Who would be your trade target at this point?

Seattle or Bust

Who would be your trade target at this point?

Post by Seattle or Bust » Mon May 16, 2022 6:21 am

Boston is in last place at 13-21.

In an effort to rejuvenate this offense I'd trade for Xander Bogaerts and JD Martinez.

Both of them are in the last year of their deal (Bogaerts because he's not going to exercise his player option). I'd try to include Suarez as a salary dump while Boston rebuilds (sort of like what we did with Jay Bruce and Edwin E) and include a package of young prospects. I'd work to extend both of them. Martinez is a great DH. Bogaerts can be the 3B of the future.

One way to circumvent F/A's not wanting to come here.

D-train

Re: Who would be your trade target at this point?

Post by D-train » Mon May 16, 2022 9:48 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 6:21 am

In an effort to rejuvenate this offense I'd trade for Xander Bogaerts and JD Martinez.

Both of them are in the last year of their deal (Bogaerts because he's not going to exercise his player option). I'd try to include Suarez as a salary dump while Boston rebuilds (sort of like what we did with Jay Bruce and Edwin E) and include a package of young prospects. I'd work to extend both of them. Martinez is a great DH. Bogaerts can be the 3B of the future.

Xander is a weird fit because he is a SS. We could make him play 2B but good lucking trying to resign him after that.

JD did play some OF last season but Jerry prob views him as a pure DH so doesn't fit his twisted mold of weak hitters that can play all over like Toro for your DH.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon May 16, 2022 10:22 am

If we are using Dipotos perspective he has never shown interest in short term rentals

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 16, 2022 10:25 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 10:22 am
If we are using Dipotos perspective he has never shown interest in short term rentals
Another idiotic philosophy because cost is relatively minimal and if they suck you can just let them walk.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon May 16, 2022 1:13 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 10:22 am
Tyler Anderson was a short term rental, so was Denard Span.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon May 16, 2022 1:37 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:

Id say get JD, but that makes it really tough for Kyle Lewis to get many AB. They shouldn't save a spot for Lewis, but they will.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 16, 2022 1:41 pm

Lewis still ain't right. 7 ABs in the past week.....

https://www.milb.com/player/kyle-lewis- ... &year=2022
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon May 16, 2022 1:43 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 1:41 pm

Unless they are calling him up for today, then there is no reason to expect him to be ready the next 3 weeks

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Mon May 16, 2022 6:57 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 1:41 pm

How on God's green earth is this even possible after a year and a half.

ice99

Post by ice99 » Mon May 23, 2022 2:36 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:

The tables have turned. Boston is ahead of the Mariners in the WC race. Is there anything they could use as a rental?