Kyle Lewis meniscus repair procedure

Pharmabro

Kyle Lewis meniscus repair procedure

Post by Pharmabro » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:25 am

According to:
https://www.uofmhealth.org/health-library/te7372

If there were not any complications 4 to 6 weeks from his 6/9 surgery. If there were, 3-6 months.

Moore is back giving the M's 6 competent players in the line-up. Crawford, Haniger, Seager, France, Moore, and Fraley. Lewis would make 7. If the recovery is more the 4 to 6 weeks it might be nice to see 7 players contributing regularly after seeing only 3 or four for large amounts of games.

Coeurd’Alene J

Re: Kyle Lewis meniscus repair procedure

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:04 am

Likely done for this year. No sense in pushing him on a bum knee to run hard in the outfield. Should be all good for next year

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:39 am

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:04 am
Likely done for this year. No sense in pushing him on a bum knee to run hard in the outfield. Should be all good for next year
Yep. Better chance he runs off to join the circus as a trapeze artist than plays this year.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:22 pm

It depends on what they did. If they simple cleaned up the Meniscus, it could be under a month before he's back.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:28 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:22 pm
It depends on what they did. If they simple cleaned up the Meniscus, it could be under a month before he's back.
6 weeks for Voit from Yankees, could see him coming back as mainly DH so he still gets the hitting in.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:01 pm

desbcoach wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:28 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:22 pm
6 weeks for Voit from Yankees, could see him coming back as mainly DH so he still gets the hitting in.
Like I said, it depends on what they did. There have been football players that missed 2 weeks. If they did a repair instead of a cleanup, he probably doesn't play again this year.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:14 pm

“He’s going to stay [in L.A.] for a few days. He’ll start his rehab out there before he transitions back to Seattle and we get him up and going,” Servais said.
That doesn't sound too serious

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:01 pm

I had my meniscus done and played in the OF exactly 3 weeks later. Of course, that was Softball! LOL.

It actually took me longer from injury to surgery than from surgery to back on the field. But, my future wasn't worth quite what this kids is.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:13 pm

As much as I wanna be positive, the kid missed a month for a bone bruise… surprising you can’t tough that out after maybe a week of rest.

I’d be surprised if he comes back sooner rather than later.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:43 pm

Every single injury is different. I think its laughable to think that anyone that doesn't have knowledge of the injury itself thinks they know what can or should happen based on one sentence from the manager or GM about the injury with no details at all. A "repaired" meniscus (could have been more of a clean up of a tear where they aren't actually repairing anything) could be 2 weeks, could be 3 months. We really don't know. Likewise with a bone bruise. Depends on where the bruise was and how it is affected when weightbearing and running