Reality Therapy 101

AZOldDawg

Reality Therapy 101

Post by AZOldDawg » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:13 pm

I hope we score a bunch of runs in the final couple of innings but it is not where the smart money is bet. With our pitching staff we should be an over .500 ball club. The reality is we are a HORRIBLE offensive team. Julio is awesome and will only get better. France is a professional hitter. That's it. Crawford is a slightly better than average hitter and terribly inconsistent. Winkie Pooh's warning track power should put him in the 6 hole at best. I'm tired of his "almost throw he bat" routine after he misses a mistake. He gets paid not punish mistakes. Geno is Geno. He's either going to make decent contact or strike out. Let's talk Cal Yes he's showed some improvement but he still is hitting under .200, strikes out too much and hasn't thrown a runner out in a month. Frazier doesn't want to be in Seattle and is just putting in his time. You can talk to me all you want about Moore and Toro's flexibility but they are MINOR LEAGERS hitting significantly under .200. Not going to even bother with the rest. I believe we had 4 out of 9 hitters under .500 today. That translates into PISS POOR OFFENSE. JD has opted for mediocrity in his lineup construction when he has prospects he can move for a real professional hitter. Bottom line: You get what you settle for. Until we pony up for some bonified professional hitting we are going to continue to take one step forward and two steps back. We have no clue how to play small ball. We strike out too much. We seem to miss mistakes all day long and good hitters don't miss mistakes. We have troubling swallowing with runners on base. What is most frustrating is that we are right on the brink and only a couple of player away. Yup . . . I feel better already.

D-train

Re: Reality Therapy 101

Post by D-train » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:45 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:13 pm
I hope we score a bunch of runs in the final couple of innings but it is not where the smart money is bet. With our pitching staff we should be an over .500 ball club. The reality is we are a HORRIBLE offensive team. Julio is awesome and will only get better. France is a professional hitter. That's it. Crawford is a slightly better than average hitter and terribly inconsistent. Winkie Pooh's warning track power should put him in the 6 hole at best. I'm tired of his "almost throw he bat" routine after he misses a mistake. He gets paid not punish mistakes. Geno is Geno. He's either going to make decent contact or strike out. Let's talk Cal Yes he's showed some improvement but he still is hitting under .200, strikes out too much and hasn't thrown a runner out in a month. Frazier doesn't want to be in Seattle and is just putting in his time. You can talk to me all you want about Moore and Toro's flexibility but they are MINOR LEAGERS hitting significantly under .200. Not going to even bother with the rest. I believe we had 4 out of 9 hitters under .500 today. That translates into PISS POOR OFFENSE. JD has opted for mediocrity in his lineup construction when he has prospects he can move for a real professional hitter. Bottom line: You get what you settle for. Until we pony up for some bonified professional hitting we are going to continue to take one step forward and two steps back. We have no clue how to play small ball. We strike out too much. We seem to miss mistakes all day long and good hitters don't miss mistakes. We have troubling swallowing with runners on base. What is most frustrating is that we are right on the brink and only a couple of player away. Yup . . . I feel better already.
Jesus, Chuck, what happened to the fine art of paragraphs in WA education system.
dt

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:02 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:45 pm
AZOldDawg wrote:
Jesus, Chuck, what happened to the fine art of paragraphs in WA education system.
If it was all-caps I think it would count as a "manifesto."

Good points nevertheless...
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:11 am

D-train wrote:
AZOldDawg wrote:
And I was an English Minor. It's called and Rant n' Roll

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:49 am

D-train wrote:
AZOldDawg wrote:
No kidding Old Dawg, I had to catch my breath three times while reading. Excellent post though. Even if this team had good health it wouldn't be much of a lineup.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:58 am

AZOldDawg wrote:
And we have a guy in AAA with a 1.000 OPS that they refuse to bring because his D might not be perfect or some options or roster trivia. Zero sense of urgency.
dt