Trade Deadline Thread

seattlefan-daBronx

Re: Trade Deadline Thread

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:09 pm

I read an article this morning about Dipotos options...
They pitched that Jerry will stand pat because most guys are signed thru 2024 or controlled.
He will take flyers however on Hanniger, Frazier because they'll be free agents / won't be on the team next year.
He might shop a Flexen or a Seewald because contenders will pay a premium for arms.
Just an idea.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:13 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:50 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:13 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:01 am

What does what Texas did this off season have to do with what a team currently falling like a stone will do at the deadline? Seriously, this team has NEVER added much at the deadline. When Al Martin and Heathckiff Slocumb are your big gets for a playoff push? You are weak. To think that they were sellers last year, and NOW? A team is a much worse situation is going to be buying pieces? Does anyone think this group is one or two pieces away?

They gambled and bet on this year. Thought that saving money and adding Abe Torro would somehow make us World Series contenders this season. They flopped. Maybe they will try and save face and will be buyers at the deadline. But my guess is we will be so far out of the race it won’t matter.
What I'm saying is I don't think they'll be "buyers" in the traditional sense where they're adding guys with 3 months left on their contracts. If they go out and get a player, I hope it's a splashy guy like Reynolds or Lopez that have team control, are young, and fit in with the young core the M's have.

Then I'd throw my check book at Aaron Judge. Jerry can finally put his money where his mouth is.
At the deadline sellers are looking to take advantage of teams that are desperate to stay in the Hunt and there is a premium to pay. It doesn't make sense to try and build for the next couple of years by trying to trade minor leaguers for major leaguers at the deadline.
Most of the prospects teams get back in deadline deals these days are nobodies. No team with a decent farm system is trading anyone in their top ten. It's possible this will change with more teams in the postseason hunt, but even if that happens I don't expect premium prospects to get moved the way they used to.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:59 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:13 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:

What I'm saying is I don't think they'll be "buyers" in the traditional sense where they're adding guys with 3 months left on their contracts. If they go out and get a player, I hope it's a splashy guy like Reynolds or Lopez that have team control, are young, and fit in with the young core the M's have.

Then I'd throw my check book at Aaron Judge. Jerry can finally put his money where his mouth is.
At the deadline sellers are looking to take advantage of teams that are desperate to stay in the Hunt and there is a premium to pay. It doesn't make sense to try and build for the next couple of years by trying to trade minor leaguers for major leaguers at the deadline.
Most of the prospects teams get back in deadline deals these days are nobodies. No team with a decent farm system is trading anyone in their top ten. It's possible this will change with more teams in the postseason hunt, but even if that happens I don't expect premium prospects to get moved the way they used to.
That is especially true for the collection of jokers we have to offer for prospects.
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:01 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:01 am

What does what Texas did this off season have to do with what a team currently falling like a stone will do at the deadline? Seriously, this team has NEVER added much at the deadline. When Al Martin and Heathckiff Slocumb are your big gets for a playoff push? You are weak. To think that they were sellers last year, and NOW? A team is a much worse situation is going to be buying pieces? Does anyone think this group is one or two pieces away?

They gambled and bet on this year. Thought that saving money and adding Abe Torro would somehow make us World Series contenders this season. They flopped. Maybe they will try and save face and will be buyers at the deadline. But my guess is we will be so far out of the race it won’t matter.

Tell that to the Dodgers. Do you think they regret acquiring Trea Turner? Me thinks not. Good teams don't sit around and wait to be good. They make it happen.

All of the M's top prospects are now at least 2 years away. It's time to get rid of some of them.Julio, France, Crawford, Raleigh, Kelenic, Kirby, Gilbert are the future. Continue to build around them.

I beg the M's to out and trade for Frankie Montas.

Ray, Gilbert, Kirby, Montas, Marco is maybe the best pitching staff in the majors.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:27 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:01 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:

Tell that to the Dodgers. Do you think they regret acquiring Trea Turner? Me thinks not. Good teams don't sit around and wait to be good. They make it happen.

All of the M's top prospects are now at least 2 years away. It's time to get rid of some of them.Julio, France, Crawford, Raleigh, Kelenic, Kirby, Gilbert are the future. Continue to build around them.

Ray, Gilbert, Kirby, Montas, Marco is maybe the best pitching staff in the majors.
I wish we had a real "basher" in the middle of our lineup.
France is a great hitter but not nearly enough.
Pitchers don't want to pitch to France but I don't think they fear him.
Pitchers fear a Yordan Alvarez, Stanton, Judge, Buxton, Trout....they cause a real pickle for teams.
Ideally if we could trade a Hanniger, Frazier, Kelenic, plus prospects for a "basher" not necesarily an Allstar player but at least an outfielder with a homerun threat. We get plenty of traffic. Just no one to drive them home.
I don't even know if Lewis is "tradeable" at this point? Thoughts?

Got to get guys like Toro, Trammell, Dilly out of the daily lineup. They are backups.

Maybe try to pull away a Salvador Perez from Kansas City? He's on the 10 IL right now for a thumb. But he would be ideal at catcher for us next to Cal. Gets Torrens out too. We are weak at catcher. Guy has always had some pop. Right now he's having a season low .211 with 11 homers. But last year he hit 48 bombs and over 121 RBIs. Nevermind I just read he signed a 4 year extension with them on Sunday. Crap. He's not going anywhere soon.
Last edited by seattlefan-daBronx on Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:36 pm

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:27 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Captain 97 wrote:

Pitchers fear a Yordan Alvarez, Stanton, Judge, Buxton, Trout....they cause a real pickle for teams.
Ideally if we could trade a Hanniger, Frazier, Kelenic, plus prospects for a "basher" not necesarily an Allstar player but at least an outfielder with a homerun threat. We get plenty of traffic. Just no one to drive them home.

Got to get guys like Toro, Trammell, Dilly out of the daily lineup. They are backups.
I don't see it happening this deadline, there's just not many bats out there like that.

I would certainly throw my hat in the ring at Judge if he and the Skanks can't come to an agreement.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:38 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Captain 97 wrote:

I agree that the lineup should be the first priority but good teams aren't going to trade a good hitting OFer and bad teams aren't going to want Mitch or Frazier.

Agree that we need to get Toro off the roster and Moore is fine as a UT but not every day as you mention. Torrens is less than worthless. Still can't fathom why we haven't traded for Bell yet. Trammell is having a damn good season so not getting that point.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:41 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:36 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:

I don't see it happening this deadline, there's just not many bats out there like that.

I would certainly throw my hat in the ring at Judge if he and the Skanks can't come to an agreement.
Trade for Bell to be the 1B until France is healthy and then move him to DH. OF is totally fine now with Winker heating up/JRod/TT
dt

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:38 pm

Bell and Garret from KC. Get Mitch back and take our chances.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:53 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:38 pm
Bell and Garret from KC. Get Mitch back and take our chances.
This guy?? :?

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... am01.shtml
dt