Down goes JK

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Down goes JK

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri May 13, 2022 9:24 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 8:41 pm
These JK groupies are unreal.

Kelenic didn't improve in Tacoma last year? How does he know that? His numbers were certainly better after Tacoma than before. But prrhaps there is something to the notion that he needs to face top pitching.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 13, 2022 9:25 pm

It is like they are too young to remember Ackley or the hundreds of other top prospects that were complete busts. They literally think it is impossible that he won't be good one day despite the only basis for that being that the "experts" told them he would be.
dt

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Fri May 13, 2022 10:27 pm

Well, if you look at the data, he has a problem vs. breaking balls and offspeed and he's got a problem vs. low in the zone and just below. Some of that he can work on at AAA and get himself closer to where he needs to be. But this time around, I think they need to give him an extended stay in that league. Give the pitchers there more of a chance to adjust to him and then see how he adjusts back. I think it was a mistake to promote him last year before the AAA pitchers had a chance to see him a second time.

MarinerMike

Post by MarinerMike » Fri May 13, 2022 10:39 pm

It’s almost impossible for anyone they throw in there not to be an upgrade over one of the worst of all time :lol:

Lamda

Post by Lamda » Fri May 13, 2022 10:41 pm

Here's hoping he goes down and works with someone and really figures it out. It really only helps the club if he turns into the player he was hyped up to be as a prospect.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 13, 2022 10:42 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:27 pm
Well, if you look at the data, he has a problem vs. breaking balls and offspeed and he's got a problem vs. low in the zone and just below. Some of that he can work on at AAA and get himself closer to where he needs to be. But this time around, I think they need to give him an extended stay in that league. Give the pitchers there more of a chance to adjust to him and then see how he adjusts back. I think it was a mistake to promote him last year before the AAA pitchers had a chance to see him a second time.
The level of hand eye coordination to hit big league pitching is probably the biggest ask in the history all human endeavors. It may just be that he doesn't have it. That is actually my feeling at this point.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 13, 2022 10:43 pm

MarinerMike wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:39 pm
It’s almost impossible for anyone they throw in there not to be an upgrade over one of the worst of all time :lol:
Yep and Vuckovich and Bill Bergen are dead so anyone has to be and upgrade.
dt

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Fri May 13, 2022 10:56 pm

I can't speak for "everyone" on the forum but I'm confident that "most" here knew this was coming are not shocked at all by it.
Perhaps many are "relieved" he's finally off the roster. I do hope he finds his bat again and can contribute somehow later in the year.
He did have that magic "September" to remember. JK be humble and put in the work.
Sound like a song.... :lol:

"Try to remember the kind of September
When life was slow and oh, so mellow
Try to remember the kind of September
When grass was green and grain was yellow
When you were a tender and callow fellow
Try to remember and if you remember
Then follow, follow"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K32a9bM0tcI
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 13, 2022 10:59 pm

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:56 pm
I can't speak for "everyone" on the forum but I'm confident that "most" here knew this was coming are not shocked at all by it.
Perhaps many are "relieved" he's finally off the roster. I do hope he finds his bat again and can contribute somehow later in the year.
He did have that magic "September" to remember. JK be humble and put in the work.
Sound like a song.... :lol:

"Try to remember the kind of September
When life was slow and oh, so mellow
When grass was green and grain was yellow
When you were a tender and callow fellow
Try to remember and if you remember
Then follow, follow"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K32a9bM0tcI
You and your will be here a week from today! That softens the sting of JK being sent down tremendously!!!!!!!!!! lol
dt

ice99

Post by ice99 » Fri May 13, 2022 11:51 pm

Case_Of_The_Runs wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:13 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 8:41 pm
These JK groupies are unreal.

Man, they sure seem shortsighted. It feels a bit like saying "apart from that, how was Dallas Mrs. Kennedy?"
Dipoto should come out and say that they were balancing player development and contending. Last year they leaned toward player development, this year they're leaning toward not bleeding wins.