Mariners minors. Thread for interesting news and stats.

GL_Storm

Re: Mariners minors. Thread for interesting news and stats.

Post by GL_Storm » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:00 pm

I'm not down on Mitch to the same extent DT is but it does seem odd that he's rehabbing so long. In previous seasons, I don't recall rehab assignments being this extensive. On the other hand, the injury was pretty serious.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:07 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:00 pm
I'm not down on Mitch to the same extent DT is but it does seem odd that he's rehabbing so long. In previous seasons, I don't recall rehab assignments being this extensive. On the other hand, the injury was pretty serious.
Yeah I certainly wouldn't expect him to go straight from workouts to the big league roster or even after 1, 2 or even 3 games or if the team didn't desperately need him. But it was the trifecta of him pouring his heart out about caring so much in the article, the team being desperate and the fact he was hitting HRs to then decide to go play in Sacramento instead of NYC because of pretty clearly selfish reasons obviously sent me over the edge. lol

Good news is he should be back tomorrow and we didn't really miss him after all.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:29 pm

Since joining the Mariners, Mitch has spent as much time rehabbing injuries as playing baseball. Maybe he should become a professional injury rehabber, but i guess there would need to be a league first.

ice99

Post by ice99 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:18 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:07 pm
GL_Storm wrote:
Yeah I certainly wouldn't expect him to go straight from workouts to the big league roster or even after 1, 2 or even 3 games or if the team didn't desperately need him. But it was the trifecta of him pouring his heart out about caring so much in the article, the team being desperate and the fact he was hitting HRs to then decide to go play in Sacramento instead of NYC because of pretty clearly selfish reasons obviously sent me over the edge. lol

Good news is he should be back tomorrow and we didn't really miss him after all.
Mitch is probably back on Monday.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:12 pm

ice99 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:18 pm
D-train wrote:
GL_Storm wrote:

Not sure where I heard the 5th but that seems too soon giving he still isn't even making it through the entire game. He DHed yesterday and bowed out of 3 PAs. These guys. I don't ever remember guys not playing full games on rehab assignments before Kyle and Mitch.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:19 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:12 pm
ice99 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:18 pm
D-train wrote:

Not sure where I heard the 5th but that seems too soon giving he still isn't even making it through the entire game. He DHed yesterday and bowed out of 3 PAs. These guys. I don't ever remember guys not playing full games on rehab assignments before Kyle and Mitch.
Dipoto originally said between the 4th and the 11th. So I took it as anywhere between those dates. Then he retracted on the radio today and said that they would "reassess" Haniger on the 4th. So I'm just going to go with the original statement. Either way, Haniger looks close.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:55 am

Sam Carlson looking good his last few starts.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:11 am

Since the big trade.

Arroyo: 2-24 1 double

Marte: .241/.750

Stoudt: 1 start, 5 IPs, 0 ERs, 0.40 WHIP 6Ks and 0 walks.

Opposite of their seasons with us so far.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:16 am

Trammel 1-4 with a HR .273/.957

White 0-2 .103/.338 Bring him up for France cause great 1B defense! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Casali 1-3 with a 2B
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:36 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:16 am
Trammel 1-4 with a HR .273/.957

White 0-2 .103/.338 Bring him up for France cause great 1B defense! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Casali 1-3 with a 2B
Funny that after comparing him to Casey Kotchman for his first couple years and people scuffawing about that, now he'd be lucky to hit that as his ceiling.

Drafting for defense.. PFFFFFT.