Harry Ford tracker

GL_Storm

Re: Harry Ford tracker

Post by GL_Storm » Sun May 15, 2022 8:09 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:04 am
I'm not talking about before, just the idea of going back down for remedial work. I have never seen it as very effective. Zunino, Ackley, Smoak all got sent down without much affect.

In terms of what they want him to work on, if you read what they say. I think it's pretty specific, doesn't seem a function of his struggles in general but more the last handful of games. He had lost focus on his approach

.Justin Hollander, the Mariners’ assistant general manager
Nobody thinks this is mechanical. Nobody thinks it’s a talent issue. … I was talking to somebody the other day; they call it the transition tax that you pay with the difference between the minor leagues and the big leagues that has never been greater. And he just needs reps against competition to remember how good he is again.”
.“I think his process was good for a stretch, and he wasn’t getting results,” Hollander said. “And I think that sort of manifested itself in chasing results a little bit and getting away from his process. He’ll go down, he’ll take a breath. He’ll come up with a plan that works for him. That he’s confident in. And my guess is, when he’s ready, he’ll be back and he’s going to be a really good player at that point.”
You send a guy down to give him a break, remind him he is a good hitter, some positive results, but it's not like they are going to have an epitheny or something
I guess I disagree with them then. I think he needs to stay down there and just get a lot of work in, day after day, game after game, and let it settle in.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun May 15, 2022 8:25 am

According to what i've heard, he is getting a steady diet of off-speed pitches and is looking for fastballs to rip. He'll see plenty of those in AAA though.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sun May 15, 2022 9:58 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 8:25 am
According to what i've heard, he is getting a steady diet of off-speed pitches and is looking for fastballs to rip. He'll see plenty of those in AAA though.
Well, he isn't all world on any kind of pitch right now so that will help some I suppose. But the real problem is breaking balls and offspeed and I just hope they have some kind of coaching plan for him.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun May 15, 2022 7:42 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:18 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:49 am
I think it can be helpful for a prospect to suck occasionally, be challenged, learn to adjust. I've wondered if that's an issue with JK. He had never been challenged until he hit the majors
He only hit .253 in AA and was treated like he hit .453.
Didn't he have similar numbers or better than Kyle Lewis at AA? I think Lewis hit .263.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun May 15, 2022 9:16 pm

with Lewis it was injury recovery mode. But it is interesting, pointed it out before. That September call up had us shaking our heads, but really they nailed it with Lewis

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun May 15, 2022 9:51 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 9:16 pm
with Lewis it was injury recovery mode. But it is interesting, pointed it out before. That September call up had us shaking our heads, but really they nailed it with Lewis
Lewis was really hurt by the Arkansas ball park, which I believe is much tougher on righties than lefties
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 15, 2022 9:52 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 9:51 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 9:16 pm
Lewis was really hurt by the Arkansas ball park, which I believe is much tougher on righties than lefties
Definitely. JK hit some bombs there to give him a solid mid 800s OPS despite the mediocre BA.
dt