Lookout Landing on the trade deadline

D-train

Lookout Landing on the trade deadline

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:47 pm

So keep Mitch because of VETERAN LEADERSHIP! (btw if he was a great leader couldn't he have taught all his lessons in FIVE months???)

Trade the two Jakes. So trade Jake #1 who is our ONLY Prospect OFer that has proved he belongs in the big leagues with 5.5 years of control. And trade Bauers for what actually? A shit sandwich?

https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2021/7/9 ... z-castillo
dt

Donn Beach

Re: Lookout Landing on the trade deadline

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:01 pm

So would you sell low on him?
.Okay, maybe Mitch Haniger if it’s a good return, but with Haniger’s offensive numbers dipping sharply in June, he might not fetch as much as he once would have. We are as a staff not interested in selling low on Mitch Haniger, and some of us aren’t interested in selling off veteran leadership on the team, period

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:08 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:01 pm
So would you sell low on him?
.Okay, maybe Mitch Haniger if it’s a good return, but with Haniger’s offensive numbers dipping sharply in June, he might not fetch as much as he once would have. We are as a staff not interested in selling low on Mitch Haniger, and some of us aren’t interested in selling off veteran leadership on the team, period
His value gets lower with each passing day given his control ends in less than 15 months. More likely that his value gets lower than higher especially since he has adopted a hacker mentality for some reason. He is currently ranked 26 of 52 OFers in WAR. I'm selling now before he goes below average.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:17 pm

Okay, so we have gone from him being the hottest thing on the market to bailing for whatever they can get. I don't think that be our 3rd baseman of the future
Last edited by Donn Beach on Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:20 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:17 pm
Okay, so we have gone from him being the hottest thing on the market to bailing for whatever they can get. I don't think that be our 3rd baseman of the future
I don't either. As I mentioned we would need to sweeten the pot at this point.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:30 pm

It still comes down to what value he brings to the deal. If the Mariners are looking to contend next season he could have as much value to them going into the future as giving him away at the deadline

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:35 pm

I hate articles like this. Written by a political science major who barely played D3 baseball at Lewis and Clark College and some chick, God knows her credentials other than I guess writing about sports for a long enough time that eventually people just hand you the reins. I swear it takes nothing to write for these SB Nation team dedicated web pages.

Why use 1,000 characters to say so little about what the M's will do at the trade deadline? It takes so little imagination to say: "don't trade Haniger," "maybe trade Fraley," "trade Bauers." *barf* ... or "maybe trade for some young,controlled starting pitching" where you may need to unload Kirby or Hancock (who are never going to be available in any trade unless it's for a bonafide superstar). It's just so lazy to me.

How about you name a player you think the M's should go after and propose a trade to get it done. Nobody will hold you to the actual trade, but holy fuck it would be much more entertaining to read.

And the forever theme of Mariners fans across the globe: "WE MUST, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE EVER, PAY MONEY TO REALLY GOOD BASEBALL PLAYERS!"

Oh and to this forum... I HATE this trade Haniger for our 3B of the future who isn't currently a Major Leaguer nonsense... God damn if the lot of you aren't in the pockets of the M's front office... MAN THEY MUST JUST LOVEEEEE MARINER FANS.

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:44 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:17 pm
Don't be a drama queen. He's gone from being a great target to being a good target that will still bring a significant return if he is traded.

It might be more like a "Mitch Haniger" level talent in return than an Acuna Jr., but that's exactly the point of doing it.

Haniger ended up being worth 7 WAR over his first two seasons here, made it sting a lot less to give up Taijuan Walkers production.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:45 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:35 pm
I hate articles like this. Written by a political science major who barely played D3 baseball at Lewis and Clark College and some chick, God knows her credentials other than I guess writing about sports for a long enough time that eventually people just hand you the reins.

Why use 1,000 characters to say so little about what the M's will do at the trade deadline? It takes so little imagination to say: "don't trade Haniger," "maybe trade Fraley," "trade Bauers." *barf* ... or "maybe trade for some young,controlled starting pitching" where you may need to unload Kirby or Hancock (who are never going to be available in any trade unless it's for a bonafide superstar). It's just so lazy to me.

How about you name a player you think the M's should go after and propose a trade to get it done. Nobody will hold you to the actual trade, but holy fuck it would be much more entertaining to read.

And the forever theme of Mariners fans across the globe: "WE MUST, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE EVER, PAY MONEY TO REALLY GOOD BASEBALL PLAYERS!"

I swear it takes nothing to write for these SB Nation team dedicated web pages.

Oh and to this forum... I HATE this trade Haniger for our 3B of the future who isn't currently a Major Leaguer nonsense... God damn if the lot of you aren't in the pockets of the M's front office... MAN THEY MUST JUST LOVEEEEE MARINER FANS.
They irony is they they think they are brilliant. LL especially with their avante garde, superfluous, esoteric writing styles. I'm sure they have to get TJ surgery for patting each other on the pack for writing lines like. "He is good at baseball" or harken back to about that time they felt insecure in college and some how relate it back to JP Crawford's bat size.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:54 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:35 pm
I hate articles like this. Written by a political science major who barely played D3 baseball at Lewis and Clark College and some chick, God knows her credentials other than I guess writing about sports for a long enough time that eventually people just hand you the reins. I swear it takes nothing to write for these SB Nation team dedicated web pages.

We got Haniger in exactly the type of trade most of us want to use to turn his 1+ year of control into 5+ years of control.

They SHOULD be replacing Haniger with an extra, top quality free agent. Nobody is giving them a pass.

Trade Haniger, sign Bryant and you're already better. They just need to continue filling the other 2-3 obvious holes and not call replacing Hanigers bat "good enough".