Re: Sodo's Twins trade

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:26 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:08 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:04 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:28 pm
I don't see the issue with Donaldson, he has been nothing but consistent, so far he has more than lived up to his contract. I don't have a problem at all with a two year commitment. In baseball terms, seems to me, betting on two more seasons of Donaldson is about as safe a bet as you're gonna find
Donaldson would be a nice stop gap until Noelvi Marte is ready.
Yep. 2 years. Perfect.
Then bring in Semien and Starling Marte. This offense would be rolling.

Anthony DeScalfani intrigues me.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:51 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:26 pm
D-train wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

Yep. 2 years. Perfect.

Wouldn't need Marte if we have Buxton unless they trade Mitch which they won't do this off season.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:52 pm

they still love him in Toronto, be interesting if he came here and turned the same trick, that could be pretty epic. Wonder what the Twins could be thinking, claim they are in it for next season. I am gonna guess Donaldson doesn't get traded, their redundancy seems more the outfield. Suggestions to trade Kepler, pretty exciting huh
Many of those good memories likely stem from that 2015 season, when Donaldson crushed a career-high 41 homers and 41 doubles and blew away Mike Trout for the MVP Award as part of a Blue Jays squad that snapped a 21-year playoff drought for the franchise.

He’s now more than a half-decade removed from that peak, but as these last two games have showed, the skillset of the former MVP clearly still remains in the 35-year-old Donaldson, who is at or above MLB’s 91st percentile in average exit velocity, hard-hit rate, barrel rate, expected slugging percentage and walk rate. In fact, several of those metrics are the highest they’ve ever been in the Statcast era for the slugger.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:59 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:26 pm
D-train wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

Yep. 2 years. Perfect.

Wow, roller coaster career. Great season this year though.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... an01.shtml
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:02 pm

Anthony James DeSclafani, nicknamed Disco and T-Bone
who does that remind me of

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:49 pm

Hasslecracked wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:49 am
GL_Storm wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:16 pm
I would probably do it, but try to get Minn to pay some of Donaldsen's salary. I think Hancock is damaged goods. Doubt he'll ever start in the majors. Then has potential but meh, and Trammel probably needs to go for 40-man space anyway.

Editing to add: It's all about Buxton to me. When he's healthy, he's a top 5 player and if you trade for him and he's healthy for half a season, you've won that trade.
Why do you think Hancock is damaged goods?
After reading up on Hancock I have to agree he is damaged goods... can he make a comeback from shoulder issues? Yes but that’s just one of his many issues he has dealt with. Hyperextended knee in college...Lat injury the year of the draft..... The real question should be why? Why did we pull the trigger on a kid with mechanical problems that can lead to issues in a delivery...and I don’t want to hear that Jerry thought he could fix him

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:52 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:49 pm
Hasslecracked wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:49 am
GL_Storm wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:16 pm
I would probably do it, but try to get Minn to pay some of Donaldsen's salary. I think Hancock is damaged goods. Doubt he'll ever start in the majors. Then has potential but meh, and Trammel probably needs to go for 40-man space anyway.

Editing to add: It's all about Buxton to me. When he's healthy, he's a top 5 player and if you trade for him and he's healthy for half a season, you've won that trade.
Why do you think Hancock is damaged goods?
After reading up on Hancock I have to agree he is damaged goods... can he make a comeback from shoulder issues? Yes but that’s just one of his many issues he has dealt with. Hyperextended knee in college...Lat injury the year of the draft..... The real question should be why? Why did we pull the trigger on a kid with mechanical problems that can lead to issues in a delivery...and I don’t want to hear that Jerry thought he could fix him
Jerry figured he would excel in the soon to be unveiled 9 man rotation.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:22 pm

He checks all the boxes for being a dominant pitcher...He has the drive just not evidently the stamina. He was a decent pitcher in grade school and varsity as a freshman. Lots of abuse on an arm. he has had many injuries including an ankle. The alarm here is the extent of the shoulder issues and they are not talking. We shall see

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:23 pm

where are you seeing that?
The real question should be why? Why did we pull the trigger on a kid with mechanical problems that can lead to issues in a delivery.

MECHANICS
Hancock’s mechanics are very sound, with a smooth delivery and moderate effort release. He gets good extension off the rubber and is able to maintain a consistent release point for all 4 of his pitches.
His sound mechanics help him throw strikes with his entire arsenal, and pitch effectively to both sides of the plate with the fastball. His plus control should lead to with plus command.
Delivery & Mechanics: Extremely low arm slot with good extension coming from a low 3/4 arm slot. It's a short-arm action akin to that of someone like Max Scherzer. Mechanics are sound and safe. Hancock is quad dominant with good stride. Front side can fly open at times, but otherwise consistent mechanically.
The Georgia Bulldog has prototypical size for a starter at 6’4 and room to build on his 213 lb frame. His delivery is very smooth and repeatable. His body is quiet in his windup as well as from the stretch and he has good stride directly to the plate.
Regarded by many as the pitcher with the best pure stuff in the 2020 class, Hancock has lived up to the bill in limited action. Shoulder discomfort has kept him from a full season, but his physical body and strong mechanics give him a good chance to sustain the duration of a baseball season. Like many young pitchers, Hancock’s command has waned at times, but it is not a major concern. In fact, I expect him to have above average command as he progresses. Hancock is a power arm with a good feel for his pitches, that generally is a fantastic combination for an impact starter.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CjBepd7gnQ

Doesn't look like he has very smooth mechanics to me me. He has a very violent recoil on his follow through that makes it look like he is over throwing.