INJURIES / COVID / ROSTER UPDATES - Seattle Mariners

D-train

Re: INJURIES / COVID / ROSTER UPDATES - Seattle Mariners

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:08 pm

“He’s getting close,” Servais said. “We’ll wait and see how things progress with him today and tomorrow. There’s maybe an outside chance we can get him over the weekend … He has to get out on the field and hit against some velocity and see what that feels like.”
dt

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:22 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:08 pm
“He’s getting close,” Servais said. “We’ll wait and see how things progress with him today and tomorrow. There’s maybe an outside chance we can get him over the weekend … He has to get out on the field and hit against some velocity and see what that feels like.”
Who?
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:37 pm

Millikin wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:22 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:08 pm
Who?
I think he was talking about Ty Lewiger.

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:05 am

That was about Ty France. But France isn't eligible for activation until Monday. Not sure what Servais knew but he needed to re-read his information, I guess. France went on IL on Friday 6/24, 10 days means 7/4

ice99

Post by ice99 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:21 am

Vogelbomb wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:05 am
That was about Ty France. But France isn't eligible for activation until Monday. Not sure what Servais knew but he needed to re-read his information, I guess. France went on IL on Friday 6/24, 10 days means 7/4
France is eligible to return from the injured list on Monday against the San Diego Padres, but Servais said that likely won’t be happening.

“I don’t think we will be activating him tomorrow,” he said. “I know he’s from San Diego and he’d love to do that, but he’s probably not quite ready yet.”

<snip..../snip>

While France probably won’t be back in the Mariners’ lineup on Monday, he may be back and playing very soon.

In this context, it seems that he's referring to next weekend.