Mariners minors. Thread for interesting news and stats.

D-train

Re: Mariners minors. Thread for interesting news and stats.

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:29 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:49 am
desbcoach wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:11 am
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:41 am
I must have got lost in the season because I can’t understand all the shade we are throwing on Mitch. Unlike Lewis who has spent years and never once gave us anything close to what Mitch has. I like Mitch I would love to see Mitch get a 3 yr contract this offseason. He rocks unlike powder boy who has proven nothing
If a team friendly then yeah but I wouldn’t because if his track record staying on field, sure they were weird injuries but he appears injury prone
When I think of injury prone, I think of Guti. When I see Mitch I see unforeseen injury. Taking one in the balls is not injury prone to me. Mitch has always given his best and a healthy Mitch in the second half will really help
Guti had a grievous chronic autoimmune disease called ankylosing spondylitis that he will have for the rest of his life. Mitch who will make almost $8M this season is a Bitch that cares more about a little more money than the team or the fans.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:58 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:21 pm
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:41 am
I must have got lost in the season because I can’t understand all the shade we are throwing on Mitch. Unlike Lewis who has spent years and never once gave us anything close to what Mitch has. I like Mitch I would love to see Mitch get a 3 yr contract this offseason. He rocks unlike powder boy who has proven nothing
Mitch wrote an op ed in the Players Tribune about how he desperately wanted to make the playoffs and then when the rubber hit the road and his team needed him after catastrophic injuries in Houston, he decided that maximizing his FA contract was more important than joining his team in an all hands on Deck situation in NYC. Even Powder boy came through for the team while Mitch was DHing in Fucking Sacramento. He will forever be Bitch Haniger to me. Thankfully I am sure Jerry will agree.
Article please

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:01 pm

I absolutely loved the guy after reading this. Now I feel like a fool.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts ... b-baseball
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:01 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:29 pm
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
desbcoach wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:11 am

If a team friendly then yeah but I wouldn’t because if his track record staying on field, sure they were weird injuries but he appears injury prone
When I think of injury prone, I think of Guti. When I see Mitch I see unforeseen injury. Taking one in the balls is not injury prone to me. Mitch has always given his best and a healthy Mitch in the second half will really help
Guti had a grievous chronic autoimmune disease called ankylosing spondylitis that he will have for the rest of his life. Mitch who will make almost $8M this season is a Bitch that cares more about a little more money than the team or the fans.
Without the article it’s hard to agree. Maybe Jerry brushed him off on an extension this spring when he had powder boy ready to change the trajectory of Mariner history

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:04 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:01 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:29 pm
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:

Without the article it’s hard to agree. Maybe Jerry brushed him off on an extension this spring when he had powder boy ready to change the trajectory of Mariner history
Sure, I don't know all of the non public info and maybe there are justifiable reasons behind his choices but there is no explanation why he could play in Sacramento but not the Bronx when his team needed him. He will not be on the team next season. That much is certain.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:17 pm

Here is Divish correcting me about it being Mitch's decision.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:45 pm

Nothing in that article suggested anything about Mitch being a bitch. Sorry I am still missing something here. You don’t think Mitch is still rehabbing

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:01 pm

I had understood playing the field in back to back games was the key, that. condition was set by the mariners wasn't it, so he has done it
. Haniger (ankle) is 1-for-7 with a home run, three walks and three RBI over his last two rehab games with Triple-A Tacoma.

The rehabbing outfielder notably played right field in both games, the first time he's done so in back-to-back minor-league contests. Haniger appears set to be activated from his extended injured list stint Friday as previously reported, barring any unforeseen setbacks in what should be his final couple of games with the Rainiers.

MarinerMike

Post by MarinerMike » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:22 pm

I feel like Divish wouldn’t have that information/put it in an article unless someone in the org wanted it known.

I had never heard before that players control their own rehab; I assumed they were all itching to come back asap and were just waiting on team doctors to clear them.

Divish pretty clearly says that was not the case with Lewis and Haniger.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:05 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:45 pm
Nothing in that article suggested anything about Mitch being a bitch. Sorry I am still missing something here. You don’t think Mitch is still rehabbing
He says this:
But like I said at the top….. I’m torn about what to write here. I don’t want anyone thinking for a single minute that we feel even a little bit satisfied by how our season ended. We’re crushed, man. We’re pissed off. It kills me that we’re not out there, right now, in the playoffs, competing for a championship.

We lost when it mattered most. We fell short of our goal — period.

And I need every Mariners fan to know that.

But I also need them to know something else: This group is going to the playoffs. That’s not an if….. it’s a when. And that when is soon.

We’re going to end this f*cking drought.
And then after his team suffered four injuries in one game and was so desperate they called a kid up that was hitting .260 in AA, instead of flying to NYC to help out, he instead flies to Sacramento to play there. He was literally playing baseball in Sacramento. If you can play baseball in Sacramento, you can play baseball at Yankee stadium. There is literally zero difference. If he had to pull himself out after 6 innings, so be it. 6 innings is better than nothing. If he truly is focused on making the playoffs at all costs he would have been with his team this week. Hard stop.
dt