hairline fracture which doesn't require 8 weeks off.
Bone requires at least 6 weeks to fully heel. That is a fact. Hairline or otherwise. He is an 18 year old prospect. There is no need to rush him. Let the bone fully heal, then he can work his way back slowly. No need to rush anything.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

:::

Post by ::: » Mon May 06, 2019 2:33 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:32 am
Lots to moan at the organisation for but not resting a bone break for the required time isn't one of them.
The Doctor has nailed this issue with his diagnosis. Call me crazy but I would speculate that the medical staff who have actually examined Julio have abetter idea what his hand needs than any of us web surfing Mariner fans. The injury shouldn't be any kind of set back. I don't see why a week or two of extra rest would make much difference if his hand was ready to go earlier anyway. JRod is a feaking stud. Out of all the position player prospects a few of us saw up close this spring in Peoria, his is the kid I thnk has the best chance of becoming an all star if not a super star.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon May 06, 2019 2:59 pm

Scratchiro wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:33 pm
Dr Naysay wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:32 am
The Doctor has nailed this issue with his diagnosis. Call me crazy but I would speculate that the medical staff who have actually examined Julio have abetter idea what his hand needs than any of us web surfing Mariner fans. The injury shouldn't be any kind of set back. I don't see why a week or two of extra rest would make much difference if his hand was ready to go earlier anyway. JRod is a feaking stud. Out of all the position player prospects a few of us saw up close this spring in Peoria, his is the kid I thnk has the best chance of becoming an all star if not a super star.
The kid is 18 and crushing it in A ball. He's already ahead of the game. 2 extra weeks won't set him back