Flexen and Jetsom Game thread

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:22 pm

lineup.jpg
lineup.jpg (38.6 KiB) Viewed 740 times
dt

bpj

Re: Flexen and Jetsom Game thread

Post by bpj » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:31 pm

Feels like a very AAA lineup. Am excited to see how Flexen looks though. The video I saw of last year, it looks like he can be good.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:18 pm

bpj wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:31 pm
Feels like a very AAA lineup. Am excited to see how Flexen looks though. The video I saw of last year, it looks like he can be good.
Yep 1-3 = MLB 4-9 = AAA
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:43 pm

Try this name all the M's managers game. Hardest part is spelling the names correctly. I had to google about 7 times because I couldn't spell them even though I knew the names. I got all but 4 and two were interim. Who can beat me??

https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2021/3/5 ... ebvre-quiz
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:05 pm

My BILs are going to the games today and tomorrow. This is why I won't go to the first week of Spring Training again. By week 3, you should be getting mostly starters for 5-7 innings.

I did tell my BIL he should look into going Sunday because Gilbert might pitch...
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:11 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:05 pm
My BILs are going to the games today and tomorrow. This is why I won't go to the first week of Spring Training again. By week 3, you should be getting mostly starters for 5-7 innings.

I did tell my BIL he should look into going Sunday because Gilbert might pitch...
BIL522 is your brother in law? :)

Yeah, I think next weekend is the sweet spot where starters play most of the games before they start resting them again the last week of ST when they are just playing out the string before heading north.

btw only a 7 inning game today.
dt

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:46 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:43 pm
Try this name all the M's managers game. Hardest part is spelling the names correctly. I had to google about 7 times because I couldn't spell them even though I knew the names. I got all but 4 and two were interim. Who can beat me??

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT - AVERT YOUR EYES CHILDREN

I got all except for JR and DB.

Most of us can probably name all the Seahawk coaches, can you believe there have only been eight? And that's with two of them only coaching for one season.

Sonics coaches, now there's a challenge. Out of 15 I got 11, missed TN, BB, BK, and one of the BHs.
Last edited by DavidGee24 on Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:47 pm

This is a really good piece on the JK conundrum. Confirms my thinking that it all comes down to JK's performance relative to the other LF options.
Scenario 1: Kelenic surges all spring; Trammell+Fraley struggle
This circumstance should be the easiest outcome for Dipoto and the front office to navigate. If Kelenic proves on paper and in-person to be one of the best few hitters you have available, you put the best team on the field against the Giants on Opening Day. If Kelenic without question gives you the best chance to win, and looks every bit the part of a potential star, you eat the extra year of service time and get him in left field on day one. Hey, if he struggles and you need to conveniently demote him for a month to “work on some things” in July around the All-Star break, there you go, you get the year of service time back.

One of Jake Fraley or Braden Bishop is your fourth outfielder here.

Scenario 2: Kelenic surges all spring; So does Trammell or Fraley
This is certainly a tough on for Dipoto. Trammell and Fraley are already on the 40-man roster. They’re older than Kelenic. They have the minor league at-bats to show from it. They’ve “earned” the chance to break camp with Seattle.

In this case, One of Trammell or Fraley and potentially Bishop make the big league roster.

This is probably the only scenario where you could send Kelenic to the alternate training site and call him up at the end of April without a full-blown grievance being filed. Granted, that would likely only be possible if Trammell or Fraley struggled to open the year in Seattle and Kelenic “LOOKS GREAT!” at the alternate training site. He would then take the incumbent’s starting spot. If Kelenic proves he’s ready, but an older player already on the 40-man has a strong spring, it’s not impossible to make the argument the older player get the chance first. It doesn’t really pass the public sniff test, but it floats.

Scenario 3: Kelenic is fine this spring; Trammell and Fraley are awful
This is almost certainly a worst case scenario for Dipoto and the front office. On one hand, Kelenic likely proves he’s your best option in left field out of the gates, but also shows he’s not a surefire dynamo right away. On the other side of the coin, Trammell and Fraley both suggest starting either of them in left field on opening day is waving the proverbial white flag out there.

If Kelenic isn’t a complete stud this spring, he’s probably headed to the alternate training site, and if throwing an underachiever in left field is the band-aid, it could spark a bit of a public relations nightmare.

Scenario 4: Kelenic struggles this spring
This probably speaks for itself. If Kelenic struggles this spring, he’s headed to the alternate training site. If he struggles this spring, the Mariners will have to wait until Kelenic can get some worthwhile at-bats against real Triple-A teams. At that point, earliest Kelenic probably sees Seattle is June.
https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2021/3/5 ... g-training
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:50 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:46 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:43 pm

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT - AVERT YOUR EYES CHILDREN

I got all except for JR and DB.

Most of us can probably name all the Seahawk coaches, can you believe there have only been eight? And that's with two of them only coaching for one season.

Sonics coaches, now there's a challenge. Out of 15 I got 12.
Good work. I missed mid 80s the two interims and JM
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:16 pm

In case Twitter doesn't want you to see my comment: Sanity returning to America....

https://twitter.com/shannondrayer/statu ... 9046512642
dt