I'd like Ohtani to be given a dirt bath ala David Gee!!!

Dr Naysay

I'd like Ohtani to be given a dirt bath ala David Gee!!!

Post by Dr Naysay » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:41 pm

Seriously, having just finished reading an article about the whole thing I am actually pissed at the guy. He knew full well he was going to LA the whole time, yet he strung us along and allowed M's management to think they had a shot at him when in reality all he was doing was just creating some bs hype. That might have been his managements doing but seriously I don't care.

Because the media(and clearly it was allowed and encouraged) gave us a pretty damn good shot at getting him we proceeded to ship off RHP Thyago Vieira, SS Christopher Torres, OF Brayan Hernandez, SP Paul Fry, OF Rayder Ascanio, and Nick Neidert in search of more international funds. Just imagine the flexibility in trades and the state of the farm we would have had if he had stopped playing us for fools, allowed us to stop wasting our time and just made his decision early.

I am pretty sure David Gee hates Anaheim anyway but I hope this dude is up there.

Rant/

Hanjag

Re: I'd like Ohtani to be given a dirt bath ala David Gee!!!

Post by Hanjag » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:48 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:41 pm
Seriously, having just finished reading an article about the whole thing I am actually pissed at the guy. He knew full well he was going to LA the whole time, yet he strung us along and allowed M's management to think they had a shot at him when in reality all he was doing was just creating some bs hype. That might have been his managements doing but seriously I don't care.

Because the media(and clearly it was allowed and encouraged) gave us a pretty damn good shot at getting him we proceeded to ship off RHP Thyago Vieira, SS Christopher Torres, OF Brayan Hernandez, SP Paul Fry, OF Rayder Ascanio, and Nick Neidert in search of more international funds. Just imagine the flexibility in trades and the state of the farm we would have had if he had stopped playing us for fools, allowed us to stop wasting our time and just made his decision early.

I am pretty sure David Gee hates Anaheim anyway but I hope this dude is up there.

Rant/
It would be nice to see what these guys become and reflect back. By becoming I mean what was their post trade peak value be it organizational #11 prospect, 7th inning guy, what they were traded for, etc.

:::

Post by ::: » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:10 pm

How about a link to the article? I think the characterization of the trades is a little over blown since several involved major league caliber players coming back to Seattle. Yeah, international slot money was picked up along the way but the drivers of 3 of those prospect moves were Leake, Phelps and Gordon. One comment I have is only fools can be played for fools. Anyway, water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:08 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
That gives me an idea. I'm going to steal a bulldozer, scoop up several tons of dirt, and then drive over to Angel Stadium and give it a dirt bath.

As for Ohtani, yes, definitely make him take constant dirt baths if only just because somebody's got to take them for this debacle.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:41 am

they also traded slot money again for other players, Edwin Quezada, Anthony Misiewicz, Shawn Armstrong

Petert

Post by Petert » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:33 am

Dr Naysay wrote:

Rant/
Dr N, this should add some fuel to your ire. ;)

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/07/ ... htani.html

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:03 am

I actually don't wish anything bad to the guy at all, he is a great player I just wish we weren't part of his LeBron Jamesesque show when he eventually signed for less money because he knew LA was where he wanted to go.