Frazier from SD for Kerr

Sexymarinersfan

Re: Frazier from SD for Kerr

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:35 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:32 pm
So why aren't the usual suspect national writers in on this???
There are so many sources right now its hard to say whats fact or fiction to be honest. I think the only thing we can say for certain is Seattle has a real shot at signing Gausman. But so do the Mets. Thats it. I said earlier this afternoon I think he'll sign tonight. Its heading that direction.
$23M AAV for Seattle, $25M for NYM if true.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:48 pm

I worry about the two-pitch repertoire of Gausman, with one of those being the split-finger. In general, I'm in favor of more pitchers learning the splitter, but in this case I worry about over-reliance and how that will age over 5-6 years.

SeattleSportsRUs

Post by SeattleSportsRUs » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:51 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:35 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:32 pm
So why aren't the usual suspect national writers in on this???
There are so many sources right now its hard to say whats fact or fiction to be honest. I think the only thing we can say for certain is Seattle has a real shot at signing Gausman. But so do the Mets. Thats it. I said earlier this afternoon I think he'll sign tonight. Its heading that direction.
$23M AAV for Seattle, $25M for NYM if true.
Ask yourself:

Are they verified?

If not, do they work for an organization that would make them a reputable source?

None of the writers who work for "MLB Marathon" have a background that would indicate insider knowledge. They're all just fans.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:51 pm

Wake me up when there is a legit source reporting it. Passan, Heyman, Morosi, Gammons, Nightengale.
dt

Case_Of_The_Runs

Post by Case_Of_The_Runs » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:51 pm

Not sure if this has been posted or not - but JD has a couple of offers out. Again, sorry if this was posted elsewhere:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mar ... oms/?amp=1

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:52 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:23 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:19 pm
bpj wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:12 pm
So Toro is the 3B...

None of these media numbskulls have any idea imo.
I wish they would sign a 1B and have France at 3B. Toro and Frazier can be utility guys, only problem is you need someone to take 2B
It's the obvious solution but you have Frazier at 2B France/JP/Frazier/Olson or Freeman. Toro traded. Moore is the UT.
I'd prefer Toro to France as the Utility. Maybe they can get Siemian still? Can he play 3B?
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:56 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:52 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:23 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:19 pm

I wish they would sign a 1B and have France at 3B. Toro and Frazier can be utility guys, only problem is you need someone to take 2B
It's the obvious solution but you have Frazier at 2B France/JP/Frazier/Olson or Freeman. Toro traded. Moore is the UT.
I'd prefer Toro to France as the Utility. Maybe they can get Siemian still? Can he play 3B?
I said France at 3B and Moore at UT. If they get Semien they can keep Toro as UT. Semien has played 50 games at 3B but none since Obama was in office. 2014
dt

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:38 am

I'd like to still go after Seager and Correa for SS. If you land one, screw JP, send him to STL or PHI or COL.

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:00 am

D-train wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:20 pm
SeattleSportsRUs wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:18 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:10 pm
Check how he "answers" my question:
Because some person tweeted out that the Giants thought Bryant's swing "won't age well," it is now some moronic talking point that so many Twitter folks who have never played baseball in their lives have clung to. Much less a guy who worked for the "Wenatchee World" newspaper and didn't play baseball in college.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOhk1D9 ... roductions

He has a compact swing. The guy is an idiot.
:lol: And they get all huffy when you ask them a simple question that they can't answer.
To be fair the dorks at LL also stated Bryant’s swing wasn’t built for long run, they used stats for Hard FB hit, their conclusion was Semien would age best. Don’t beat messenger just their thoughts

SeattleSportsRUs

Post by SeattleSportsRUs » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:45 am

desbcoach wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:00 am
D-train wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:20 pm
SeattleSportsRUs wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:18 pm

Because some person tweeted out that the Giants thought Bryant's swing "won't age well," it is now some moronic talking point that so many Twitter folks who have never played baseball in their lives have clung to. Much less a guy who worked for the "Wenatchee World" newspaper and didn't play baseball in college.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOhk1D9 ... roductions

He has a compact swing. The guy is an idiot.
:lol: And they get all huffy when you ask them a simple question that they can't answer.
To be fair the dorks at LL also stated Bryant’s swing wasn’t built for long run, they used stats for Hard FB hit, their conclusion was Semien would age best. Don’t beat messenger just their thoughts
I'm reading that it's common for teams to leak that kind of stuff to the media in an effort to disparage the player so they have a better chance of re-signing them. Andrew Baggaley is the Athletic reporter for the Giants and he's the one who shared that little tid bit.

"When you follow this a long time, you learn to translate source speak. Rule of thumb is when a local source is shitting on a player (especially one who is a great dude), the org where that info came from wants that player, just not at the current asking price."

I haven't read any actual baseball people indicating what has been said about Bryant is true.

Not that you're advocating for the theory.