Re: Jomboy working on the brawl video analysis

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:18 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:23 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:18 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:11 pm

Heads aren't in the right place because they have fun and enjoy winning?
The occasion should be worthy or it becomes meaningless.
Yeah, have fun and enjoy winning but literally doing choreographed group dance routine after a reg season win is over the top imo. Happy medium would be good.
So they need to talk to DT to decide what the definition of "appropriate" is?
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:23 pm

Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:02 pm
Michael K wrote:Well, they get to the playoffs, the Patriots kick there ass IN THEIR HOUSE, and the Chargers whined and cried about it after. Pathetic.

So, if you don't like the repercussions of dancing on the field, don't do it.
I don't think the Patriots beat them up because they liked to celebrate too much. They were probably just that much better.
Not my point. You don't get to party like it's 1999 every time things go good, then piss and moan when someone else does. Not the exact same, but if we did in fact throw a party in their OF after beating them, baseball is an old fuddy duddies game, and maybe we should have expected some retaliation?

And I really don't think the Pats were better that year. The Chargers sure woke the sleeping giant though. I can't remember which Football Life it was discussed in, Tomlinson's or Brady's, but it was pretty obvious the Pats disliked all the bravado the Chargers had, for a team that had never done a damn thing.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:28 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:36 pm

So reproduction for having fun during a have is taking a fastball to the head? This is definition of old school baseball bias. It's an old man take. Don't like what they are doing, then beat them at baseball.
Yes. Are you really going to say this is the first time some old man bullshit happened in baseball?

1. Team that is well under .500, well out of the divisional and playoff race, and is 3 and 5 against you on the year throws a dance party after beating you
2. In the old man game of baseball you are shocked there is payback

Come on man. You don't have to like the way baseball handles it's business, but it is EXACTLY this way. Stupid? Yep. Going to change? Nope.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:52 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:18 pm
D-train wrote:

The occasion should be worthy or it becomes meaningless.
Yeah, have fun and enjoy winning but literally doing choreographed group dance routine after a reg season win is over the top imo. Happy medium would be good.
Or use common sense.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:56 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:17 pm
D-train wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:11 pm

Heads aren't in the right place because they have fun and enjoy winning?
So if Utah dances on the the BYU logo at the 50 yard line the next time they beat them in Provo, you would be totally cool with that?
If they celebrate on the sideline that's fine. And if they do show respect, throwing a fastball 95 mph at their head isn't appropriate retribution.
They literally danced right near second base which is the middle of their field just after the 2:00 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFUawXZhnlc
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:02 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:28 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:36 pm

So reproduction for having fun during a have is taking a fastball to the head? This is definition of old school baseball bias. It's an old man take. Don't like what they are doing, then beat them at baseball.
Yes. Are you really going to say this is the first time some old man bullshit happened in baseball?

1. Team that is well under .500, well out of the divisional and playoff race, and is 3 and 5 against you on the year throws a dance party after beating you
2. In the old man game of baseball you are shocked there is payback

Come on man. You don't have to like the way baseball handles it's business, but it is EXACTLY this way. Stupid? Yep. Going to change? Nope.
I'm not shocked at all, I never said or implied that I was. I don't agree with it, and it shouldn't happen. You seem to agree with my opinion that it's stupid.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:03 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:56 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:17 pm
D-train wrote:

So if Utah dances on the the BYU logo at the 50 yard line the next time they beat them in Provo, you would be totally cool with that?
If they celebrate on the sideline that's fine. And if they do show respect, throwing a fastball 95 mph at their head isn't appropriate retribution.
They literally danced right near second base which is the middle of their field just after the 2:00 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFUawXZhnlc
That is then meeting on the way back to the dugout. They didn't go out of the way to go to a logo. Taking offense to kids having fun during a have is old man get off my lawn bullshit.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:04 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:52 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:18 pm
D-train wrote:

Or use common sense.
Like understanding that pitchers can accidentally miss pitches high 9 days after your pitcher hits a mariner in the head? That was the problem. Throwing at the head of a player for celebrating a win is even more ridiculous.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:33 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:04 pm

Like understanding that pitchers can accidentally miss pitches high 9 days after your pitcher hits a mariner in the head? That was the problem. Throwing at the head of a player for celebrating a win is even more ridiculous.
Yep, which is why I loved Justin Upton's response to why was it OK for him to get hit in the head but not OK for Trout to ALMOST get hit in the head?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:08 pm

I think Nevin is a complete Fuck Stick, Trout is weak and I also think it is silly for a nearly 30 yo man having a shitty season on a vastly underperforming team to dance a jig on the field to celebrate that they won a game in June to pull within 5 games of .500 and a 12 out of first place.

If that is an old man mentality then guilty as charged.
dt