Name two players you want the M's to acquire at the deadline.

D-train

Re: Name two players you want the M's to acquire at the deadline.

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:06 am

Wow, Sam Haggarty now has the same WAR in 1/10 the PAs as Winker. 0.4
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:07 am

Yeah love Santana's OBP but a little power would be nice.
dt

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:19 pm

ddraig wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:07 pm
The M's are going to need a replacement for Kirby. He'll be pitching way above his limit if he's still pitching in August. They need another starter.
The M's are not going to shut down an SP who is in their t3 on the team while in a playoff chase. Not happening.

They'll readjust their thought on his innings limit imo. I think 100 is their baseline because if a pitcher comes off a 0-40 inning season, they seem to have no problem bumping them up to 100. That's like the bare minimum total for a full-season pro. Look at Hancock for example. He had 40 innings last year. But if he takes the ball now every 5th day, he's going to get 110 innings or so. That's well past 40. You don't see them hoping to limit Hancock to 60 innings, and then 90 innings next year and then 130 innings in 24 and 160 innings in 25 and so on. That's ridiculous.

I think you can push Kirby to 140 innings and be fine. Hell 150 or 160 wouldn't be crazy. The key is rest between starts. Start skipping him every now and again when you can. I think they should call up Taylor Dollard and start working him in.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:46 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:19 pm
ddraig wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:07 pm
The M's are going to need a replacement for Kirby. He'll be pitching way above his limit if he's still pitching in August. They need another starter.
The M's are not going to shut down an SP who is in their t3 on the team while in a playoff chase. Not happening.

They'll readjust their thought on his innings limit imo. I think 100 is their baseline because if a pitcher comes off a 0-40 inning season, they seem to have no problem bumping them up to 100. That's like the bare minimum total for a full-season pro. Look at Hancock for example. He had 40 innings last year. But if he takes the ball now every 5th day, he's going to get 110 innings or so. That's well past 40. You don't see them hoping to limit Hancock to 60 innings, and then 90 innings next year and then 130 innings in 24 and 160 innings in 25 and so on. That's ridiculous.

I think you can push Kirby to 140 innings and be fine. Hell 150 or 160 wouldn't be crazy. The key is rest between starts. Start skipping him every now and again when you can. I think they should call up Taylor Dollard and start working him in.
Remember, he pitched 24 in the minors, so he's already around 90 ip. 6 more stats and he is Probably at double what he had last year
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

ice99

Post by ice99 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:49 pm

Maybe the M's can get Max Meyers from the Marlins. He can be a Sept callup as Kirby is winding down. He pitched 111 innings last year, mostly in AA. I'd trade Hancock as part of the package.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:57 pm

OK, I'll bite now. I like the idea of trying to get Jazz Chisholm but it will take some human coin to get him. Probably at least a "ready to jump to the majors" starter. We have a couple, so in the grand scheme of things, we do have some capital there to burn. But as D-Train's article stated, but wait, it will take more. Maybe we could swap the Marlins Frazier as well? Then throw in a couple of prospects that are blocked here so likely a good OF and perhaps a infield prospect as well. A four to one trade as the article stated isn't out of the question and wouldn't hurt the M's that badly.

I'd also like to acquire a starting pitcher to replace Kirby in the lineup over the next few weeks. IF (BIG IF) Frankie Montas' injury isn't season ending, trading for him and giving him three or four weeks to rest might just turn the trick. But here, I have no idea what it would cost. But if we can acquire Montas at a reduced price because of his injury, he may be worth the chance.

Realistically, my ideas are no better or no worse than anyone else's, but at least my ideas might not cost the M's much to trade Frazier and a couple of pieces for Chisholm and pick up a currently damaged, but high upside if he's OK, Montas.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:01 pm

I really hope we put the hurt on NYY. We've got 6 games in 10 days in early August, and I really do not want them thinking that they can possibly chase 116.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:03 pm

ddraig wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:57 pm
OK, I'll bite now. I like the idea of trying to get Jazz Chisholm but it will take some human coin to get him. Probably at least a "ready to jump to the majors" starter. We have a couple, so in the grand scheme of things, we do have some capital there to burn. But as D-Train's article stated, but wait, it will take more. Maybe we could swap the Marlins Frazier as well? Then throw in a couple of prospects that are blocked here so likely a good OF and perhaps a infield prospect as well. A four to one trade as the article stated isn't out of the question and wouldn't hurt the M's that badly.

I'd also like to acquire a starting pitcher to replace Kirby in the lineup over the next few weeks. IF (BIG IF) Frankie Montas' injury isn't season ending, trading for him and giving him three or four weeks to rest might just turn the trick. But here, I have no idea what it would cost. But if we can acquire Montas at a reduced price because of his injury, he may be worth the chance.

Realistically, my ideas are no better or no worse than anyone else's, but at least my ideas might not cost the M's much to trade Frazier and a couple of pieces for Chisholm and pick up a currently damaged, but high upside if he's OK, Montas.
Maybe Chisholm for Cal 😏

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:17 pm

ddraig wrote:

Jazz is a good target but it would always make me think of the transexual in the reality show "I am Jazz" LOL

If you were are Marlins GM or fan, why would you want two months of Frazier?
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:26 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:17 pm
ddraig wrote:

Jazz is a good target but it would always make me think of the transexual in the reality show "I am Jazz" LOL

If you were are Marlins GM or fan, why would you want two months of Frazier?
I think 2B is a great place to upgrade. Or go and get you're guy Bell at 1B and move France to 2B where he's fully capable.