Post Season Games Thread

seattlefan-daBronx

Post Season Games Thread

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:36 am

In case any of you brothers want to talk about the games....

What a first game btwn BoSox and hated Houston.

If you're just tuning in now....did you see that blast by Correa?!?!?!?!

THAT is why I want that dude.
If and when we get there....someone like Correa can push you over the finish line.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

ddraig

Re: Post Season Games Thread

Post by ddraig » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:52 am

Getting Correa does two things. First, we'd get a very good ball player. Second, Houston loses a very good ballplayer. That's two plusses! And I could definitely go for an improvement to our club at the expense of the Asstros!

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:58 am

He is going to cost $100plus gazillion dollars / massive contract....

BUT...at 27 he probably plays the rest of his career in Seattle.
AND...forces a pretty decent short stop in JP to second base.
AND TOTALLY WORTH IT!

OMG! Mr. Miyagi just beaned someone in the head.
BoSox are imploding.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:19 am

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:58 am

AND TOTALLY WORTH IT!

BoSox are imploding.
JP would be a nice piece in the JRam trade. Imagine an INF of JRam, Correa, Semien, France.
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:29 am

ddraig wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:52 am
Getting Correa does two things. First, we'd get a very good ball player. Second, Houston loses a very good ballplayer. That's two plusses! And I could definitely go for an improvement to our club at the expense of the Asstros!
Those two reasons are major..... I'm souring on Semien a bit.... didn't pass the eye test in the playoffs,plus I can't see us acquiring 2 premium position players in free agency.... maybe one. Rodon and Ray lost luster in the playoffs, and thus far, Schwarber is pretty much a liability for the Red Sox in the series.... we'll see, but putting a slug and a strikeout artist in the top three of the lineup is always a mistake and Schwarber doesn't look up to it in the playoffs. We are improving against the Astros... 8-11 last season as opposed to 1-18 in 2019, but we have to start chipping away at their strengths...

Altuve is like a combo of Rickey Henderson and Hank Aaron in the playoffs... Brantley is so solid... Bregman is impossible, Correa is so dangerous with runners on base and Tucker is lethal. What a lineup! I would take any one of them.... most available place to start is with Correa. Cory Seager isn't coming to Seattle. It's only about the money so it saves us trade chips.. I don't want to empty the farm ..... we still have trade chips and need a left hand power... use the trade chips for J.Ram. (J.Rod, Marte, Kirby, Brash, Ford, Arroyo hopefully are untouchable) But there are a lot of players that Cleveland could use getting close... We might be able to pick up a B type catcher through trade or free agency also...

I'm convinced we have to have someone else from the farm come and become a stud in our rotation... candidates for next season are surely Kirby, Brash, and maybe Williamson. I just see Schwerzer, Rodon, and Ray being swallowed up by the big market contenders. Not available to us. Maybe a risk shot on someone like Verlander. Our bullpen should be solid.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:07 pm

AT Funchal-Madeira wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:29 am
ddraig wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:52 am
Those two reasons are major..... I'm souring on Semien a bit.... didn't pass the eye test in the playoffs,plus I can't see us acquiring 2 premium position players in free agency.... maybe one. Rodon and Ray lost luster in the playoffs, and thus far, Schwarber is pretty much a liability for the Red Sox in the series.... we'll see, but putting a slug and a strikeout artist in the top three of the lineup is always a mistake and Schwarber doesn't look up to it in the playoffs. We are improving against the Astros... 8-11 last season as opposed to 1-18 in 2019, but we have to start chipping away at their strengths...

Altuve is like a combo of Rickey Henderson and Hank Aaron in the playoffs... Brantley is so solid... Bregman is impossible, Correa is so dangerous with runners on base and Tucker is lethal. What a lineup! I would take any one of them.... most available place to start is with Correa. Cory Seager isn't coming to Seattle. It's only about the money so it saves us trade chips.. I don't want to empty the farm ..... we still have trade chips and need a left hand power... use the trade chips for J.Ram. (J.Rod, Marte, Kirby, Brash, Ford, Arroyo hopefully are untouchable) But there are a lot of players that Cleveland could use getting close... We might be able to pick up a B type catcher through trade or free agency also...

I'm convinced we have to have someone else from the farm come and become a stud in our rotation... candidates for next season are surely Kirby, Brash, and maybe Williamson. I just see Schwerzer, Rodon, and Ray being swallowed up by the big market contenders. Not available to us. Maybe a risk shot on someone like Verlander. Our bullpen should be solid.
Marcus Semien and Robbie Ray play for the Toronto Blue Jays who didn't make the playoffs. Since I am on record with us not signing a single premium FA, definitely agree about not signing two. I'm also worried about Rodon's health but I doubt JD signs a TOR.

Schwarber has been fantastic in the playoffs so far despite not being one of the track stars that you covet. :)
ks.JPG
ks.JPG (23.81 KiB) Viewed 657 times
Totally agree on JRam. He would be so perfect on every level and he will cost us one of the "untouchables"
dt

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:01 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:19 am
seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:58 am

AND TOTALLY WORTH IT!

BoSox are imploding.
JP would be a nice piece in the JRam trade. Imagine an INF of JRam, Correa, Semien, France.
I like how you dream bro. We need you working in the Ms front office! :D

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:24 am

AND just like that momentum has shifted in the series towards the BoSOX! Let's GO!

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:31 am

Thinking I will go to my first WS game if they make it.
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:39 am

If we could get Correa for $20 Million a year for six years, would he be worth it?