Jerry says he has meetings set-up

Pharmabro

Jerry says he has meetings set-up

Post by Pharmabro » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:03 am

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1530620/ ... ee-agents/
So you're saying there is a chance?
Dipoto told Salk that the Mariners have made “real progress” in getting in front of their free agent targets with the pursuit moving beyond talking with agents. Those conversations have occurred with the focus being more on terms and interest level ahead of the face-to-face meetings rather than dollar amounts.

The success of such meetings will be determined in one way and one way only, and that is when pen meets paper. But face-to-face meetings indicate the Mariners are in the game with these players, especially if you take into consideration the accelerated pace due to baseball’s potential work stoppage now less than two weeks away.

bpj

Re: Jerry says he has meetings set-up

Post by bpj » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:39 am

I keep coming back to this quote and it's bugging me-
“Of course,” Dipoto said. “We already told JP yes. JP Crawford is our shortstop.”
What tf does he mean he already told JP yes??

As in JP asked if he could stay at shortstop? So now it's set in stone with 5 better shortstops on the market?? Seems like a great way to run things...

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:51 am

Further down
That’s part of this early market that I think is intriguing,” said Dipoto. “We do have three and potentially four visitations set up between now and Thanksgiving, so we are going to log some miles in the next week.”

And he said
we have made progress on a couple of trade talks

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:27 am

Pharmabro wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:03 am
https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1530620/ ... ee-agents/
So you're saying there is a chance?
Dipoto told Salk that the Mariners have made “real progress” in getting in front of their free agent targets with the pursuit moving beyond talking with agents. Those conversations have occurred with the focus being more on terms and interest level ahead of the face-to-face meetings rather than dollar amounts.

The success of such meetings will be determined in one way and one way only, and that is when pen meets paper. But face-to-face meetings indicate the Mariners are in the game with these players, especially if you take into consideration the accelerated pace due to baseball’s potential work stoppage now less than two weeks away.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:09 am

So I played around with the trade calculator
ANd did a Moustakous, and Castillo for Lewis and Hancock the M's overpaid by about a mil according to their calculations.

Another trade that would work would be a Olson or Chapmann and one of the pitchers

But you see 1 or 2 bigger trades plus Suzuki, Marcus, plus 1

If we got Castillo and Bassitt in trades?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:22 am

bpj wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:39 am
“Of course,” Dipoto said. “We already told JP yes. JP Crawford is our shortstop.”

As in JP asked if he could stay at shortstop? So now it's set in stone with 5 better shortstops on the market?? Seems like a great way to run things...
I understood pj said he wasn't interested in switching positions, that is they ran the idea past him

bpj

Post by bpj » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:59 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:22 am
bpj wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:39 am

I understood pj said he wasn't interested in switching positions, that is they ran the idea past him
And who tf cares what jp wants? He's not the one we have to talk into signing here.

I guess Dipoto wants versatility, but only in the new guys they pick up...

Such a clownshow they're running.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:07 am

I guess if you are part of the "core", you get a voice in where you play, like France getting first base and White looking for someplace else to play. Of course, France needs to find a different place to play himself. I was saying, this what I find amusing about the core

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:59 am

Here are a few of the players that we aren't allowed to acquire during the biggest off season in team history due to JD's proclamations of dumbfuckery.

Kyle Schwarber: Proclamation of Dumbfuckery. He is a pure DH
Jose Ramirez: Proclamation of Dumbfuckery. Not trading ANY top prospects
Wilson Contreras: Proclamation of Dumbfuckery. Our catchers are so awesome we don't need to upgrade them
Matt Olson: Actually two Proclamations of Dumfuckery come into play here: France isn't moving from 1B and not trading any top prospects
Max Scherzer: Proclamation of Dumbfuckery. No mention of an Ace or TOR type starter
Corey Seager: Again two Proclamations of Dumbfuckery: The SJW legend JP has been anointed SS for his amazing 700 OPS AND burning bridges with his brother who was the best position player of the past decade.
Bryan Reynolds: Proclamation of Dumbfuckery. Not trading any top Prospects.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:39 pm

story along the lines of what i am seeing, the over achieving current roster, what it would take to get it into the playoffs. Stuff I think that's dreamed of here, but I don't think is what Dipoto has in mind

https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2021/11/ ... to-success