Big news from Dipoto on weekly radio hit

Vogelbomb

Big news from Dipoto on weekly radio hit

Post by Vogelbomb » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:07 pm

There were a number of highlights but I want to first talk about what he said in regards to shutting down George Kirby. He said, "We don't have a hard innings cap on George. We'll let the stress of his innings decide . . . There's really nothing that he's doing that say he's fatigued. We're going to let George and his body (tell us)."

He also highlighted Taylor Dollard as the SP prospect "(the organization) are most excited about right now" though talked about a "bridge" being used if one of the current 5 in the rotation were to go down. He said "we have five really good starters right now and we don't want to displace anyone."

He said Ty France will be back by this weekend and essentially said he's being activated tonight.

Said Kyle Lewis is running as well as he has in 2 years and because of the Santana addition, they want him playing OF in the minors so he's going to be down on his rehab awhile.

D-train

Re: Big news from Dipoto on weekly radio hit

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:15 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:07 pm
There were a number of highlights but I want to first talk about what he said in regards to shutting down George Kirby. He said, "We don't have a hard innings cap on George. We'll let the stress of his innings decide . . . There's really nothing that he's doing that say he's fatigued. We're going to let George and his body (tell us)."

He also highlighted Taylor Dollard as the SP prospect "(the organization) are most excited about right now" though talked about a "bridge" being used if one of the current 5 in the rotation were to go down. He said "we have five really good starters right now and we don't want to displace anyone."

He said Ty France will be back by this weekend and essentially said he's being activated tonight.

Said Kyle Lewis is running as well as he has in 2 years and because of the Santana addition, they want him playing OF in the minors so he's going to be down on his rehab awhile.
Wow, great news on all fronts! Go Jerry! Thanks for posting!
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:18 pm

Even better than the Kirby news (I guess it is partially a result of that news) is they they will be focusing on the lineup as I suggested.
dt

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:29 pm

Hopefully he heard us yesterday and corrected course. Either way, no Kirby innings cap and that's TREMENDOUS

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:42 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:29 pm
Hopefully he heard us yesterday and corrected course. Either way, no Kirby innings cap and that's TREMENDOUS
Can you see the user names of those that downloaded. If you see something like JerseyJerry or JerryD we will have our answer! :lol:
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:43 pm

I see a lot of double speak. He is just saying what he needs to say to keep people off his case now while still leaving himself the flexibility to cap Kirby's innings whenever he wants to.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:55 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:43 pm
I see a lot of double speak. He is just saying what he needs to say to keep people off his case now while still leaving himself the flexibility to cap Kirby's innings whenever he wants to.
He could teach a Phd level college course in double speak. I think he has a career as a politician after he gets fired.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:04 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Better than him saying they have a hard innings cap and they are going to shut him down.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:28 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:04 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Better than him saying they have a hard innings cap and they are going to shut him down.
That’s basically what he said. You just have to screen out the bullshit

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:45 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:28 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:04 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
That’s basically what he said. You just have to screen out the bullshit
That's what this means
There's really nothing that he's doing that say he's fatigued. We're going to let George and his body (tell us)
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez