My best play with the Drayer column considered

Pharmabro

My best play with the Drayer column considered

Post by Pharmabro » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:29 am

- Interested in Story first then Bryant - Yeah because they highly value versatility
I don't get this one bit. Story has a 112 OPS+ vs Bryant's 132! Story=Cooors baby freight. And I am sure you could move him around like Bryant can but we need the big bat vs ability to play SS.
- Unlikely to go over 6 years, which was issue w/ Semien - Still worried about money...in 2028
I am fine with it but we do need to hit on Olsen, Bryant, Ryenolds etc because of it
- Probably signing either a 3B or Suzuki - Why not both...oh that fiduciary monster rears is ugly head once again
Agreed, although you can play Suzuki about anywhere including SS, 3B, CF
- Very interested in Matt Chapman as an "impact" bat Impact Bat??? .716 OPS?? Dominate the Zone?? 202 Ks??? :roll:
Recency bias he is a career 120 OPS+ and has had 2 top 10 MVP seasons unless you think he just fell off at age 27
- Looking to trade for a "number 2 or 3" SP Good
I like this but if you got one of the Oakland guys, or cost controlled player X,Y ,Z that =$ for Suzuki+Bryant

- Not in the price range for Conforto or Castellanos Money again
I would not go into huge money for either of these guys either. Recency bias is catchy and Castellanos isn't that good
- Not a fit for Freeman or Schwarber Yeah we have WAY too many LH power bats :roll:
He painted himself into a corner and I don't know why
- Gausman probably the notable offer Dipoto mentioned Glad we got Ray instead
- Mariners "really, really like" Toro The player or his salary????
- Rangers are "spending stupid" Yeah because JD is way to smart to pay the going rate for good players

These are the big ones Trade for a #2> or #3 (depends on definitions right) I use basically the top 30 starters as #1s etc. And this is muddied by FWAR&Fip vs BWAR and ERA, and of course WAR in general vs performance for a pitcher who was injured or just called up . I am utilizing FanGraphs and FWAR
The highest ranked trade candidate
#19 Frankie Montas 4.1 WAR 3.64 xfip 3.37 fip
28 Luis Castillo 3.7 WAR 3.75 3.63 fip/xfip
30 German Marquez 3.86 3.64 fip/xfip 3.4WAR
One could argue that the top 2 really could be considered ones and some seasons Marquez as well and the reverse of Colorado bats
33 Chris Bassitt 3.34 3.93 3.3 ( he has a much better ERA vs the others but he suffers because the fip)
35 Sean Manaea 3.66 3.62 3.3
54 Sonny Gray 3.99 3.66 2.4
61 Blake Snell 3.82 3.74 2.1
63 Tyler Anderson FA :o

There are a handful of guys that could really help there. By the way both Flexen #40 and Gilbert #59 were in the top 60. Even though Ray was the CY he was #22 because ERA was better than FIP by a wide margin. (Marco #133, and Dunn #139 could be #5s based on last years injury shortened seasons)
BTW KIK had a 3.85 xfip

Based on the numbers a guy like Montas brings you with this: #1, #1, #2, #2, #5,#5 ( And we know Marco has been borderline #1,#2 status when fully healthy. That looks like a championship-contending team's SP rotation!

I am going to assume the JD is sane and Bryant > Story
We have added Adam Frazier R 2B-3B -OF and a good OBP and average hitter just no ISO. .344 OBP career last year was near .370 so a nice 1-2 OBP combo with JP who was .338 OBP last year. I expect improvement for JP.
I am going with some deep subterfuge from JD the impact bat is left handed Matt Olsen and it is either Bryant or Suzuki and I am fine with either one.
1 JP L SS .340 OBP
2. Frazier R 2B .345 OBP
3. France R 1B -DH 130 OPS+ .370 OBP
4. Olsen L 1B -DH 135 OPS+ .350 OBP
5. Bryant R 3B/SUzuki 132 OPS+ .376 OBP
6. Haniger OF R 125 OPS+
7. JK OF L ( ? )
8. Murphy C R 100
9. Lewis OF R 120 OPS+

Bench Toro utility 100 OPS+ S, Fraley 105 OPS+OF L, Torrens 105 R C, Moore 90 OPS+ R utility

If KLEW is unable to go you could see Trammwell or even JROD.
Another option would be to put France at 2B and DH someone with more thump like JROd, Lewis, even Toro. vs playing Frazier @2B. But as a 2B who is a good defender it is not bad with a .345 career OBP and last year it was .370 so with these players the floor is raised everywhere.

If Toro is killing it Bryant could take ABs in the outfield even played 20 or so in CF.
With Jrod on the horizon it is acceptable to have somewhat questionable performance expectations in Lewis and JK. You just don't lose that much when you can plug in 1 05 Fraley and switch Bryant to the OF and play either Frazier or Toro.