SS on JK

D-train

SS on JK

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:53 pm

How does this ass clown look himself in the mirror after spewing this nonsense. lol
When discussing Kelenic’s performance in Monday’s game, Servais said he thought Kelenic put together quality at-bats throughout the game, as evidenced by the two walks. He also said that in Kelenic’s final at-bat in the ninth inning, he put up a good fight and that it took a nearly perfect pitch to strike him out.

“It happens,” Servais said.

Despite the rocky start at the plate for the player many believe will be the face of the Mariners sooner rather than later, Servais is all-in on Kelenic’s play going forward, mainly because of what he brings to the table when he’s not in the batter’s box.

“Jarred, he brings so much to the ballgame,” Servais said. “I think everyone gets caught up in what he’s doing in the batter’s box or what the batting average looks like. But if you watched yesterday’s game he made a really good play in left field on a ball over his head to record an out there, he stole a base, he was on the move for a second stolen base when (Kyle) Lewis hit a double and he scored on that ball easily, which is not easy to do. This kid can really move on the bases. It’s more than a bat and that’s what we’re starting to see play out.”

While some may be clamoring for Kelenic to maybe get some more time off or even be demoted to the minors to get things right at the plate, Kelenic will actually be taking on a larger role for the Mariners beginnning Tuesday. Starting center fielder Kyle Lewis suffered what Servais called a “very small meniscus tear” in his right knee while leaping for a ball in the outfield on Monday. Lewis was removed from the game shortly after and on Tuesday, the Mariners placed the 2020 American League Rookie of the Year on the 10-day injured list. Servais said it’s unclear at this point how long Lewis will be out and whether he needs surgery.

With Lewis out for the foreseeable future, Kelenic will slide over from left field to center field, while fellow rookie outfielder Taylor Trammell has been recalled from Triple-A. Trammell and Jake Fraley, who just came off the IL, are options to play in left field.

Servais is excited to see Kelenic in this new everyday role.

“Understand that Kyle Lewis is going to be out for a while and Jarred Kelenic is going to play center field for us and he’s going to do a great job out there,” he said. “He can really play defense. There’s a lot of things going on in his game and the bat is going to come. There’s no question in my mind.”

Servais made it clear that young players struggle early in their careers more often than they start off hot, and he thinks Kelenic will “get it going” here very soon.
dt

D-train

Re: SS on JK

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:58 pm

In his last 7 games he is 0-26 with 11 Ks. Slash line for the ages .000/.133/.000/.133

From his 3rd game through last night. 5-64 .078/.181/.125/.306

But but but he is a super duper fast runner and and..........uh.........oh yeah he caught a baseball on Sunday! :roll: :oops: :?
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:35 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:58 pm
In his last 7 games he is 0-26 with 11 Ks. Slash line for the ages .000/.133/.000/.133

But but but he is a super duper fast runner and and..........uh.........oh he caught a baseball on Sunday! :roll: :oops: :?
With the exception of spring training, I haven't watched baseball for years (go to ST every year).....that is one hell of a stat line.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:55 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:35 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:58 pm

But but but he is a super duper fast runner and and..........uh.........oh he caught a baseball on Sunday! :roll: :oops: :?
With the exception of spring training, I haven't watched baseball for years (go to ST every year).....that is one hell of a stat line.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
You are a rare duck. Possibly a Unicorn. Guessing the number of people that only watch ST baseball could fit in a Chinese phone booth.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:20 pm

I'm not worried about Kelenic. I'm thinking about it long term. I know a lot of everyone in this forum wanna see the team go for it, or demote Kelenic, I think he just needs more time. It doesn't really matter what I think or not anyway with Lewis getting injured. He's gonna play.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:39 pm

What Kelenic needs is better coaching and he's obviously not getting any here.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:44 pm

I don't believe in the super natural, not even religious but my God, how can both White and JKs starts be explained without the existence of some sort of curse???
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:53 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:44 pm
I don't believe in the super natural, not even religious but my God, how can both White and JKs starts be explained without the existence of some sort of curse???
The dirty little secret around MLB apparently is that the M's are a laughingstock with regard to player development. Seems believable to me. What else would explain it?

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:00 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:53 pm
D-train wrote:
The dirty little secret around MLB apparently is that the M's are a laughingstock with regard to player development. Seems believable to me. What else would explain it?
Well, let's just say the Mariners haven't earned any respect for developing players....

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:03 pm

AT Fresno wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:00 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:53 pm
D-train wrote:
Well, let's just say the Mariners haven't earned any respect for developing players....
Oddly I am pretty confident the pitchers will do well. Zero faith in any of the hitters after the last two. Even Lewis has be shaky.
dt