Fear not! SS says they will get back after it today!

D-train

Fear not! SS says they will get back after it today!

Post by D-train » Wed May 08, 2019 1:27 pm

“These are tough losses,” Servais said. “They are tough for everybody. It’s tough for Swarz giving it up. You are battling, you have a rain delay and trying to get through it and turn this thing around. But we’ll show up tomorrow and get back after it.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro

Good God, I am sick of that guy.
dt

D-train

Re: Fear not! SS says they will get back after it today!

Post by D-train » Wed May 08, 2019 1:32 pm

SS used Scrabble 2.0 instead of Elias because the Yankees RH lineup. Is he aware that Elias has given up a .452 OPS vs. righties this season!??!?!?!?!??
dt

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Wed May 08, 2019 1:36 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:32 pm
SS used Scrabble 2.0 instead of Elias because the Yankees RH lineup. Is he aware that Elias has given up a .452 OPS vs. righties this season!??!?!?!?!??
I wondered about that too but not sure he suited up today? Box score does not have him available in the pen.

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Wed May 08, 2019 1:39 pm

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 08, 2019 1:41 pm

You will find him just below Swarzak's name in the box score.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/mariners-vs ... ame=567475
dt

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Wed May 08, 2019 2:02 pm

Ahhh ok, odd didn't come up on my mlb app, so twice now he has left Elias in the bench when he has the obvious advantage of Elias vs Righties

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Wed May 08, 2019 3:17 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:02 pm
Ahhh ok, odd didn't come up on my mlb app, so twice now he has left Elias in the bench when he has the obvious advantage of Elias vs Righties
And that’s why he shouldn’t be an mlb manager

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 08, 2019 3:22 pm

The Astroknott wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:17 pm
Dr Naysay wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:02 pm
And that’s why he shouldn’t be an mlb manager
That and his refusal to bunt and issue IBBs in obvious situations. And the fact that he has the backbone of a Sea Urchin.
dt

Ziskmagic

Post by Ziskmagic » Wed May 08, 2019 5:39 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:27 pm
“These are tough losses,” Servais said. “They are tough for everybody. It’s tough for Swarz giving it up. You are battling, you have a rain delay and trying to get through it and turn this thing around. But we’ll show up tomorrow and get back after it.”

SS sounds exactly like management at my company. Buzz words, catch phrases and branding - "spinning" problems over addressing them honestly, style over substance. Just enough to appease foreign ownership for the next quarter. I've heard all of it befkre...verbatim in most cases.

Company suck ups make lousy managers.I understand you have to feed the press a bone...it's more that I cannot imagine his personality type ever owning a locker room, particularly veterans who are more intelligent than he is.
As a body we are alone, as a soul never.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 08, 2019 5:45 pm

Ziskmagic wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:39 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:27 pm

SS sounds exactly like management at my company. Buzz words, catch phrases and branding - "spinning" problems over addressing them honestly, style over substance. Just enough to appease foreign ownership for the next quarter. I've heard all of it befkre...verbatim in most cases.

Company suck ups make lousy managers.I understand you have to feed the press a bone...it's more that I cannot imagine his personality type ever owning a locker room, particularly veterans who are more intelligent than he is.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will never forget when the Senior management team at my company came up with the catch phrase Horizontality to push working together across depts and divisions. They thought they were so smart even though it did nothing to grow revenues or increase profitability. And these are the clowns that get rewarded while the people doing the actual work and winning new projects are considered expendable.

dt
dt