MarinerMike

Re: trade deadline looming France, Lewis, and Haniger returning

Post by MarinerMike » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:23 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:27 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:24 pm
I meant to add, Winker thinks it's brilliant, how they use the dh
“I think it's brilliant,” Winker said. “It’s a way to keep your guys locked into the game while letting them catch their breath. It's very useful to use it that way.”
LOL 2nd worst wRC+ in baseball but it is brilliant. He doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed. :roll:
Winker has never played for a team with a DH so he’s use to an automatic out at the bottom of the lineup

ice99

Post by ice99 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:26 pm

Winker was struggling out of the gate. He was probably brown-nosing to keep his bat in the lineup. :lol:

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:04 am

Yeah, sounded Ingratiating to me

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:52 am

. the Mariners want to utilize Toro’s plus bat-to-ball skills
I was curious about that, found this article from driveline NW on bat to ball skills. The single most important aspect of a swing is bat speed, then comes bat to ball skills, basically barreling the ball consistently. What I found interesting is they have a list of players with the best bat to ball skills. And guess who's on it, Adam Frazier. So two of the mariners plus bat to ball skill guys are Abraham Toro and Adam Frazier

https://www.drivelinebaseball.com/2021/ ... o-improve/

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:00 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:52 am
I was curious about that, found this article from driveline NW on bat to ball skills. The single most important aspect of a swing is bat speed, then comes bat to ball skills, basically barreling the ball consistently. What I found interesting is they have a list of players with the best bat to ball skills. And guess who's on it, Adam Frazier. So two of the mariners plus bat to ball skill guys are Abraham Toro and Adam Frazier

Jerry’s secret sauce to immortality

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:59 am

Donn Beach wrote:

I find it interesting that Driveline is in the Seattle area (Kent I believe) and yet I've not heard one peep about the Mariners looking into their techniques or their players going there on their own. I wonder if the team is somehow annoyed by Driveline's existence.

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:25 am

Lewis did not play for Everett tonight

roosevelt

Post by roosevelt » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:44 am

Just realized our mighty M's are playing in the worst division in BB.
4 out of 5 teams have a losing record.

Time for a management change next season. Perhaps, ownership too.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:31 am

GL_Storm wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:59 am
Donn Beach wrote:

I find it interesting that Driveline is in the Seattle area (Kent I believe) and yet I've not heard one peep about the Mariners looking into their techniques or their players going there on their own. I wonder if the team is somehow annoyed by Driveline's existence.
Don't know why they be annoyed.

sponsor kids to attend their academy
. Baseball Beyond Borders (BBB) is a sports-based community development organization that helps student-athletes of color connect their passion for baseball with their academic futures off the field. The Mariners awarded Baseball Beyond Borders a $30,000 grant to offset the cost of playing and training at Driveline Youth Academy, a world-class facility that provides youth players with access to high-level technology, development and training. The Mariners grant supports the Baseball Beyond Borders (BBB) mission of increasing access, empowering BIPOC youth, and transforming lives through sport.
worked with Kikuchi
. After the frustration of that season, Kikuchi committed himself to finding cleaner mechanics and more consistent velocity. After consultation with the Mariners’ pitching coaches, he went to Driveline Inc. in Kent to work with its staff. It produced a set of simplified mechanics and a shorter arm stroke that reestablished a fastball velocity in the mid- to high-90s and his cutter velocity up to the low-90s.
worked with Taylor Trammel
.In talking to Taylor about changes he has made with his swing, he rattled off a laundry list of things he was doing wrong last year, noting that the changes he has made with his swing path has been a main focus.

“It’s about making sure that now I am in the zone (with my swing) as long as possible so I can maximize maybe even getting beat or being early on a pitch, being able to make adjustments with my swing,” he said. “I feel like my path right now is getting better, I’m still learning a lot of things but understanding my body and how I am able to get a clean path to the ball.”

Trammell has worked with both Mariners hitting coaches and Driveline instructors in the offseason to rework his swing and it appears to be paying off, as is his work off the field.