Curtis gave JD an A for the rebuild. How about you guys.

JD's rebuild grade so far

A
35%
B
35%
C
24%
D
6%
F
No votes

Total votes: 17

bpj

Re: Curtis gave JD an A for the rebuild. How about you guys.

Post by bpj » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:56 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:24 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:16 pm
I was all for the Mariners sing an impact player last offseason. If there was a FA that was going to be with the team 5 years and be a TOR pitcher or top/ middle of the order bat for years to come, I would have loved it. Adding a 1-2 year guy that is slightly above replacement... I'm OK that they didn't.
I advocated for adding the vet leadership and professional hitter that is Michael Brantley. He put up 2.5 WAR vs our LFers who combined for -0.9 WAR.

Net of +3.4 WAR

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx? ... 2021-12-31
How perfectly would he still slot in?? Short term, low $ commitment.

But nooooo, who signs a player a year before you're planning to contend.... what a waste....

:shock:

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:57 am

harmony wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:48 am
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:08 am
I see Jerry’s rebuild as completely dependent on JP Crawford turning out to be what Jerry envisions him as the team leader. It would have been easy for Jerry to shop this off-season and fill that position with a stud...... Since he passed on that he gets all the glory and all the blame. Evan White looked like an upper ownership overreach to some extent, I mean Mathers was convinced he was the perfect first baseman......The pitchers coming up could easily bail him out if 2 or 3 make it. how is it on Kelenic when you brought him up and he craps the bed, floor and kitchen......Jerry left him up there to humble him....can’t be much other reason after the first dozen games....and as leadoff...give me a break
A New York blogger looks at J.P. Crawford as a Yankee trade target:

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2022/2/1 ... lpe-peraza
If ever there was a time to trade your shortstop (and sign a better one), it's now.

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:09 am

As a former educator: Incomplete