Settlement

AZOldDawg

Settlement

Post by AZOldDawg » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:26 pm

I'm guessing 2 months and hoping I'm wrong. Darren you should start a contest.

Boisehawk

Re: Settlement

Post by Boisehawk » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:32 am

I’m guessing 1 day more than two months. Isn’t that how they do it on the price is right?

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:05 am

2 months is the minimum. I think it will at least go into spring training.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:28 am

I'll throw my hat in the ring for79 days, starting today and ending the settlement on Feb. 17th.

Here's some of what will be missed in the meantime:

December, 2020 transactions:
12.20Transactions.JPG
12.20Transactions.JPG (114.34 KiB) Viewed 977 times
and:
January, 2021 (Partial) transactions:
Partial01.21Transactions.JPG
Partial01.21Transactions.JPG (153.65 KiB) Viewed 977 times
Plus:
February, 2021 Transactions:
Feb.2021MarinerTransactions.JPG
Feb.2021MarinerTransactions.JPG (97.04 KiB) Viewed 977 times
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:40 am

Some teams right now are jumping on the bandwagon and signing warm-bodied players to minor league deals, more so it seems than Jerry is doing.

Last year's most (potentially) significant JD activity from the last post's list were:

*Chris Flexen
*Keynan Middleton
*Rafael Montero
*Will Vest
*Robert Dugger
*Dillon Thomas
*Roenis Elias
*Ken Giles
*James Paxton
*JT Chargois

I'd put Flexen #1 as Dipoto's most significant get although he was mostly met with a yawn.
#2 JT Chargois imho
Giles could make a difference but that remains to be seen.
Pax.......................fagedaboutit

Anyway, let's sign more minor-league fodder until a new CBA is agreed upon.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:06 am

The problem I think, and what worries me, is that what the players are asking for with free agency seems completely reasonable and probably good for the game, and the owners still felt like they needed to take a hard line and force a lockout.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:45 am

GL_Storm wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:06 am
The problem I think, and what worries me, is that what the players are asking for with free agency seems completely reasonable and probably good for the game, and the owners still felt like they needed to take a hard line and force a lockout.
What do you mean? They are asking to get paid earlier in careers.

MLBPA is fucking high. Remember COVID? Oh no attendance and 1/2 the games or less. Sure we want full salaries, you take all the loss was their position early on.

What do unions want always? More, more, more.
https://dodgerblue.com/mlb-rumors-colle ... 021/12/09/

It is slanted and biased just like any other article but:
Tony Clark, MLBPA executive director, previously outlined players are focused on making the game more competitive and allowing for improved compensation earlier in careers.

More, We want more. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Allow your greed to interfere with my appreciation of the sport at your peril. I have not voluntarily watched the NBA since the Sonics debacle. Tony Clark you could be the next NBA commish-level hatred focus. ANd of course turn my baseball love off. <----- That is what labor strikes risk. And I am not the only one that feels this way.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:12 am

Pharmabro wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:45 am
GL_Storm wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:06 am
What do you mean? They are asking to get paid earlier in careers.

MLBPA is fucking high. Remember COVID? Oh no attendance and 1/2 the games or less. Sure we want full salaries, you take all the loss was their position early on.

What do unions want always? More, more, more.
https://dodgerblue.com/mlb-rumors-colle ... 021/12/09/

It is slanted and biased just like any other article but:
Tony Clark, MLBPA executive director, previously outlined players are focused on making the game more competitive and allowing for improved compensation earlier in careers.

More, We want more. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Allow your greed to interfere with my appreciation of the sport at your peril. I have not voluntarily watched the NBA since the Sonics debacle. Tony Clark you could be the next NBA commish-level hatred focus. ANd of course turn my baseball love off. <----- That is what labor strikes risk. And I am not the only one that feels this way.
I guess I have a different perspective. From what I've read, on Free Agency the players are asking to move to a system of 6 years service time or age 30.5 and then after I think 3 years it will move down to age 29.5. So a phased in approach. This will advantage the middle and lower tiers of players, but will keep the status quo the same for upper tier star players like Correa. The owners have countered by offering free agency for everyone at 29.5, which would obviously be a huge win for franchises keeping their franchise players. On arbitration, they want to go to 2 years service time, which the owners have rejected. But honestly that's just a number and numbers are negotiable.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:09 pm

rockycola wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:28 am
I'll throw my hat in the ring for79 days, starting today and ending the settlement on Feb. 17th.

Here's some of what will be missed in the meantime:

December, 2020 transactions:
12.20Transactions.JPG

and:
January, 2021 (Partial) transactions:

Partial01.21Transactions.JPG

Plus:
February, 2021 Transactions:

Feb.2021MarinerTransactions.JPG
Can't believe we signed Middleton 5 times. What a joke he was.
dt