Mariners minors. Thread for interesting news and stats.

bhofferb

Re: Mariners minors. Thread for interesting news and stats.

Post by bhofferb » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:38 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:33 pm
Lets see, there are 30 teams, so we have to round up slightly to claim the M's have an AVERAGE number of prospects in the top 100. But looking at the fact thatn the fact that there is only ONE in the top 98, and it clear no one should be doing the happy dance about the state of the Mariner's minor leagues. But we are somehow supposed to be OK with spending jack on free agents now, because in just a few years all of our current minor leaguers will have made the big club and the WS will be ours.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:02 am

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:52 pm

I guess pretty much anyone can put out a prospect ranking these days

M's Top 50: https://www.prospects1500.com/al-west/m ... ects-2023/

Nothing much new here except they have G2 at #1. The one thing I do like about this approach though is the way they've organized prospects into tiers. While they are still doing a numeric ranking as well, the tier approach I think gives a better picture and moves away from the nitpicking over specific numeric rankings, especially farther down the list where there may not really be that much difference between the 15th and 25th ranked prospects in a given system. At a certain point, it's just a pile.

ice99

Post by ice99 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:38 pm

Cole Young is about 5 months older than Gabriel Gonzalez, and he had a better hitting slash line. His tool grades are similar to Gonzalez, except for his power grade. If he can develop his power, he could make a jump.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:38 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:52 pm

Nothing much new here except they have G2 at #1. The one thing I do like about this approach though is the way they've organized prospects into tiers. While they are still doing a numeric ranking as well, the tier approach I think gives a better picture and moves away from the nitpicking over specific numeric rankings, especially farther down the list where there may not really be that much difference between the 15th and 25th ranked prospects in a given system. At a certain point, it's just a pile.
This one just forgot axel Sanchez
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:42 pm

ice99 wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:38 pm
Cole Young is about 5 months older than Gabriel Gonzalez, and he had a better hitting slash line. His tool grades are similar to Gonzalez, except for his power grade. If he can develop his power, he could make a jump.
Young and G2 should start out in Modesto. Maybe Arroyo as well, but they may want to keep him in Arizona to try to stick at SS. Young, Celestin and Arroyo... they might just move Arroyo to 2b or 3b
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:43 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
GL_Storm wrote:

Only 8 games in Everett but not a good start with a .500 OPS. Starting to think the gap between Low A and High A is almost as big as AAA to the Bigs..
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:57 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:43 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
GL_Storm wrote:

Only 8 games in Everett but not a good start with a .500 OPS. Starting to think the gap between Low A and High A is almost as big as AAA to the Bigs..
That shouldn't keep him out of the top 50 though. It's definitely a big gap. Thinking that covid and a 5 round draft impacted that a bit. Should close a bit over the next few years

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:43 pm

They fixed it, Sanchez in at 14

ice99

Post by ice99 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:46 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:42 pm
ice99 wrote:
Young and G2 should start out in Modesto. Maybe Arroyo as well, but they may want to keep him in Arizona to try to stick at SS. Young, Celestin and Arroyo... they might just move Arroyo to 2b or 3b
I mean a jump in the rankings, later on during the season.