The disappointing famrhands, poll.

Which prospect's poor performance has you the most anxious about the rebuild?

Justus Sheffield, (preseason M's #1 and top 100 unanimous) 5.91 ERA, or recent surge in AA including a no-no into the 6th.
46%
Kyle Lewis (M's top 10, former top 100, and top 3 of his draft class) Bad injuries have impacted development and he has been high and low.
46%
Swanson Top 100 type? My ass, another overhyped Yankee fodder.
8%
Gerson Bautista, 100 MPH vs 9 walks in 12 innings
No votes
Braden Bishop, Had a chance to play MLB level and get regular ABs but got injured.
No votes

Total votes: 13

Hanjag

The disappointing famrhands, poll.

Post by Hanjag » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:30 am

1. Braden Bishop, He has performed well but just when the chance to play on the regular was presented, he pulls up lame and we see a steady diet of Mac Williamson, Moore, and I just really wish we could have seen him establish value.

2. Erik Swanson, like the true difference between baseball's 15th ranked draft pick and 39th ranked draft pick may be non-existant Swanson was a guy that I could see maybe being ranked = to a top 100 type pitcher Not top 50 but maybe just as good as a # 92. He has a 5+ ERA in AAA, and a 8 + ERA in mlb but did flash a good start or 2.

3. Gerson Bautista, He was the throw-in on the blockbuster but a 100 MPH arm is a heck of a draw at the deck. 9 BB in 12 innings has helped to a 4.5 ERA.

4. Justus Sheffield, Landing in AA has given Justus a shot in the arm he had the no-no into the 6th. He still has a 5.91 ERA this year after being dominant becoming Yanks #1 prospect because of it.

5. No. 7 Kyle Lewis, OF .253/.352/.366, He was super hot in Spring Training and impressed mightily, slumped and had well below a .700 OPS, then was red hot for a bit and now is slumping again.

Honorable mentions DTW, Damon Casetta-Stubbs, Any others worthy of mentioning?

Donn Beach

Re: The disappointing famrhands, poll.

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:04 am

Swanson has never been close to being a top 100 prospect, he has always projected as a 4-5 starter, wasn't even in the Yanks top 30 was he

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:29 am

At the risk of incurring someone's ire on here it would be Lewis for me. After Spring Training I thought he was going to be amazing but alas it's stop start repeatedly.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:07 pm

Might have been Sheff but his reboot has worked wonders in AA. If he can continue with the relatively amazing control in AAA he will be right back on track. Swanson has showed signs so not writing him off yet. I was almost suicidal when the return in the Mets trade was switched from McNeil who leads baseball in BA to Bautista who is just another worthless guy that can throw hard but can't pitch so I wasn't expecting a thing from him.

Has to be Lewis for him. Can't blame the injuries any longer. High K rate with minimal power makes Kyle a dull boy.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:08 pm

Might have been Sheff but his reboot has worked wonders in AA. If he can continue with the relatively amazing control in AAA he will be right back on track. Swanson has showed signs so not writing him off yet.

I was almost suicidal when the return in the Mets trade was switched from McNeil who leads baseball in BA to Bautista who is just another worthless guy that can throw hard but can't pitch so I wasn't expecting a thing from him.

Bishops injuries are a bummer but I never foresaw him as anything more than a 4th OFer.

Has to be Lewis for me. Can't blame the injuries any longer. High K rate with minimal power makes Kyle a dull boy.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:31 pm

It's got to be Sheffield. When you trade a starting pitcher like Paxton you have to get back an elite prospect, and it would appear the Mariners didn't.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:53 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:31 pm
It's got to be Sheffield. When you trade a starting pitcher like Paxton you have to get back an elite prospect, and it would appear the Mariners didn't.
Paxton has averaged 5 innings an outing. Is on pace for 133 innings pitched. (optimistic since you know he has another trip to the IL in his near future)

He has an 4.09 ERA and a 1.45 WHIP. That trade is going to look great in about a year imo.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:09 pm

Paxton's walk rate is up again this season, walks have always killed him, why he is a five inning pitcher...

http://bronxpinstripes.com/stats-breakd ... es-paxton/

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:19 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:09 pm
Paxton's walk rate is up again this season, walks have always killed him, why he is a five inning pitcher...

http://bronxpinstripes.com/stats-breakd ... es-paxton/
Saw that. Can't blame that on the band boxes. Usually he is great when he is able to pitch. Not so much this season.

WHIP

2017 - 1.10
2018 - 1.10
2019 - 1.45

His Yankee legacy will all come down to how he pitches in the playoffs, if he is not injured of course.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:59 pm

Only 2 of those guys I ever really had high hopes for. Sheffield had shown he had the ability to dominate. Lewis had been hot off and on, but his lack of power has been the most disappointing thing.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez