Name two players you want the M's to acquire at the deadline.

Seattle or Bust

Name two players you want the M's to acquire at the deadline.

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:01 pm

Mine are: Ketel Marte and Daniel Bard.

1. Ketel Marte 2B/RF
2. Kyle Lewis/Mitch Haniger DH/RF
3. Ty France 2B/1B
4. Julio Rodriguez CF
5. Eugenio Suarez 3B
6. Carlos Santana 1B
7. Jesse Winker LF
8. Cal Raleigh C
9. JP Crawford SS

Bench: Abe Toro, Dylan Moore, Brian O'Keefe

1. Logan Gilbert
2. Robbie Ray
3. George Kirby
4. Marco Gonzales
5. Chris Flexen

CL: Daniel Bard
8th: Paul Seaworld, Andres Munoz, Diego Castillo, Matt Brash
6th/7th: Erik Swanson, Ryan Borucki, Penn Murfee, Ken Giles

D-train

Re: Name two players you want the M's to acquire at the deadline.

Post by D-train » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:10 pm

Bell and Chafin
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:12 pm

Prediction: Jerry will say that getting France, Haniger and France back will be like get 3 guys in deadline trade deals justifying not making any significant moves that increase payroll.
dt

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:16 pm

You know, I'm frankly good if they stand pat. The one need is for a closer, really. Get a guy who's better than Sewald and Castillo that then forces Millone out.
Lineup wise, obviously 2b with Frazier is the hole. You've got a ton of bats coming back for OF and DH. As long as there are no injuries, no more suspensions, I like the squad, I really do. I'm never going to be a big Marco fan but it sure seems like he's entrenched in the clubhouse. The only way I see Marco leaving is when Hancock, Dollard pass him by to gain the rotation.

So yeah, go get a closer. Bard looks interesting.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:23 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:16 pm
You know, I'm frankly good if they stand pat. The one need is for a closer, really. Get a guy who's better than Sewald and Castillo that then forces Millone out.
Lineup wise, obviously 2b with Frazier is the hole. You've got a ton of bats coming back for OF and DH. As long as there are no injuries, no more suspensions, I like the squad, I really do. I'm never going to be a big Marco fan but it sure seems like he's entrenched in the clubhouse. The only way I see Marco leaving is when Hancock, Dollard pass him by to gain the rotation.

So yeah, go get a closer. Bard looks interesting.
Could move France back to 2B but that is probably unlikely especially with him coming back from injury and needing a lot of work at 2B to get comfortable again there.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:29 pm

Here is another Rockies reliever that looks good. ERA+ of 640. :lol:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... ty01.shtml

Also the O's closer Jorge Lopez looks good.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... ty01.shtml
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:39 pm

I am still in sell mode at this point. I think they are going to need at least 88 wins to make the Playoffs, that would require them to go 48-32 over the remainder of the year. I don't think they have that in them even if they pick up a couple of players. If one of the teams in the East tanks over the next month and the M's maintain what they have been doing I'll change my tune but I am not counting on it.

That being said We need a lefty in the Pen and we need A legitimate middle of the order bat. I don't really care where that bat plays because there is enough defensive versatility with our current roster that they could find a way to fit anyone in without removing a key piece from the lineup.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:02 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:39 pm
I am still in sell mode at this point. I think they are going to need at least 88 wins to make the Playoffs, that would require them to go 48-32 over the remainder of the year. I don't think they have that in them even if they pick up a couple of players. If one of the teams in the East tanks over the next month and the M's maintain what they have been doing I'll change my tune but I am not counting on it.

That being said We need a lefty in the Pen and we need A legitimate middle of the order bat. I don't really care where that bat plays because there is enough defensive versatility with our current roster that they could find a way to fit anyone in without removing a key piece from the lineup.
I don't think they will sell for two reasons unless we lose like 15+ games between now and the deadline.

1. The fan base will go ballistic
2. They don't have anything of value to sell that they would be willing to part with. All of the guys that are FAs at the end of the season are hurt or terrible.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:08 pm

Any 2B that would be an upgrade, or potentially a long term solution. Frazier isn't getting it done, and I'm not sold on Moore as an every day player.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:10 pm

Kirby will
Reach an inning limit soon, already surpassed last years by 11 innings, not sure 🤔 f boys down below are ready and would prefer to start them without season on line. So possibly a starter