Mariners minors. Thread for interesting news and stats.

Juliooooo

Mariners minors. Thread for interesting news and stats.

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:56 am

I really think there is some good talent in Modesto. Will be fun to see how they do. Marte, Alberto, and Labrada all with good games. Adam Macko with 11 KS in 5 ip?! Wow! Either pitchers are really afraid of Marte, or he may just have a pretty good eye 3 BB?! Pretty dang good game.

Don't know much about Charlie Welch, but Mariners seem to be able to find Catchers that perform in the minors the last few years.
Last edited by Juliooooo on Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Juliooooo

Re: Mariners minors. Thread for interesting news and stats.

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:59 am

This is pretty great from Arkansas as well. Good to see DeLoach with early success, and I still think Scheiner has a chance to play some with the big league team.

I like Rizzo as a player, but still don't see what Dipoto saw in him to make him a 2nd round pick...
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:02 am

Wow. Back to Back to Back. Thanks for starting this. Yeah Charlie Welch is one of my favorite guys that just drafted. Killed it his last season in the SEC and sure enough hit well last summer for us.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:06 am

Check this out. After losing game 1 12-0 the Rainiers won a game with only 3 total hits. 1-0

Looks like 30 yo Ponce de Leon may have found the fountain of youth in Tacoma. 8-)

https://www.milb.com/gameday/bees-vs-ra ... ame=664603
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:13 am

D-train wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:06 am
Check this out. After losing game 1 12-0 the Rainiers won a game with only 3 total hits. 1-0

Looks like 30 yo Ponce de Leon may have found the fountain of youth in Tacoma. 8-)

What a hodge podge of players in AAA. Has beens, never were, washout, AAAA heroes, and a few potential mlb relievers. Only actual prospect on the Rainiers was Trammell and he got hurt. It should be telling that Kirby and Stoudt are both in AA right now... And wtf is Iztiris Jr doing there after never playing in high A. Miguel Perez never played above rookie ball.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:28 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:13 am
D-train wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:06 am

What a hodge podge of players in AAA. Has beens, never were, washout, AAAA heroes, and a few potential mlb relievers. Only actual prospect on the Rainiers was Trammell and he got hurt. It should be telling that Kirby and Stoudt are both in AA right now... And wtf is Iztiris Jr doing there after never playing in high A. Miguel Perez never played above rookie ball.
Hodge Podge. Perfect. lol Yeah I noted that it is like they are making a pretty obvious effort to keep the prospects separated from the riff raff.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:34 am

So they had Welch skip Low and go to Everett. Man I wish I was still there so I could go to those games. What a start for Marte.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:23 pm

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:33 pm

dt

Case_Of_The_Runs

Post by Case_Of_The_Runs » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:38 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:23 pm
That's awesome. I love that kid.

Let's promote him to the majors so that his batting average can plummet to the point-ohs. Combined with JK and JRod, their summative batting averages would break .300

Ok. I'm cynical here. I am sad that we can't have a kid that breaks into the majors as a top 3 prospect and hits the ground running.

And I know that we are only 3 games in here, but I am done with the JK experiment. Does he have any trade value at all? Maybe a change of venue would be good for him. He certainly can't bat as a Mariner.