Name two players you want the M's to acquire at the deadline.

Juliooooo

Re: Name two players you want the M's to acquire at the deadline.

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:45 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:26 am
seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:01 am
Maybe we could send players and prospects together for a Jazz Chisholm & Pablo Lopez package?

Would it be possible?
Together they have a trade value of around 100. Kelenic is at 28, Noelvi Marte is at 42... so unlikely.
Where does Jazz' relationship with his transgress put his trade value at though? I don't think they will trade for either of them anyway.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:49 am

Is there an issue with Jazz? Sure seems like you need to come up with a reason why the marlins be interested in trading him. Looks to me like a centerpiece player to a team they could be trying to create

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:33 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:10 pm
Bell and Chafin
ANOTHER 1B? So who goes then?

Definitely with you on bullpen help. ANY, bullpen help. Would love a good swingman.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:32 am

Pharmabro wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:31 am
ice99 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:02 pm
The M's need a no. 2 or 3 starter. The most Kirby has pitched in a professional season is 67 2/3 innings. He *could* be shut down before the end of the season.

My preference would be Pablo Lopez.

A reliever like Chafin.

Just trade Frazier for whatever you can get. Maybe trade Kyle Lewis as part of the Pablo Lopez (or other SP) package.
Pablo Lopez has 2.5 years of control and the Marlins are just as much in the race as us and they have every bit of a chance to add to their roster. His trade value is at 46.8 M on the trade calculator. I mean if we could get him I would be great with it. JK =28M, Arroyo =14.9M, Stoudt =4.6, RHP Miller 5.1 gives you 52.6M going back. Just the other day I looked on that thing and JK went from 40M to 28 and Julio went from 93 to 11.9M :shock: I could also switch JK and Arroyo out for Marte. Even with Marte doing this the last 10 games as a 20 year old .343 .442 .629 with as many walks as K's (7)!
Arroyo is my #1 prospect right now. Only way I trade him if it like a Juan Soto type package. I think he could take over for JP as early as 2024 and trade JP and his team friendly deal for whatever.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:35 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:33 am
D-train wrote:
Bell and Chafin

Definitely with you on bullpen help. ANY, bullpen help. Would love a good swingman.
Yeah, doesn't really makes sense now with Santana but he would be a big upgrade over Santana who we basically got for nothing.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:49 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:35 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
D-train wrote:
Bell and Chafin

Yeah, doesn't really makes sense now with Santana but he would be a big upgrade over Santana who we basically got for nothing.
I agree 100% on him being an upgrade. Unless Seattle is willing to eat a chunk of Santana by DFA'ing him, it'd be hard to do. But Carlos will be a nice veteran presence to have during the dog days of August. He plays a decent 1B and with a good OBP.

My question is, do you think that Servais will move France around the infield at all to get Santana some AB's once Winker, Lewis, and Haniger return? I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I like seeing Santana in there over Toro. Moore and Haggerty seem to be holding down the utility roles nicely and coming on lately with more playing time.

1B-Santana
2B-France????
SS-Crawford
3B-Suarez
LF-Winker
CF-JROD SHOW
RF-Haniger
C-Raleigh
DH-Lewis

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:57 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:49 am
D-train wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

I agree 100% on him being an upgrade. Unless Seattle is willing to eat a chunk of Santana by DFA'ing him, it'd be hard to do. But Carlos will be a nice veteran presence to have during the dog days of August. He plays a decent 1B and with a good OBP.

My question is, do you think that Servais will move France around the infield at all to get Santana some AB's once Winker, Lewis, and Haniger return? I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I like seeing Santana in there over Toro. Moore and Haggerty seem to be holding down the utility roles nicely and coming on lately with more playing time.

1B-Santana
2B-France????
SS-Crawford
3B-Suarez
LF-Winker
CF-JROD SHOW
RF-Haniger
C-Raleigh
DH-Lewis
We are paying Santana about $1M. Our payroll is the same as it was when George Bush was in office. If they aren't will to eat $1M to upgrade they team they need to sell the team.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:59 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:57 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
D-train wrote:

1B-Santana
2B-France????
SS-Crawford
3B-Suarez
LF-Winker
CF-JROD SHOW
RF-Haniger
C-Raleigh
DH-Lewis
We are paying Santana about $1M. Our payroll is the same as it was when George Bush was in office. If they aren't will to eat $1M to upgrade they team they need to sell the team.
That's it? I thought they split his $10.5M salary. That's nothing. Imagine what our lineup would be like with Bell in it?! Damn Jerry! Better do something at the deadline.

PS, one more day until the draft with the 4th pick.
LET'S GO KRAKEN!!!!

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:03 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:59 am
D-train wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

1B-Santana
2B-France????
SS-Crawford
3B-Suarez
LF-Winker
CF-JROD SHOW
RF-Haniger
C-Raleigh
DH-Lewis
That's it? I thought they split his $10.5M salary. That's nothing. Imagine what our lineup would be like with Bell in it?! Damn Jerry! Better do something at the deadline.

LET'S GO KRAKEN!!!!
Yeah they split the $10.5M and we owed $5.7M because the season wasn't quite to the halfway point but Used car salesman Jerry somehow got the poverty stricken Royals to send us $4.3M so we only have to pay $1.4M.
The Royals traded first baseman Carlos Santana and nearly $4.3 million to the Seattle Mariners for right-handers Wyatt Mills and William Fleming on Monday, clearing the way for Kansas City to bring up hot prospect Vinnie Pasquantino.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:06 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:03 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:59 am
D-train wrote:

LET'S GO KRAKEN!!!!
Yeah they split the $10.5M and we owed $5.7M because the season wasn't quite to the halfway point but Used car salesman Jerry somehow got the poverty stricken Royals to send us $4.3M so we only have to pay $1.4M.
The Royals traded first baseman Carlos Santana and nearly $4.3 million to the Seattle Mariners for right-handers Wyatt Mills and William Fleming on Monday, clearing the way for Kansas City to bring up hot prospect Vinnie Pasquantino.
Now I like the trade even more! Not bad for a couple of nobody's. Never really did care for Mills, and I'd never heard of Fleming up until the trade.