M's vs A's.....the Absurdity continues... no predictions.. M's bad but don't know it...

AT Funchal-Madeira

M's vs A's.....the Absurdity continues... no predictions.. M's bad but don't know it...

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:52 am

Outscored 30-10 by confident Asshoes over the weekend, the M's leave shocked Asshoes triumphantly while bleeding Asshoes wonder WTF just happen? Don't ask me? Ty France refuse to lose, Paul Sewald handcuffs Asshoes with high fastball and mystical slider, Yohan Ramirez becomes ML relief pitcher in one inning after three years and Kyle Seager imitate Jaun Sodo with 440 ft blast. So, it's on to the A's who were victimized by the Giants, another team supposed to be mediocre this year but plays like the M's hope to play with best record in baseball. The A's aren't bad though and if the M's are to win a wild card game this year, they must continue the absurd play against the A's , Asshoes, and Red Sox who have 18 games left with M's. But never fear..... Ty France is here, and Paul Sewald is near... These two boys have balls of steel, they want to win.... they are the M's MVP's this season, two cliff hangers who don't get going till the M's are hanging from a ledge:

Maybe this is today's lineup: Maybe we'll fix it later: It's 8:40 Am in Funchal which means it's 4:40 am in Boston and just after midnight in Seattle. What a beautiful day! And my Gawd, some of these women here are so fucking beautiful..... Is Marmalejose coming up? When do the rosters expand? I forgot how glorious it feels to play meaningful baseball in late Aigust? My, oh my!!

Marco Gonzales L
5-5 4.10 ERA
Expected Lineup
SS J. Crawford L
RF M. Haniger R
3B Kyle Seager L
1B Ty France R
2B Abraham Toro S
LF Jake Fraley L
DH Luis Torrens R
CF J. Kelenic L
C Cal Raleigh S

And for the hateful A's

Paul Blackburn R
0-1 5.06 ERA

Expected Lineup
LF Mark Canha R
CF S. Marte R
1B Matt Olson L
DH Jed Lowrie S
C Yan Gomes R
2B J. Harrison R
3B Matt Chapman R
RF Chad Pinder R
SS Elvis Andrus R

desbcoach

Re: M's vs A's.....the Absurdity continues... no predictions.. M's bad but don't know it...

Post by desbcoach » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:49 pm

AT Funchal-Madeira wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:52 am
Outscored 30-10 by confident Asshoes over the weekend, the M's leave shocked Asshoes triumphantly while bleeding Asshoes wonder WTF just happen? Don't ask me? Ty France refuse to lose, Paul Sewald handcuffs Asshoes with high fastball and mystical slider, Yohan Ramirez becomes ML relief pitcher in one inning after three years and Kyle Seager imitate Jaun Sodo with 440 ft blast. So, it's on to the A's who were victimized by the Giants, another team supposed to be mediocre this year but plays like the M's hope to play with best record in baseball. The A's aren't bad though and if the M's are to win a wild card game this year, they must continue the absurd play against the A's , Asshoes, and Red Sox who have 18 games left with M's. But never fear..... Ty France is here, and Paul Sewald is near... These two boys have balls of steel, they want to win.... they are the M's MVP's this season, two cliff hangers who don't get going till the M's are hanging from a ledge:

Maybe this is today's lineup: Maybe we'll fix it later: It's 8:40 Am in Funchal which means it's 4:40 am in Boston and just after midnight in Seattle. What a beautiful day! And my Gawd, some of these women here are so fucking beautiful..... Is Marmalejose coming up? When do the rosters expand? I forgot how glorious it feels to play meaningful baseball in late Aigust? My, oh my!!

Marco Gonzales L
5-5 4.10 ERA
Expected Lineup
SS J. Crawford L
RF M. Haniger R
3B Kyle Seager L
1B Ty France R
2B Abraham Toro S
LF Jake Fraley L
DH Luis Torrens R
CF J. Kelenic L
C Cal Raleigh S

And for the hateful A's

Paul Blackburn R
0-1 5.06 ERA

Expected Lineup
LF Mark Canha R
CF S. Marte R
1B Matt Olson L
DH Jed Lowrie S
C Yan Gomes R
2B J. Harrison R
3B Matt Chapman R
RF Chad Pinder R
SS Elvis Andrus R
Marmo isn’t on 40 man and Dipshito doesn’t want lose any of his potential finds so even when rosters expand which I believe is only 3 players this year I doubt we see him. Bauers extended his life with a double yesterday

Coeurd’Alene J

Re: M's vs A's.....the Absurdity continues... no predictions.. M's bad but don't know it...

