Name two players you want the M's to acquire at the deadline.

Donn Beach

Re: Name two players you want the M's to acquire at the deadline.

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:37 pm

Really don't think there is a chance in hell they move France off first base in the middle of the season. Remember dipoto telling him it was his position before the season started, that worked pretty well, now they are going to change that, okay

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:38 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:37 pm
Really don't think there is a chance in hell they move France off first base in the middle of the season. Remember dipoto telling him it was his position before the season started, that worked pretty well, now they are going to change that, okay
I don't either. I think he's there to stay. It was just a hypothetical.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:44 pm

Sure, we love to throw out hypotheticals here but it's not going to happen. I think Darren is thinking to put him at full time dh which isn't going to happen either.
Last edited by Donn Beach on Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:51 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:03 pm
Maybe Chisholm for Cal 😏
Cal is worth twice Chisholm. Where are you going to find a good defensive catcher with the potential to provide better than average offense? You gonna throw Torrens out there every day?

As for trading Frazier in a Chisholm deal. It gives the Marlins a temporary 2B and if we throw in a potential 2B in the deal, along with a Kid pitcher and a surplus OF, we might be able to swing the deal. If we keep Frazier, that means sending one of Haggarty or Moore down to Tacoma. Either are better than Frazier right now.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:02 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:44 pm
Sure, we love to throw out hypotheticals here but it's not going to happen. I think Darren is thinking to put him at full time dh which isn't going to happen either.
No I said DH him until he is 100% healthy. Santana is not a bad 1B so wouldn't lose anything by doing that.
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:03 pm

MarinerMike mentioned Drury from Cincinatti back on page 2 of this thread. I think that would be my target as well.
next year will be his last year of arbitration and then he is a FA in 2024 so the Reds probably wouldn't mind unloading him at this point.

He has never really done much in his career so this is kind of a breakout season for him. He has an .851 OPS with 17 Bombs which is exactly the middle of the order type production we need. He can play second base so you can slide Frazier to the bench and you have an instant .300 point improvement in OPS at that position. It also allows you to leave France where he is at 1B and let the Mitch and Lewis rotate between RF and DH if they ever get healthy.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:06 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:03 pm
MarinerMike mentioned Drury from Cincinatti back on page 2 of this thread. I think that would be my target as well.
next year will be his last year of arbitration and then he is a FA in 2024 so the Reds probably wouldn't mind unloading him at this point.

He has never really done much in his career so this is kind of a breakout season for him. He has an .851 OPS with 17 Bombs which is exactly the middle of the order type production we need. He can play second base so you can slide Frazier to the bench and you have an instant .300 point improvement in OPS at that position. It also allows you to leave France where he is at 1B and let the Mitch and Lewis rotate between RF and DH if they ever get healthy.
Yeah I am on board with that as well as I mentioned earlier today. FA in 2023 though right?

I did some more dig on the Marlins team meeting about Jazz and it seems it was much ado about nothing. They are only three back so he isn't going anywhere.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:09 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:02 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:44 pm
No I said DH him until he is 100% healthy. Santana is not a bad 1B so would lose anything by doing that.
Who France? I was talking about Bell, where would he play if he was acquired

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:23 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:06 pm
Captain 97 wrote:

Yeah I am on board with that as well as I mentioned earlier today. FA in 2023 though right?

I did some more dig on the Marlins team meeting about Jazz and it seems it was much ado about nothing. They are only three back so he isn't going anywhere.
This says he has one more year of arbitration.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1520401900

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:30 pm

Captain 97 wrote:

His OPS is about .790 on the road, what would it be if he played 50% of games in Seattle. Hint, look at what Winker did after going from Cincinnati to Seattle with a much larger track record of success (mostly in Cincy though). I'm fine acquiring him if cheap, but I'd temper expectations that he hits anywhere close to .850 in Seattle. .750 would still be an upgrade, but wouldn't give up too much for him.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez