Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:16 am
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:04 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:40 am
For those of you who aren't quite sure about signing Marcus Semien:

https://twitter.com/MLBPA/status/145385 ... Ne_Ig&s=19
We could do a lot worse...Hope we are in on him
Did you read the LL piece on Suzuki? I did and now am 1000% in.

That was very well done. The fact that we are shopping Torrens suggests that additional room is being made. I thought they wouldn’t let that bat go but I’d happily say goodbye to him and dilly if it meant Seiya was coming our way. The guy can flat out hit many scouts from here have said so, he was after all the mvp after they won the world baseball classic. And who says he can’t play the infield, it would be worth a look.but put him in the OF can you imagine the difference over Bauers. Good grief his arm is 70+ he might very well allow boy wonder to sizzle in AAA

D-train

Re: Free Agent Signing contest

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:38 am

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:36 am
D-train wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:16 am
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:04 am

We could do a lot worse...Hope we are in on him
Did you read the LL piece on Suzuki? I did and now am 1000% in.

That was very well done. The fact that we are shopping Torrens suggests that additional room is being made. I thought they wouldn’t let that bat go but I’d happily say goodbye to him and dilly if it meant Seiya was coming our way. The guy can flat out hit many scouts from here have said so, he was after all the mvp after they won the world baseball classic. And who says he can’t play the infield, it would be worth a look.but put him in the OF can you imagine the difference over Bauers. Good grief his arm is 70+ he might very well allow boy wonder to sizzle in AAA
My fav part about him was the 1 to 1 K/BB ratio. Love it.
dt

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:20 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:26 am

Would you re-sign Kyle Seager if it meant signing his brother Corey?
Umm can I think about this one? Nvm no need... YES!

here's the real question... is Kyle willing to accept a part-time role on a minimal year deal to play with his bro? to make the playoffs with the M's?

If I'm Dipoto, I"m going after Corey Seager first and foremost in this offseason and Idc what it takes to get him to sign. If it means offering Kyle a 4 year deal, I do it.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:23 am

Vogelbomb wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:20 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

here's the real question... is Kyle willing to accept a part-time role on a minimal year deal to play with his bro? to make the playoffs with the M's?

If I'm Dipoto, I"m going after Corey Seager first and foremost in this offseason and Idc what it takes to get him to sign. If it means offering Kyle a 4 year deal, I do it.
That is pretty tempting. I'm not sure that that ship hasn't sailed already. I would've done the same thing too, but possibly a lesser deal for Kyle.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:41 am

I haven't heard anything.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:22 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

Dipoto would have a better chance hiring Mike Scioscia to replace the fired clubhouse manager for $60k a year.
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:14 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

Sorta the way I feel about J.Ram and Olson.... but with Kyle you have a gessing overswinger who is a slug on the bases and Corey who has durability questions.....The positive is that it's two lefty bats.... but's that is not going to happen. I think Corey is going to the Rangers

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:22 pm

AT Funchal-Madeira wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:14 pm
Vogelbomb wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

Sorta the way I feel about J.Ram and Olson.... but with Kyle you have a gessing overswinger who is a slug on the bases and Corey who has durability questions.....The positive is that it's two lefty bats.... but's that is not going to happen. I think Corey is going to the Rangers
Rangers that would make for an interesting season. Hadn’t thought about the Rangers much

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:25 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

Seager to the Marlins. You heard it here first.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:31 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:25 pm
Vogelbomb wrote:

Seager to the Marlins. You heard it here first.
Which Seager