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:27 pm

FYI Terry united airlines round trip to Lisbon is $462 from Spokane

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:27 pm

SEA to LIS right today!

Round Trip:

From Seattle SEA to LIS $452

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:40 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:27 pm
That is awesome..... I wonder if it matters whether you start in Lisbon or Spokane...I'm sure it does...

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:48 pm

The last time Paul Blackburn had a good start was on June 29, 2018. Is it wrong that I'm gearing up to be pissed off when he shuts us down/

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:56 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:48 pm
The last time Paul Blackburn had a good start was on June 29, 2018. Is it wrong that I'm gearing up to be pissed off when he shuts us down/
Getting shut down by a guy that we traded for Danny Valencia would be very traumatic indeed.
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:46 pm

With yesterday's crazy success, I went baCK TO THINKING FREE AGENTS FOR NEXT YEAR. If we get some power, it seems important to me to add left hand swingers.... cause we also need more balance.. And one pitcher in the rotation could make a huge difference... Carlos Correa, Javier Baez, Corey Seager, Trevor Story and Marcus Semien are expected to be available. Kris Bryant and Starling Marte are two other highly rated players expected to hit the open market this off-season.

Even on the pitching front, Kevin Gausman, Max Scherzer, Marcus Stroman, Noah Syndergaard and Jon Gray are among the names the Mariners could look at this off-season. But who would help us the most? First the position players

1. 2B/SS Corey Seager..27 with seven MLB Seasons...left hand slugger teams with his brother Kyle .294/.363/.857 Ave currently 13.5 million
2. 2B Carlos Correa... 26 with seven MLB seasons... right hand bat but getting him hurts the Ass-Troes .276/.356/.835 Ave
currently 11 million..
3. 2B Marcus Semien.. 31 almost with 9 MLB seas.... right hand bat, less money, leadoff hitter .256/.324/.763 Ave Currently 18 million, less years for contract? clearly not in class of Seager or Correa and not a left hand power bat
did not consider Javier Baez because he was just traded to Mets, he's older, his OBP is only .302, he hits right handed
nervous to consider Trevor Storey because his stats are from Colorado which don't translate to Mariner's stadium
4. 2B Trevor Storey 29 almost with six MLB seasons...right had bat .273/.340/.864....got some speed, clearly not a left hand power bat.. currently 18.5 million
5. Jose Ramirez 2B/3B/SS Almost 29 with nine MLB seasons.... switch hitter .278/.352/.853 difficult to strike out, pitch count wrecker#2or #3 hitter ....currently 9 million free agent in 2024 have to make trade deal, rather have him than Lindor.

Obviously if you get Corey Seager you are done, you have an infield of the Seagers at SS and 3B, Toro/Crawford 2B and Ty France at first.

If you get Jose Ramirez, you probably get rid of Kyle Seager and I suppose you keep Crawford so you have an infield of Ramirez, Crawford, Toro, and France. Pretty young and Ramirez anchors the lineup at the 3 hole.... or 2 hole, Crawford drops to bottom of order likely with something like Toro/France/Ramirez/Lewis/J Rod/ Kelenic/ DH/Raleigh/ Crawford... etc I love this group

I'm ready to get me a pitcher...

Bottom line is I'd much rather add Jose Ramirez to our lineup at third than anyone
2nd choice is to bring Corey Seager up to join his brother
3rd choice is Correa who edges out Semien because he's a lot better and getting him hurts the Astros
4th choice is Semien
And I guess I pass on Storey...
Last edited by AT Funchal-Madeira on Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:47 pm

Crazy game at Fenway. Red Sox up on the Rangers 3-1 in the ninth and they tie it up. Rangers take the lead in the 10th 4-3 and Red Sox were down to their final strike in the bottom of the tenth and Devers blasts one into the triangle of the CFs glove to time it up. 11th inning now.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:48 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:27 pm
You should fly here next year for a couple days and then all fly to Portugal for ~week.
dt