Mariners minors. Thread for interesting news and stats.

mostonmike

Re: Mariners minors. Thread for interesting news and stats.

Post by mostonmike » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:53 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:40 pm
mostonmike wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:25 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:11 pm
Wow you went from oblivious to expert fanatic in short order!!! :D
My interest piqued when I found out there is a potential game against Germany. If Britain meets them in anything including tiddlywinks, I'm donning my Union Flag shirt and cigars so I can pretend to be Winston Churchill. :lol:

Ryan Rowland Smith is on commentary so you won't have to put up with him tonight.
Yeah I heard him on the HR call. I thought France was your Oregon Ducks?
France would be a close second. Our nearest neighbours are clearly rivals but we were also allies during WWII so they get a little bit of leeway. Plus its a cheap ferry, hovercraft or train trip to France for cheap wine and cigarettes for those so inclined. Now Germany, I don't think there's ever been a time we've not been competing or fighting with them over the last 100 years. And they usually beat us in the sporting arena which is even more annoying.

There's even an inappropriate soccer chant for the Germans that has its own wiki page.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_World ... _World_Cup

Just noticed 499 posts for me, someway to go to catch you!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:48 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:35 pm
Just saw this: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/09/ ... ident.html
Wow, I have no memory of him. Sad.
dt

mostonmike

Post by mostonmike » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:18 am

World Baseball Classic update:

Noelvi Marte went 4 for 6 with 5 RBI as Spain crushed the Czech Republic 21-7, the game ending on the mercy rule after 7.

Spain now meet Great Britain on Tuesday where the winner qualifies for the main tournament in March.

Lord Harrison of Ford has now hit Home Runs in consecutive nights as GB saw off Germany 8-1 which seals automatic knighthoods and the freedom of the UK for all the players.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:22 am

Bryce Miller is dealing. 5 perfect innings with 10 Ks so far

https://www.milb.com/gameday/hooks-vs-t ... ame=672052
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:56 am

Dang he gave up a bit in the 6th. Now 13 Ks, no BBs and 1 H through 6. Only 79 pitches. May get another inning
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:59 am

14K for Bryce Miller?! And that's with fewer than 7Ip and 100p b.c this org will never let a minor league pitcher top those marks

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:06 pm

dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:40 pm

mostonmike wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:18 am
World Baseball Classic update:

Noelvi Marte went 4 for 6 with 5 RBI as Spain crushed the Czech Republic 21-7, the game ending on the mercy rule after 7.

Spain now meet Great Britain on Tuesday where the winner qualifies for the main tournament in March.

Lord Harrison of Ford has now hit Home Runs in consecutive nights as GB saw off Germany 8-1 which seals automatic knighthoods and the freedom of the UK for all the players.
Marte is going to be good. Even if he ends up in LF, his bat will play there.

mostonmike

Post by mostonmike » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:16 pm

Yes. Amazing. Great Britain, the team I didn't know we had have qualified for the main tournament of the World Baseball Classic. A victory over Spain 10-9 (10) sees them through.

There will be street parties and open-top bus parades through London.

Ford hit his 3rd home run of the event when he led off in the first. He finished the 3 games with .455 AVG and a 1.952 OPS.

Spain led 8-3 at one stage when Marte hit his first HR of the event. He's batting .462 with 1.302 OPS. Spain can still go through in a playoff tonight

The prize for qualifying, I hear you not asking? A trip to Taiwan to face Taipei, Netherlands, Cuba and Italy.

"We are already looking for flights and tickets," said no-one in the UK when they found out this information.