NOBODY FIRED TODAY!

seattlefan-daBronx

NOBODY FIRED TODAY!

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:48 am

Bunch of milk-toast mother fukkers from Stanton on down. Seattle is just too nice imho.
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mar ... e-several/

Mariners chairman John Stanton met with the media last September after signing Dipoto to a multiyear extension. He spoke of the M’s becoming a championship organization.

I asked about marquee free agents coming to Seattle. Stanton’s response?

“Jerry’s a baseball expert. And I rely on Jerry to make baseball decisions,” Stanton said. “He has our confidence and will continue to have the resources necessary to execute and achieve the goal.”

On acquiring players via trade vs. free agency:
Dipoto reiterates the team has financial flexibility, but “it takes two to tango,” which feels like maybe mutual interest has been hard to come by? Maybe the pre-lockout prices were a little steep, or maybe the Mariners were attempting to send out some lowball offers. Regardless, it didn’t sound like anything was imminent in the pipeline, which is kind of a bummer considering this free agent bonanza the major media promised. I feel like I showed up expecting a lavish all-you-can-eat buffet and instead there’s some lukewarm meatballs in an ancient crockpot and and an anemic looking veggie tray.
When asked if he’s still reluctant to trade top prospects, Dipoto says “never say never” but it’s “hard to imagine the scenario where we move the guys at the top of the list.”
But then he kind of does say never:“I can’t imagine a scenario where we would move Julio or George.” Oh so Kirby is on first-name special basis now?
However, Dipoto acknowledges you have to give to get, so top-tier players require top-tier prospects, and doesn’t rule out any possibility. Because of course he doesn’t.

After the lockout this spring....
Dipoto had a funny moment on @933KJR according to reporter Ryan Divish: “I woke up this morning ready to transact,” was his exact quote.

“It takes two to tango; we have to find the right player in the right trade match,” Dipoto said Friday.

During that media Q&A with Stanton, Jerry was asked about waiting for the right time to spend.

“We always knew that was going to be the case,” Dipoto said. “Part of this (rebuild) was trading out veteran players for young players that we can build with and around, understanding that through salary arbitration and with the payroll flexibility we were creating, we were going to have a chance to augment that team in smart ways once we identified where the needs were.”

"Adam is a proven, versatile and well-rounded player,'' Seattle general manager Jerry Dipoto said in a statement. "His presence makes our lineup longer and our team more complete.''
“From just a baseball intangibles perspective, he’s one of those guys that really stands out from the first moment that you see him,” Dipoto said. “He does all the little things on the field. He’s a smart baserunner, it’s good at-bat after good at-bat, he swings at the right pitches, he has a lot of contact in his game – which is not common really in today’s game – and he has the ability to play different positions.”

“I guess the BABIP results have really bitten Jesse Winker,” Mariners general manager and president of baseball operations Jerry Dipoto said Thursday morning during his weekly appearance on Seattle Sports Station. “Last night, drilling a ball into a into a triple play – there were multiple instances where we had we hit a ball on the screws and it didn’t fall in.”

Quotes from SS before the start of the season:
“I think our depth is outstanding, the best it’s been since we’ve been here,” said Servais, who arrived in Seattle along with general manager Jerry Dipoto ahead of the 2016 season.

That could be key as the Mariners finished 2021 with a minus-51 run differential thanks in large part to being very, very good in close games. Should we expect some regression in that regard, especially with a bullpen that was stellar last year?

“So will there be regression? That could be,” Servais said. “On paper, I believe we have a very good team. What is the win-loss record? What are the projections? It doesn’t matter to me. We’ve got to play the games. That’s the beauty of the season. But I feel really, really good about this club.”

Quote from Winker when first joining the ballclub “I’ve always wanted to be a part of a organization, a team that is really going after winning, is really going after chasing division titles and making a run for a ring,” he said. “And that’s what we have here in Seattle.”

HA! Losers.
loser.jpg
loser.jpg (8.91 KiB) Viewed 745 times
Last edited by seattlefan-daBronx on Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

seattlefan-daBronx

Re: NOBODY FIRED TODAY!

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:55 am

Stanton Loser.jpg
Stanton Loser.jpg (6.24 KiB) Viewed 745 times
Dipoto Loser.jpg
Dipoto Loser.jpg (8.78 KiB) Viewed 745 times
SS Loser.jpg
SS Loser.jpg (9.21 KiB) Viewed 745 times
Last edited by seattlefan-daBronx on Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:01 am

hitting coaches.jpg

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:47 am

Tell a lie loud enough and long enough and people will believe it. - Adolph Hitler

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:06 am

ddraig wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:47 am
Tell a lie loud enough and long enough and people will believe it. - Adolph Hitler
Wasn't that Goebbels? I'm pretty sure Hitler believed everything he said.

acctingman

Post by acctingman » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:23 am

No one will lose their job.

Sac-less fuckturds....all of them.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:41 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:06 am
ddraig wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:47 am
Wasn't that Goebbels? I'm pretty sure Hitler believed everything he said.
https://www.azquotes.com/author/6758-Adolf_Hitler

Maybe it was Goebbels, but this is the quote I pulled it from.

Goebbels was similar.

If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself.
Joseph Goebbels

Maybe reading from the same playbook?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:25 am

You know things are right on track when we are debating if the FO is more like Hitler or Goebbels.....
dt

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:22 pm

Abbott and Costello came to mind for me.

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:22 pm

Abbott and Costello came to mind for me.