M's vs Asshoes... no butt sniffing, this was full penetration

AT Funchal-Madeira

M's vs Asshoes... no butt sniffing, this was full penetration

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:43 pm

Wow! Lucky me!I was hoping not to do a gamethread this month because we would have continued the surge, but here we go.... more than a week left and it's come around to me and it's still the Astros! It's still the fucking Astros. And we still have 19 games left with the Astros, A's, and Red Sox.....Servais had that clubhouse meeting where he tearfully told the boys "he loved them" and he was so proud of their accomplishments.... they prompt fell on their collective asses and here we are trying to get out of town with our assholes bleeding.... The game was a beauty.... Seager thrown out at home plate? Again this year? Gilbert's stuff looked pretty hittable.... supposedly he releases the ball so close to homeplate, the ball gets on the hitters too soon, but the Astros werent fooled in the slightest, they went after his offerings like rabid hyenas around a dead pig.....

Figured I might skip this thread and wind up with a .500 record for the first time in a decade.... but that would be hedging the system. So here goes.... my turn .... I hope the guy with the rubber gloves is gentle...

SEA Lineup

J Crawford (L) SS
M Haniger (R) RF
T France (R) 1B
K Seager (L) 3B
A Toro (S) 2B
L Torrens (R) DH
T Murphy (R) C
J Kelenic (L) CF
D Moore (R) LF

Asshoes
J Altuve (R) 2B
M Brantley (L) RF
C Correa (R) SS
Y Alvarez (L) LF
Y Gurriel (R) 1B
A Díaz (R) 3B
J Meyers (R) CF
T Jones (R) DH
M Maldonado (R) C

desbcoach

Re: M's vs Asshoes... no butt sniffing, this was full penetration

Post by desbcoach » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:44 pm

Bauers must be the starting pitcher then🤣🤣😂😂🤪🤪

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:53 pm

With Gilberts recent meltdowns, every prospect that has debuted this season has been somewhere between bad and disaster.
dt

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:53 pm

desbcoach wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:44 pm
Bauers must be the starting pitcher then🤣🤣😂😂🤪🤪
Bauers only does it if you agree to it ahead of time. Dipoto's trade deadline deals gave the Astros permission to beat us like they have.

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:23 pm

Mid-season is not the time for dumpster trade deals... if you're in the hunt. You keep quality, you go for quality.... Yanks added two players.... Rizzo and Gallo, Astros added Graveman.... M's added mostly guys I'd never heard of...

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:49 pm

Actually, this series shows the difference between "contenders" and "pretenders". We were hopeful that next season the M's would be "competitors" but after watching the Asstros rip us a new one this weekend. 27 - 4. That's not even competitive. It is a team that is pretending to be competitive. That is why I'm giving Dipshito one more year to fulfill his promise of being "competitive. If they don't make the playoffs next year, I'd can his ass and run him out of town on the fastest Amtrak train heading in any direction!

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:00 pm

Yeah this is the year "let the kids play".
Problem is the kids haven't been that great.
The two vets have their moments of greatness but are inconsistant which doesn't help.
Our pitchers are just so-so/mediocre not "great".
Perfect storm.

Good teams like Houston expose our weaknesses.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

mostonmike

Post by mostonmike » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:12 pm

Evening all. Just ordered pizza let's hope we are still in this one before it arrives.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:13 pm

mostonmike wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:12 pm
Evening all. Just ordered pizza let's hope we are still in this one before it arrives.
:lol:
dt

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:14 pm

AT Funchal-Madeira wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:23 pm
Mid-season is not the time for dumpster trade deals... if you're in the hunt. You keep quality, you go for quality.... Yanks added two players.... Rizzo and Gallo, Astros added Graveman.... M's added mostly guys I'd never heard of...
..........a-a-a-n-n-d-d right on queue, JD brings us:
~
DumpsterDiveMattAndriese.JPG
DumpsterDiveMattAndriese.JPG (71.3 KiB) Viewed 840 times
~
Mariners Sign Matt Andriese To Major League Deal
By Anthony Franco | August 22, 2021 at 10:15am CDT

The Mariners announced they’ve signed right-hander Matt Andriese to a major league contract. Robert Dugger has been designated for assignment "YAY!!!" in a corresponding move.

Andriese signed a one-year deal with the Red Sox over the offseason. He’d spent the entire season as a multi-inning relief option in Boston, tossing 37 1/3 frames over 26 appearances. Andriese started the season well, pitching to a 1.42 ERA with an impressive 11:3 strikeout-to-walk ratio in 12 2/3 April innings. Things went south pretty shortly after the calendar flipped to May, though, and Andrise allowed at least one run in seven of his eight appearances leading up to an injured list placement on July 10.

After missing more than six weeks with right hamstring tendinitis, Andriese is seemingly near or ready for a return. He made three rehab appearances with the Sox’s top affiliate in Worcester between August 8 and 14 but was designated for assignment on Tuesday. Boston released him thereafter, but he’s found a new home in relatively short order.

Overall, Andriese pitched to a 6.03 ERA with the Red Sox. His 21.5% strikeout rate is a few points below the league average (24.3%) for relievers, as is his 8.8% swinging strike rate (11.7% league average). Andriese is a better strike-thrower than most bullpen arms, though, and he’s walked just 6.2% of opponents this season. His numbers in Boston were marred by opponents’ .407 batting average on balls in play, and the Mariners will see if more batted balls finding defenders’ gloves can allow Andriese to yet settle in as a decent long relief option for manager Scott Servais.

Dugger will find himself on waivers in the coming days. The right-hander began his career as a Mariners draftee but was shipped to the Marlins in the 2017 Dee Strange-Gordon deal. He reached the big leagues with Miami in 2019 and spent the following season there before Seattle claimed him off waivers this past offseason. The Mariners passed him through outright waivers not long after but re-selected him to the roster in April.

Over the past three years, Dugger has worked 70 2/3 innings of 7.39 ERA ball at the big league level. He’s only punched out 14.4% of opposing hitters in the majors and has been tagged for a 7.30 ERA this year with Triple-A Tacoma. Needless to say, he’s had a rough go of things in 2021, but Dugger posted fantastic numbers up through Double-A and appeared at the back half of Miami’s top 30 prospects lists at Baseball America between 2018-20. Because he’s already been outrighted in his career, Dugger would have the right to elect free agency if he again clears waivers.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!