Re: Suspensions announced

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:53 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:50 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:08 am
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:58 am
So was Swanson actually trying to hit Trout or even just brush him off the plate? Seems unlikely to me.
You can read what Swanson said about it at the beginning of the Jomboy Breakdown.
What Swanson said didn't make a lot of sense. If he was trying to bean Trout in the head, though, he would have to be crazy and/or really dumb, even if he was told to do it. Imagine the fallout if he had.
Trout is a low ball it and it makes sense he was throwing high fastballs but he was wild so the bled inside. He may have misspoke when seemingly saying he wants to miss by almost hitting him in the head.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:55 pm

Hard to disagree with Trout on that, if you can't throw it up and in with accuracy you shouldn't be attempting to.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:10 pm

I definitely think the Angels should have let it go after throwing at Julio. They were even at that point. Not our fault they missed him. And Nevin got a 10 games suspension for it and rightfully so.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:30 pm

Swanson should be given Winker's suspension for being a fucktard.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:20 pm

dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:32 pm

“… And, I mean, if you want to bring up (when I got hit) last week, I know the situation and there’s no intent. I have two strikes on me, guy’s trying to finish me off and he misses one up and in. My problem is (they seem to think) it’s OK for your guy to lose one and hit somebody, but it’s not OK for our guy to lose one and miss your guy – that’s where I have a problem.”

Gotta love that response. I just became a Justin Upton fan.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:06 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:32 pm
“… And, I mean, if you want to bring up (when I got hit) last week, I know the situation and there’s no intent. I have two strikes on me, guy’s trying to finish me off and he misses one up and in. My problem is (they seem to think) it’s OK for your guy to lose one and hit somebody, but it’s not OK for our guy to lose one and miss your guy – that’s where I have a problem.”

Gotta love that response. I just became a Justin Upton fan.
Yeah that makes Trout look bad as it should. The crazy thing did Trout forget about that or was he thinking it was only a washed up vet not the King of baseball? F that guy.
dt

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:30 pm

Reliever Archie Bradley wasn’t suspended but you see him falling from dugout, breaks his elbow probably done for season

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:47 pm

desbcoach wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:30 pm
Reliever Archie Bradley wasn’t suspended but you see him falling from dugout, breaks his elbow probably done for season
Karma is a bitch!
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:01 am

desbcoach wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:30 pm
~
Archie Bradley Shut Down For At Least Four Weeks With Elbow Fracture
By Anthony Franco | June 28, 2022 at 6:12pm CDT

Angels reliever Archie Bradley was placed on the 15-day injured list with a fracture in his throwing elbow this evening. Trainer Mike Frostad tells reporters (including Sam Blum of the Athletic and Sarah Valenzuela of the Los Angeles Times) that he’ll be shut down from throwing entirely for at least four weeks. Frostad estimated it’ll be multiple months before he’s able to return to the majors. Bradley suffered the injury during Sunday’s brawl between the Halos and Mariners, when he slipped trying to climb over the dugout railing.

Yup. Karma.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!