JK's career is over

D-train

Re: JK's career is over

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:39 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:20 pm
I think it is funny that there is now talk about him being rushed. Not too many years ago this place was abuzz about how shitty it was to not get him up to the majors ASAP! We were pissing this poor kid off, always trying to pinch a penny, didn't care about winning, blah blah. Then, they don't let him play in the majors in 2020, like everyone wanted, didn't start him out immediately in the majors in 2021, even though everyone wanted him to. BUT, now that the guys sucks ass, everyone in here wanted him to play more minor league ball!? Bullshit. There was topic after topic about how stupid this organization was for worrying about service years, yet now? They were stupid to even bring him up. :shock:
I think that was one of those very Rare occasions that I didn't have a strong position either way. lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:41 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:32 pm
Michael K. wrote:
I think it is funny that there is now talk about him being rushed. Not too many years ago this place was abuzz about how shitty it was to not get him up to the majors ASAP! We were pissing this poor kid off, always trying to pinch a penny, didn't care about winning, blah blah. Then, they don't let him play in the majors in 2020, like everyone wanted, didn't start him out immediately in the majors in 2021, even though everyone wanted him to. BUT, now that the guys sucks ass, everyone in here wanted him to play more minor league ball!? Bullshit. There was topic after topic about how stupid this organization was for worrying about service years, yet now? They were stupid to even bring him up. :shock:
You are painting with a broad brush. I said at the time he was being rushed and that he should have been in AA for 2021. I think there were a few here that had the same opinion.
Yes, I recall that you called out people for twisting Mather's comments to fit their narrative. I also agree that it was close to 50/50 here.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:43 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:41 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Michael K. wrote:
You are painting with a broad brush. I said at the time he was being rushed and that he should have been in AA for 2021. I think there were a few here that had the same opinion.
Yes, I recall that you called out people for twisting Mather's comments to fit their narrative. I also agree that it was close to 50/50 here.
Nothing that Mather said was even wrong imo. It was incredibly stupid to say some of the things, and especially in the way he said it.

Julio's english probably wasn't "tremendous", but for a 19 year old who started speaking just 1-2 years prior, it was well above average, and should have been applauded. All teams try to negotiate, but to say they would come back "hat in hand" was stupid.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:48 pm

We should be relieved that they never traded Haniger thinking JK was a lock for right field.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:52 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:48 pm
We should be relieved that they never traded Haniger thinking JK was a lock for right field.
I still think they should have traded Haniger back when they did the rebuild. I was calling for Austin Riley from the Braves, as they were the team most linked to Haniger.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:54 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:43 pm
D-train wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:

Nothing that Mather said was even wrong imo. It was incredibly stupid to say some of the things, and especially in the way he said it.

Julio's english probably wasn't "tremendous", but for a 19 year old who started speaking just 1-2 years prior, it was well above average, and should have been applauded. All teams try to negotiate, but to say they would come back "hat in hand" was stupid.
I couldn't believe he was focused on parking revenue to the extent that he didn't allow the employees to park in the garage. Maybe $1000 a game. My God talk about penny wise pound foolish.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:58 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:52 pm
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:48 pm
I still think they should have traded Haniger back when they did the rebuild. I was calling for Austin Riley from the Braves, as they were the team most linked to Haniger.
If it meant getting Seiya this last winter. Fine. But joker Jerry still believes in Kelenic

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:26 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
D-train wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:

Mather commented they wouldn't bring him up even if he was ready. There was nothing about if he actually was o not.

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:31 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:26 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
D-train wrote:

Mather commented they wouldn't bring him up even if he was ready. There was nothing about if he actually was o not.
Which is what set the mushbrains off despite it being the common industry practice which occurred as a result of the collective bargaining agreement.

Don't like it, change it- and they did.

But there was nothing wrong with flat out saying they would start Kelenic in AAA under the previous system. It's just how the system worked.

The Seattle scarf wearers just needed something new to get their panties in a twist under their skinny jeans about.

"Service time manipulation".

What a stupid concept.

Teams knew they could get 6.7 years out of any given player, so they took it. Boo effin hoo.

ice99

Post by ice99 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:42 pm

Most fans knew there was service time manipulation. The players' union knew, and the owners knew. But there really wasn't an incident where they openly amitted it, no smoking gun, until Mather opened his big mouth. Then the M's were under the scrutiny of the players' union backlash on how they handled him.