Conforto
Rodon
Ray

Trade:
Jacob Stallings

Traded
Then
Williamson
Sounds good and welcome to the forum.....as Darren asked. How did you find us?
We would like to see more participants in this Mariner fan club

rockycola

Re: Free Agent Signing contest

Post by rockycola » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:15 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:30 pm
Jay: Here is COTRs entry
FA:
Semien
Conforto
Rodon
Ray

Trade:
Jacob Stallings

Traded
Then
Williamson
I'm down with giving COTR (when reading his post, that's exactly the moniker I thought of, too) an entry.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

Case_Of_The_Runs

Post by Case_Of_The_Runs » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:46 pm

I found y’all with Google. As I said, friends, colleagues and family members aren’t interested in talking Mariners baseball, so I turned Google.

This is the first hit if you type “Mariners discussion board”. I lurked around (in a decidedly non-creepy fashion) and followed threads till I felt this might be a place where I could contribute. Took about a week to get registered - and ba da bing, ba da boom.

Thanks for any thoughts you have. The contest is cool and all, but I just like talking baseball.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:52 pm

Case_Of_The_Runs wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:46 pm
I found y’all with Google. As I said, friends, colleagues and family members aren’t interested in talking Mariners baseball, so I turned Google.

This is the first hit if you type “Mariners discussion board”. I lurked around (in a decidedly non-creepy fashion) and followed threads till I felt this might be a place where I could contribute. Took about a week to get registered - and ba da bing, ba da boom.

Thanks for any thoughts you have. The contest is cool and all, but I just like talking baseball.
Wow, that's amazing that we are first up. :shock:

Funny our Show dog Rotties AKC name is Ba da bing Ba da boom. His Dad's name is Boom and his name is Bing.
dt

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:57 pm

ice99 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:01 pm
rockycola wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:55 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:58 am

So looks like you are thinking one more year of rebuilding just for good measure??? lol
Just setting us up for another unexpected, over the top season of 99 wins this time!
My list for the contest was not my Wishlist. That list includes: Seiya Suzuki, Marcus Semien, Blake Snell. Dellin Betances and Nelson Cruz, among others.
I just don't see Dipoto able to swing that many deals. I think some of his swings will result in strikeouts. He wasn't known as a strikeout pitcher in his MLB playing career either, only 352 K's in 495.1 innings).
Some of our brethren forum brothers, more than one, had JD trading for and FA signing 8 new players. That would be a lot of excitement and I'd welcome it but 33% turnover is massive. Hey, if shooting for and landing on the moon gets the M's to the World Series, then giddy up and ride 'em buckaroos!!!
You zig when everyone else zags. You could win another win prediction contest, or come in last, lol.
Ya. I'm either the guy that scoops up a botched punt with one hand, zig, and boot it 68 yards or I zag and get sacked 20 yards behind the LOS and fumble.
I field the ball with my bare hand and throw the runner out to get my pitcher his no-hitter or I'm Bill Buckner.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:42 am

Case_Of_The_Runs wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:30 pm
Hi all – I have been following this board for a while, but just recently joined up. By way of abbreviated introduction, I’ll just say that I am a longtime fan of the M’s as I lived in Seattle for many years. I relocated to the Bay Area, and it’s impossible to talk M’s baseball with anyone here since they’re either A’s or Giants fans (including my family). This board has been a great outlet for me to see what other M’s fans are thinking.

I will take a crack at the FA contest, but since I didn’t join the board until yesterday, I missed the deadline. That’s fine - I am just interested in what y’all think. I will also hasten to add that I am not a sabermetrics guy. I have a basic working knowledge of those data, but I have seen how proficient and fluent most of the regular board members are, and I am just in a different league.

There you have it. Feel free to tear it all down – this is honestly my first serious attempt at putting my thoughts to paper, so I would be happy to see what folks who really think about this think! Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum! Your moniker is great. Seems you should put your name on the FA signing list. We need a fast lead-off hitter, that once on 1st, can get to 2nd on a steal, due to your Case Of The Runs! :D

Probably been 10 years ago, when this was the Seattle Times Mariner Forum, I lurked for a long, long time, too. Also, non-creepy. Right everybody???.........Dead silence. Hmmmmm.

Then jumped in, feet first and never looked back. The sad news is D-Train, Darren, had a home in Kirkland. He and his lovely wife, Lynda, had a Forum party there every summer at their house. Actually meeting many was at first a little intimidating, then it was perfect. Sadly, Boston called and we traded Darren to the Red Sox for sack of used Bazooka Bubble Gum (ABC gum).

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:40 am

For those of you who aren't quite sure about signing Marcus Semien:

https://twitter.com/MLBPA/status/145385 ... Ne_Ig&s=19

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:04 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:40 am

We could do a lot worse...Hope we are in on him

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:16 am

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:04 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:40 am

We could do a lot worse...Hope we are in on him
Did you read the LL piece on Suzuki? I did and now am 1000% in.
dt