Re: The "Eff Jerry, eff Scott, eff John, eff Seattle" game thread

Post by Juliooooo » Fri May 20, 2022 1:58 am

D-train wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:41 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:13 pm
mostonmike wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:34 pm

That’s 2/1 or thereabouts. Gosh I am missing my betting.
I don't bet a lot, so I'm not sure, but a 305 payout on a 100 dollar bet isn't 3/1 odds? Maybe they just don't use those terms for bets.
2/1......the $100 you get back doesn't count. You can see the +205 on the ticket.
I'm not buying it. 2/1 odds would mean you get 2 dollars for every bet. Again, but sure if betters use that terminology often, but I'm fairly confident that that the bet in question was 3/1 odds.
In betting, odds represent the ratio between the amounts staked by parties to a wager or bet. Thus, odds of 3 to 1 mean the first party (the bookmaker) stakes three times the amount staked by the second party (the bettor).
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri May 20, 2022 3:00 am

Quora thread, they all seem to agree with that
. A2A “Betting: If someone says they’ll give me 3:1 odds on the occurrence of an event, what does it mean?
Also, what approach should we use on our analysis on whether to take the bet or not?”

Let’s say the amount you bet is $100. If someone gives you 3:1 odds on that bet, that means that if you win, you’ll receive $300.

In terms of how to know whether or not to take the bet, the implication of a bet where 3:1 odds are given is that the event has a 75% chance to go the odds-givers way, and a 25% chance to go your way. If you believe that this event will go your way more than 25% of the time, you should take the bet. If you believe that this event will go your way less than 25% of the time, you should
https://www.quora.com/Betting-If-someon ... es-it-mean

mostonmike

Post by mostonmike » Fri May 20, 2022 3:57 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:58 am
D-train wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:13 pm

I don't bet a lot, so I'm not sure, but a 305 payout on a 100 dollar bet isn't 3/1 odds? Maybe they just don't use those terms for bets.
2/1......the $100 you get back doesn't count. You can see the +205 on the ticket.
I'm not buying it. 2/1 odds would mean you get 2 dollars for every bet. Again, but sure if betters use that terminology often, but I'm fairly confident that that the bet in question was 3/1 odds.
In betting, odds represent the ratio between the amounts staked by parties to a wager or bet. Thus, odds of 3 to 1 mean the first party (the bookmaker) stakes three times the amount staked by the second party (the bettor).
It's even written on the bet +205 which is 2.05/1

You always get your stake back on a winning bet.

Or if you want..... you bet 100, the bookie bets 205 - whoever wins keeps all the money staked if you want to think of it that way i.e. the bit you quoted with 305 being the total payout either way but that's a very complicated way of interpreting it

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Fri May 20, 2022 4:26 am

mostonmike wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:57 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:58 am
D-train wrote:

It's even written on the bet +205 which is 2.05/1

You always get your stake back on a winning bet.

Or if you want..... you bet 100, the bookie bets 205 - whoever wins keeps all the money staked if you want to think of it that way i.e. the bit you quoted with 305 being the total payout either way but that's a very complicated way of interpreting it
OK. I must have interpreted the 305 as not including the but in at first.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez