5/15 GT @Mets: Rays time to shine.

seth8734

Re: 5/15 GT @Mets: Rays time to shine.

Post by seth8734 » Mon May 16, 2022 4:53 am

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 12:15 am
What a day! "Intense but alot of fun".

My 16 year old came home and the first thing he told Mom was "Mom that was an intense game. But it was the first game I went to where the Mariners won!" :lol:
1. The Mets are pretty good team. I did not expect them to come back like that in the bottom of the ninth inning.
Once the game got to an 8-7 score and Diego was on the mound you could feel pressure mounting and the "New Yorkers doing their thing".
There is simply no fan base like here in NY. Whether it be Yankee or Citifield. The atmosphere is electric.
With that said.....Citifield is beautiful. It's not "gody" like Yankee stadium. But both places you'd be hard to find a space on the walls without a corporate logo. So commercialized. That is why Safeco (I'm sorry T-Mobile) is a special place (besides the roof and the great people).

2. Robbie Ray is a good pitcher but he is far from "Cy young" this year. Again he had a mental breakdown in the fourth giving up a 4-spot.
If Ray would've had better control of his fastball. No way do we go into the late innings with a close score. His slider was unhittable.
Got to figure out a way to keep him from giving up the mistake inning. Maybe he needs to see that shrink from the new Matrix movie.

3. Souza Jr. defense was a problem in right field this series. He either kicked the ball, dropped the ball, over-ran the ball, or made an amazing two-handed catch. I mean he was like Haniger in Yankee falling on his ass almost. The Mets hitters targeted that side of the field with impunity.

4. Our seats were perfect for watching that Julio drive into the 2nd deck left field. I'll never forget it. Because it was followed up by Cal's homerun to right field next to the stadium Starbucks in the same inning. Classic.

5. The Mets fans were great to us. I wore a Mariners Jersey and we cheered and screamed the whole game. No one gave us a hard time. And they did the same for their team. Yankee stadium is a different animal. IF that call had been made in Yankee.....Forget about it!

6. Seth is a super nice young man. I'll never forget how he rode down 3 plus hours and the same to go back just to catch a game with us. He was pleasant and knows his baseball and loves his team. I hope he fulfills his dream of moving to Seattle. I'll never see your posts on the forum Seth the same way again. You've been thru alot and have my total respect friend. He's coming back in August for the Yankee series. It would be nice to see as many of us as can get together somehow for a beer and watch baseball during that series.
Thanx a lot man trully appreciate it so much, Great points on all of that, Ray, Souza seats and the fans just absolute day to always cherish, I enjoyed every second of it, thanks so much again.