GG for France??

D-train

GG for France??

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:18 pm

This reply is classic. Mariner fans are so cute.
dt

ddraig

Re: GG for France??

Post by ddraig » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:42 am

As he is seen running down the street! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Aaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:06 am

So, if he can learn to be a GG caliber 1B in his first season as a 1B under Perry Hills tutilage, then why are people so convinced he can't improve at 3B? I think he has the arm strength. The transfer is just something that he'll need to practice. He's no slower than Kyle Seager. Yeah, he may not be gold glove caliber, but he could very easily be average to slightly above average, and we won't be stuck filling in guys like D-Mo, Long, etc at 2B-3B. It should be a lot easier to find a 1B that can hit, and France will be an above average bat at 3B instead of an average bat at 1B.

Granted, that all hinges on finding a 1B that can hit, but it should definitely be an option they consider.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

seth8734

Post by seth8734 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:07 am

France has to be left there. White needs to be traded or figured out what to do with. France can hit and can field like white. Don't touch him

bpj

Post by bpj » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:38 am

I love the idea of France at 3B or 2B. Having a gold glove at 1B just means you're probably playing down defensively and could probably handle a position that requires a little more defense imo.

I'd hate to have them settle for playing France at 1B if he could handle third.

Would be a lot cheaper and less of an obligation to get a 1B that hits better than France than a 3B that does.

CJ Cron had very Nick Castellanos type numbers and just signed for 2yrs/$14.5M.
  • Cron had a .905 OPS with a 127 wRC+
  • Kris Bryant had an .835 OPS with a 124 wRC+
  • Marcus Semien had an .873 OPS with a 131 wRC+
  • Kyle Schwarber had a .928 OPS with a 145 wRC+
I know which contract I'd be making a priority, and it's not the expensive ones, although I wouldn't kick them out of the negotiating room either.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:40 am

Swapping France out for White isn't taking a defensive hit. Its taking a brutal "offensive" hit. White still has time to become a regular in the show. As to whether its on this team or not remains to be seen. And I like France at 2B or 3B too. But also like him at first just as much. Seattle has the flexibility to go any number of directions

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:53 am

seth8734 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:07 am
France has to be left there. White needs to be traded or figured out what to do with. France can hit and can field like white. Don't touch him
White has to head to AAA and learn to hit. Let him either build value to be helpful or waste away there

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:27 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:40 am
Swapping France out for White isn't taking a defensive hit. Its taking a brutal "offensive" hit. White still has time to become a regular in the show. As to whether its on this team or not remains to be seen. And I like France at 2B or 3B too. But also like him at first just as much. Seattle has the flexibility to go any number of directions
If they keep him at 1B, fine, but some people act like it would be criminal to consider moving him to 2B or 3B because he didn't look as good defensively in the 3-5 games he got there this season.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:09 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:27 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
If they keep him at 1B, fine, but some people act like it would be criminal to consider moving him to 2B or 3B because he didn't look as good defensively in the 3-5 games he got there this season.
Exactly. The Mariners are not hamstrung into having to look for one position. They can keep their options open. Potential trade targets I've liked for awhile are Matt Olson, Brandon Lowe, Jose Ramirez, B. Reynolds, Byron Buxton, and Josh Bell.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:44 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:09 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:27 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Exactly. The Mariners are not hamstrung into having to look for one position. They can keep their options open. Potential trade targets I've liked for awhile are Matt Olson, Brandon Lowe, Jose Ramirez, B. Reynolds, Byron Buxton, and Josh Bell.
Id be curious to hear what they think of Toro as a 3B and France as a 2B. I think long run that France at 3B and Toro at 2B is a better pair, but they could go the other way. I think Toro will be a little better next year. I have more confidence in him than I did in Moore or Long as a long term every day starter.