Re: Mitch Haniger's Open letter to M's fans

Post by AZOldDawg » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:41 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:51 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:25 pm
AT Funchal-Madeira wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:02 pm
Well, that's a solid letter from Haniger, challenges the front office, and shows he's had a taste of playoff intensity and what it can do for a city. I have a lot of hope for the future..... the M's improved and they are young.... there are a lot of good teams out there and the M's are moving into the top ten... Makes the winter intriguing.... Lots of interest, lots of armchair general managers, can't wait for the bickering and gnashing of teeth to begin. I figure the Yanks will try to corner the market on the elite..... Scherzer, Ray, and Rodon will be considered.... one of the three will go to the Yanks... Freeman or Schwarber? Semien, Cory Seager or Carlos Correa... one of the three will be a Yankee...

Can the M's steal a crumb or two from the Master's table?
I don't know how much the Yankees are going to be willing to spend. They have $135.3 Million already owed for existing contracts and they have 19 guys in arbitration that are projected to get a combined $79.9 Million. That means they will be right around $215 Million and already over the Luxury tax without adding anyone. I don't know if the current ownership wants to go as far over the luxury tax number as it would take to bring in the kind of players you are talking about.
Yeah I heard George Steinbrenner died.
I have a theory that Steinbrenner is running the Dodgers from Pergatory