Re: JK's career is over

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:12 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:07 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:05 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:10 pm

Literally everyone bought into the Hot September Hoax that he had figured it out and it was clear sailing from there. Crazy.
Not all of us....
:D All credit to you sir! Epic find. When I looked at the pitchers in KC that he hit the bombs off of I couldn't believe it. They made Hector Noesi and Darren McCaughen seem like Ryan and Koufax! lol
Don't see where it matters who the pitchers are. If he was hitting home runs off the likes of Noesi and McCaughen type pitchers these days that be a significant improvement improvement, I'd take it

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:25 am

NO JK's career is not over it is in fact repossessed and being driven by Sam I am Hagerty

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:02 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:20 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:47 pm
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:25 am
I would like a Mariner reporter to look into JK’s early years….few people are aware that he never played high school baseball….He has been handled differently….Played elite baseball camps and never got his jersey dirty. Finally powder boy is getting humbled and his world is upside down. Virtually no time spent starving in the minors……Why did Jerry not see he wasn’t ready for prime time last year instead of bringing him up at leadoff….Almost appears Jerry was trying to embarrass his stupid ass……. The trouble I see is Jerod has mental deficiencies either bi polar or worse. Just a complete failure and Jerry can’t hide from the scrutiny….The kid clearly wasn’t ready
You're saying elite baseball camps are below the quality of highschool baseball? You really don't think they get their jerseys dirty?
As P satire and taking things way too literally. Might be bed time. ;)
Was the entire post satire? I wasn't taking the uniforms crack literally but I took the point seriously. His development was damaged by not playing highschool baseball. I thought you meant the elite program was like less "real".

Anyway, here is kelinic talking about it
Going back to eighth grade, Kelenic determined that he wouldn't play for his high school team at Waukesha West High School, instead opting to play for the Rawlings Hitters out of nearby Caledonia, about 25 miles away in the Milwaukee suburbs. Because of the ability he'd shown from a young age, Kelenic had already played up two levels with his travel teams as a middle-schooler and thought that pro ball could be a reality if he took the right steps to develop.

I knew the high school route wasn't going to challenge me," he said. "I'm always up for a challenge, whether it's baseball or something other than baseball. High school wasn't going to do that, so I found the next best thing.
"Better pitching. More traveling. I think traveling is half the battle. Getting on the bus, traveling from city to city, getting off the bus, stretching and being ready to play -- that definitely was going to help me. My ultimate goal was to play professional baseball. I was looking for scenarios that were going to help me in the best way possible. It's also just a faster game. Guys are out there playing because they have the same goals I did. When you can surround yourself with people on the same mission you are, it's a great thing."
Here is a Hitters page, put a number of players in the ML

https://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/? ... s=baseball

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:06 am

They've put a number of players in MLB..

Any good ones?

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:30 am

I saw a list of historically bad players and one of the guys near Kelenic seems like a pretty good comp.

Brett Phillips has a career .190 average with a .637 OPS and was recently sent packing by the Rays at age 28 after entering MLB as a 23 year old.

He has 894 plate appearances to Kelenics already 500.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:57 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:12 am
D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:07 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:05 pm

Not all of us....
:D All credit to you sir! Epic find. When I looked at the pitchers in KC that he hit the bombs off of I couldn't believe it. They made Hector Noesi and Darren McCaughen seem like Ryan and Koufax! lol
Don't see where it matters who the pitchers are. If he was hitting home runs off the likes of Noesi and McCaughen type pitchers these days that be a significant improvement improvement, I'd take it
He was....in Tacoma.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:06 pm

bpj wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:30 am
I saw a list of historically bad players and one of the guys near Kelenic seems like a pretty good comp.

Brett Phillips has a career .190 average with a .637 OPS and was recently sent packing by the Rays at age 28 after entering MLB as a 23 year old.

He has 894 plate appearances to Kelenics already 500.
Hey Phillips is very talented!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9EYyGRJXQo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB8Wzas5b7I
dt

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:15 pm

JK now 2-27 since being called back up, with everything on the line for him, and his ABs are just total give-ups now. That's a telling comment on his character along with everything else.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:20 pm

I think it is funny that there is now talk about him being rushed. Not too many years ago this place was abuzz about how shitty it was to not get him up to the majors ASAP! We were pissing this poor kid off, always trying to pinch a penny, didn't care about winning, blah blah. Then, they don't let him play in the majors in 2020, like everyone wanted, didn't start him out immediately in the majors in 2021, even though everyone wanted him to. BUT, now that the guys sucks ass, everyone in here wanted him to play more minor league ball!? Bullshit. There was topic after topic about how stupid this organization was for worrying about service years, yet now? They were stupid to even bring him up. :shock:

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:32 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:20 pm
I think it is funny that there is now talk about him being rushed. Not too many years ago this place was abuzz about how shitty it was to not get him up to the majors ASAP! We were pissing this poor kid off, always trying to pinch a penny, didn't care about winning, blah blah. Then, they don't let him play in the majors in 2020, like everyone wanted, didn't start him out immediately in the majors in 2021, even though everyone wanted him to. BUT, now that the guys sucks ass, everyone in here wanted him to play more minor league ball!? Bullshit. There was topic after topic about how stupid this organization was for worrying about service years, yet now? They were stupid to even bring him up. :shock:
You are painting with a broad brush. I said at the time he was being rushed and that he should have been in AA for 2021. I think there were a few here that had the same opinion.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez