OT : mostonmike's Transatlantic Trip to become Bostonmike

mostonmike

OT : mostonmike's Transatlantic Trip to become Bostonmike

Post by mostonmike » Wed May 18, 2022 11:12 am

So your favorite (favourite) Brit, or at least I might be in your top 3, has arrived in Boston for his 50th birthday. And I am not sure why he's suddenly decided to speak in the third person.

The background was that I decided that wherever the Mariners were playing on that day I'd come over and catch the game. That could have been an extremely poor idea if we'd been in say Baltimore, right? So I am pleased it was Boston, I am sure all the touristy things will be ticked off including seeing where my ancestors caused let's say a "a little consternation" a few centuries ago

With the current form, I think we are all desperately clutching to anything that might change our luck so maybe this is the catalyst? Bloody hope so.

Anyway looking forward to the game tomorrow and might also catch Saturday afternoons with the weather expected to be in the 90s. A few pre-beers in the sunshine and a day game in Fenway isn't the worst place to be.

Question for the forum since it's such a superstitious place is should I change my name temporarily on here to bostonmike as it's only one character and it might bring a change of luck? I mean my namesake MarinerMike has a underwhelming record since he joined. He's brought a lot to the forum apart apart from the wins. ;) We can't risk jeopardising the equilibrium of the forum.

Happy to go with the consensus.

D-train

Re: OT : mostonmike's Transatlantic Trip to become Bostonmike

Post by D-train » Wed May 18, 2022 11:38 am

mostonmike wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 11:12 am
So your favorite (favourite) Brit, or at least I might be in your top 3, has arrived in Boston for his 50th birthday. And I am not sure why he's suddenly decided to speak in the third person.

The background was that I decided that wherever the Mariners were playing on that day I'd come over and catch the game. That could have been an extremely poor idea if we'd been in say Baltimore, right? So I am pleased it was Boston, I am sure all the touristy things will be ticked off including seeing where my ancestors caused let's say a "a little consternation" a few centuries ago

With the current form, I think we are all desperately clutching to anything that might change our luck so maybe this is the catalyst? Bloody hope so.

Anyway looking forward to the game tomorrow and might also catch Saturday afternoons with the weather expected to be in the 90s. A few pre-beers in the sunshine and a day game in Fenway isn't the worst place to be.

Question for the forum since it's such a superstitious place is should I change my name temporarily on here to bostonmike as it's only one character and it might bring a change of luck? I mean my namesake MarinerMike has a underwhelming record since he joined. He's brought a lot to the forum apart apart from the wins. ;) We can't risk jeopardising the equilibrium of the forum.

Awesome, Chad (daBronx) and I and the families will be there Saturday. I can barely walk due to my back right now so hoping it lets up. Let's meet up before or at the game.
dt

MarinerMike

Post by MarinerMike » Wed May 18, 2022 12:02 pm

mostonmike wrote:

As far as change of luck, I’m afraid I’m also in Boston and will be at the game tomorrow :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 18, 2022 12:06 pm

MarinerMike wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 12:02 pm
mostonmike wrote:

As far as change of luck, I’m afraid I’m also in Boston and will be at the game tomorrow :lol:
Welcome to Boston Brother. I now have a 3pm meeting in Cambridge. Should be done about 3:30-3:45pm
dt

mostonmike

Post by mostonmike » Wed May 18, 2022 12:27 pm

Awesome, Chad (daBronx) and I and the families will be there Saturday. I can barely walk due to my back right now so hoping it lets up. Let's meet up before or at the game.
Sound great, how about I bow to your local knowledge and you pick a bar and time and me and Mrs Moston will catch you all for a pre match pint. Just let us know Friday-ish what time suits...

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 18, 2022 12:30 pm

mostonmike wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 12:27 pm
Sound great, how about I bow to your local knowledge and you pick a bar and time and me and Mrs Moston will catch you all for a pre match pint. Just let us know Friday-ish what time suits...
Sure. Where are you guys staying??
dt

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Wed May 18, 2022 1:34 pm

It’s a bloody forum Tea Party!
Smash down the Green Monster, boys,
Bring us victory or bring Red Sox death!
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

mostonmike

Post by mostonmike » Wed May 18, 2022 2:38 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 12:30 pm
mostonmike wrote:
Staying opposite the Public Library. Small world just bumped into MarinerMike on the Fenway tour and with nothing planned for later this afternoon I have invited myself and the Mrs to your meet up today.

If that's ok, of course......

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 18, 2022 3:17 pm

mostonmike wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 2:38 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 12:30 pm
mostonmike wrote:

Staying opposite the Public Library. Small world just bumped into MarinerMike on the Fenway tour and with nothing planned for later this afternoon I have invited myself and the Mrs to your meet up today.

If that's ok, of course......

Yeah, he just texted me! LOL I couldn't believe it. See you at about 4pm!
dt

MarinerMike

Post by MarinerMike » Wed May 18, 2022 3:30 pm

9C74B7C3-83E5-49FB-B5BF-88DEA1606057.png
Can we meet at one of these bars? I’m going to the game tonight vs the Astros so I’d like to stay close :)