Re: Frazier from SD for Kerr

Post by SeattleSportsRUs » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:49 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:46 pm
SeattleSportsRUs wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:44 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:39 pm

So you think one impact bat is enough to make this lineup competitive?
No. And I don't see them only signing one impact bat.

I see them signing/trading for an impact OF AND IF bat.
So you think Dipoto is lying and is actually going to get two when he said he is only after one?
He doesn't need to be lying by not divulging his exact intentions for the team.

News flash, he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:53 pm

The only way i see them possibly getting two impact bats is if they manage to land Suzuki and you consider him an impact bat. Other than that I think they are going to sign one "big name free agent" and maybe get another average filler bat like Frazier. With our Luck that "impact bat" will be Story who actually is anything but an impact bat. The truth is, Carlos Correa, Cory Seager, Marcus Semien, Jose Ramirez, Matt Olson, etc. were never coming here and I think deep down everyone knows that, because we all know Dipoto.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:58 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:53 pm
The only way i see them possibly getting two impact bats is if they manage to land Suzuki and you consider him an impact bat. Other than that I think they are going to sign one "big name free agent" and maybe get another average filler bat like Frazier. With our Luck that "impact bat" will be Story who actually is anything but an impact bat. The truth is, Carlos Correa, Cory Seager, Marcus Semien, Jose Ramirez, Matt Olson, etc. were never coming here and I think deep down everyone knows that, because we all know Dipoto.
Hit the nail right on the head! And why not, its not like we don't have the room to afford them?

Looking at the Frazier deal just by itself as a whole is a masterful stroke of genius once again. However if it prevents us from adding one of those "impact bats" as you so mention, well then frankly that just pisses me off. I'll be happy if we sign Story, but not nearly as much as if we had the others. I know the agents are asking for the moon, and thats probably why we went and got Frazier.
Last edited by Sexymarinersfan on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SeattleSportsRUs

Post by SeattleSportsRUs » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:00 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:58 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Hit the nail right on the head! And why not, its not like we don't have the room to afford them?

Looking at the Frazier deal just by itself as a whole is a masterful stroke of genius once again. However if it prevents us from adding one of those "impact bats" as you so mention, well then frankly that just passes me off. I'll be happy if we sign Story, but not nearly as much as if we had the others. I know the agents are asking for the moon, and thats probably why we went and got Frazier.
It doesn't.

If the M's do what Captain 97 says, they'll roll in 2022 with barely more payroll than they had in 2021 which is ridiculous.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:02 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:51 pm
So now just need a 3B with 75% of the INF set. Oh I wonder if they are just going to go with Toro at 3rd. :?
God, I hope not. Toro is a good backup on the left side of the infield, but doesn't show me the bat needed at the corner. Kinda like putting Figgins on 3B. A little more power, but not what I'd be looking for if I was Dipoto.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:10 pm

SeattleSportsRUs wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:00 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Captain 97 wrote:

Looking at the Frazier deal just by itself as a whole is a masterful stroke of genius once again. However if it prevents us from adding one of those "impact bats" as you so mention, well then frankly that just passes me off. I'll be happy if we sign Story, but not nearly as much as if we had the others. I know the agents are asking for the moon, and thats probably why we went and got Frazier.
It doesn't.

If the M's do what Captain 97 says, they'll roll in 2022 with barely more payroll than they had in 2021 which is ridiculous.
It doesn't sound like that's Dipoto's intention friend. I agree, we have the room to go out and grab a couple more, but it doesn't sound like our mgmt is thinking the same way we are.

SeattleSportsRUs

Post by SeattleSportsRUs » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:11 pm

The M's have to add upwards of $32 million just to account for not paying Kikuchi or Seager. And that's just to break even with where they were at last year. Thus far they're at $7 of that $32 million.

Many more moves are coming.

bpj

Post by bpj » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:13 pm

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:15 pm

SeattleSportsRUs wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:00 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Captain 97 wrote:

It doesn't.

If they add Story for 25 Million add a Frazier type bat in the outfield for $10 Million and spend $15 Mil on a mid tier starting pitcher that will put them at around $105-$110 Million. I think that's about the most you can expect them to spend.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:17 pm

bpj wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:13 pm
Called it!!

So now we're in a bidding war with crazy ass Cohen! Greatest! :roll: