JK's career is over

D-train

Re: JK's career is over

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:57 pm

Bil522 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:52 pm
Wonder if his management would still turn down a long term deal?
Also long it is $1 more than the Evan White deal!
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:35 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:54 am
D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:48 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:41 am

And a lot of guys don't figure out our until later. I'm not banking my career in it or anything, but I think he'll figure it out
Sure but the disconnect is the NONE of thim started this horrifically. If he was hitting .200-220 with close to a 700 OPS then sure by all means but it would be unprecedented in the history of baseball.
Most of them weren't thrown into MLB at 21-22 way before they were ready.
Most of the also didn't throw a hissy about not being on the roster the damn year before. His ego greatly outweighs his talent and he will never recover, BECAUSE he thought he was too good for it all. Couldn't learn from the minors, greatest thing ever right now, and if the organization doesn't play him it's all about money and not winning baseball. No one but you and JK'S mom still believe this guy will be anything but a AAAA guy for the rest of his career, and it is on HIM.

Rushed him, the guy threw a giant fit about having to be in the minors instead of putting in the work. This is all on him bro, and no one else.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:38 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:36 pm
The thing that irks me about the Kelenic narrative is this notion that is promoted that he has the talent and he just needs to get his head straight. I hear that literally all the time and I wholeheartedly disagree. Recognizing pitches and having the ability to hit a breaking ball is not a mental issue it is a talent issue. He doesn't have that skill set. being in a good frame of mind is not going to help his vision and its not going to help him make more contact on the slow stuff.
Just for the record and shits and giggles. I don’t think he has the talent and he never has and in addition to that he has something amiss upstairs. He shows little to no emotion when he should and excess emotion when he should be a tad more humble. Watch him in the dugout it’s weird

harmony

Post by harmony » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:55 pm

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:05 pm

harmony wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:55 pm
On a more positive note:

https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2022/8/9 ... ed-kelenic
Harmony I’m sure your intentions are honorable However this article doesn’t really speak positively about powder boy.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:45 pm

There is that
One surprising bit of data from the table: the Mariner with the highest DHH% on any pitch (minimum 25 BBEs, or Batted Ball Events) is Jarred Kelenic on four-seam fastballs. When he makes contact, Jarred hits the fastball harder than any Mariner not named Julio, Cal, or Eugenio. He also hits the fastball in a way that should most often turn into hits, with a DHH% of 38.5%. That’s a higher mark than Juan Soto, Ronald Acuña Jr., Anthony Rizzo or Rafael Devers

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:53 pm

We are at the point where we are searching for partially digested kernels of corn in a giant dump.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:17 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:45 pm
There is that
One surprising bit of data from the table: the Mariner with the highest DHH% on any pitch (minimum 25 BBEs, or Batted Ball Events) is Jarred Kelenic on four-seam fastballs. When he makes contact, Jarred hits the fastball harder than any Mariner not named Julio, Cal, or Eugenio. He also hits the fastball in a way that should most often turn into hits, with a DHH% of 38.5%. That’s a higher mark than Juan Soto, Ronald Acuña Jr., Anthony Rizzo or Rafael Devers
One surprising bit of data from the table: the Mariner with the highest DHH% on any pitch (minimum 25 BBEs, or Batted Ball Events) is Jarred Kelenic on four-seam fastballs. When he makes contact, Jarred hits the fastball harder than any Mariner not named Julio, Cal, or Eugenio. He also hits the fastball in a way that should most often turn into hits, with a DHH% of 38.5%. That’s a higher mark than Juan Soto, Ronald Acuña Jr., Anthony Rizzo or Rafael Devers. However, Kelenic’s average launch angle on fastballs is just a shade lower than Cal’s, at 25 degrees, but he doesn’t hit the ball nearly as hard, with an average exit velocity of just 89.2 MPH. That could mean he’s due for some regression on his DHH%, as seen with his fly ball rate of over 55% while he’s hitting line drives at just a 10% rate this season.
The complete quote tells a different story
1. It’s regarding fastballs that we all know he can hit including every pitcher in baseball.
2 when he makes contact…..basically never
3. He is the 4th best in turning a fast ball around…Whenhe makes contact
4He is due for regression

Ya theres that alright

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:49 pm

Yeah that is it, it's not that he can hit a fastball if he connects but he can hit them really hard. Not defending it, just a bit of data.

Terms of JK in general, not concerned about declaring his career over, though I don't think it is. Even if he continues to struggle he will be given plenty of more chances.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:00 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:49 pm
Yeah that is it, it's not that he can hit a fastball if he connects but he can hit them really hard. Not defending it, just a bit of data.

Terms of JK in general, not concerned about declaring his career over, though I don't think it is. Even if he continues to struggle he will be given plenty of more chances.
I agree Jerry will give Him plenty of chances.. where I have a problem is when we don’t fill a need over the winter when Jerry knew jk was struggling…now we have a new hole with Haniger…if Jerry doesn’t extend him. We should have gotten a significant bat last winter like Seiya which would allow jk to figure out how to layoff junk.