Mitch Haniger's Open letter to M's fans

AT Funchal-Madeira

Re: Mitch Haniger's Open letter to M's fans

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:46 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:05 pm
Vogelbomb wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:56 pm
Does anyone else find it strange that a player asks for impact moves for "this group" when he must know that moves will impact his playing time perhaps, send him off perhaps, or send off some of the very group he just mentioned.
Hey must be very confident that he is the guy in RF/DH next season. And is fine with clearing the decks of riff raff like Moore and Bauers.
Bauers is gone, I'd say Murphy is gone, Moore, on the other hand, may be just outside the circle of "riff-raff". He may be around another year to prove he is or isn't "riff=raff".

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:05 am

Did he really drop an F-bomb in a letter to the fans lol? Or did DT add the parts in red?

I'm sure Jerry really appreciates being told what he needs to do and will re-double his efforts now. Or, maybe Mitch is pushing for a trade.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:09 am

Captain 97 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:25 pm
AT Funchal-Madeira wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:02 pm
Well, that's a solid letter from Haniger, challenges the front office, and shows he's had a taste of playoff intensity and what it can do for a city. I have a lot of hope for the future..... the M's improved and they are young.... there are a lot of good teams out there and the M's are moving into the top ten... Makes the winter intriguing.... Lots of interest, lots of armchair general managers, can't wait for the bickering and gnashing of teeth to begin. I figure the Yanks will try to corner the market on the elite..... Scherzer, Ray, and Rodon will be considered.... one of the three will go to the Yanks... Freeman or Schwarber? Semien, Cory Seager or Carlos Correa... one of the three will be a Yankee...

Can the M's steal a crumb or two from the Master's table?
I don't know how much the Yankees are going to be willing to spend. They have $135.3 Million already owed for existing contracts and they have 19 guys in arbitration that are projected to get a combined $79.9 Million. That means they will be right around $215 Million and already over the Luxury tax without adding anyone. I don't know if the current ownership wants to go as far over the luxury tax number as it would take to bring in the kind of players you are talking about.
Yep. Yankees need to shed some payroll or commit to being over the tax threshold. Personally, I think they should trade Judge, but I can't imagine they would do that.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:13 am

Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:46 pm
D-train wrote:
Vogelbomb wrote:
Does anyone else find it strange that a player asks for impact moves for "this group" when he must know that moves will impact his playing time perhaps, send him off perhaps, or send off some of the very group he just mentioned.
Hey must be very confident that he is the guy in RF/DH next season. And is fine with clearing the decks of riff raff like Moore and Bauers.
Bauers is gone, I'd say Murphy is gone, Moore, on the other hand, may be just outside the circle of "riff-raff". He may be around another year to prove he is or isn't "riff=raff".
I have to agree. There is still a lot of potential with Moore. Late inning defense, the ability to steal bases, plus can play multiple positions. Those are not bad qualities to have. If the M's can find someone who has those three qualities as well as a decent bat, then they may toss Moore to the curb. But I'd bet that he'll be on the opening day roster.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:36 am

I’m in awe of Mitch....Couldn’t ask for a better player on your team.....Now Jerry. It’s time NOW

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:50 am

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:36 am
I’m in awe of Mitch....Couldn’t ask for a better player on your team.....Now Jerry. It’s time NOW
Step one for Dipoto: Remove thumb from asshole
Step two: Wash hands, then start making phone calls

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:18 am

D-train wrote:
Vogelbomb wrote:
Moore put up 0.2 WAR and finished the season looking up at the Mendoza like like it was the summit of Mt. Rainer. Murphy put up 1.0 WAR in 29 less games. After his understandable cold start after missing an entire season Murphy put up the same OPS since Mid May as Mariner legend, JP Crawford.

I would love and upgrade at both positions but Murphy had a far better season.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:19 am

Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:50 am
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:36 am
Step one for Dipoto: Remove thumb from asshole
Step two: Wash hands, then start making phone calls
:lol: I'm fine if he skips part 1 of step two.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:53 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:18 am
D-train wrote:

Moore put up 0.2 WAR and finished the season looking up at the Mendoza like like it was the summit of Mt. Rainer. Murphy put up 1.0 WAR in 29 less games. After his understandable cold start after missing an entire season Murphy put up the same OPS since Mid May as Mariner legend, JP Crawford.

I think is Murphy's last year with the team coming in 2022, unless he can really get back to his '19 form.

The fact that he was better in the 2nd half of '21 is heartening, but he's got a prove it to me year coming up.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:58 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:53 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:18 am

I think is Murphy's last year with the team coming in 2022, unless he can really get back to his '19 form.

The fact that he was better in the 2nd half of '21 is heartening, but he's got a prove it to me year coming up.
Definitely and he HAS TO STOP DROPPING THROWS FROM THE OUTFIELD!!!!
dt